What is something you are NOT eating now that you used too.....

Options
I am trying to go vegan but so far a pescetarian. I have given up
eggs
beef
chicken
pork
all meats ect. expect for seafood

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    coca cola gave soda especially this one...completely,
  • Chicasonamission
    Chicasonamission Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    coca cola gave soda especially this one...completely,

I'm working on that one too for now I still do Coke Zero.....I know diet ones are worse but I only have it ever once in a while.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Haven't had Dairy Queen in over year
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    French fries. I never really liked them to begin with, so it may not be much of a sacrifice, but at least they're officially out of my diet.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Haven't had Dairy Queen in over year

You know what, I have never been to a Dairy Queen, which we have in Maryland and of course now it makes me want to check it out....lls I know I have issues. lol
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    marsinah1 wrote: »
    French fries. I never really liked them to begin with, so it may not be much of a sacrifice, but at least they're officially out of my diet.

French fries are not a weakness for me but when ever I see my kids having some I have to have some too :-/
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Considering three cans/bottles of soda (mainly Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew) and a generous sized bag of flamin' hot cheetos a day brought me here...that. Yeah, that. I had my first bag of hot cheetos in well over a year the other day and actually didn't like them as much as I remembered, either. I do sometimes enjoy soda in moderation but even that's kinda meh now. Amazing how after cutting them out of your life you realize you didn't love them as much as you thought you did to begin with.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    Considering three cans/bottles of soda (mainly Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew) and a generous sized bag of flamin' hot cheetos a day brought me here...that. Yeah, that. I had my first bag of hot cheetos in well over a year the other day and actually didn't like them as much as I remembered, either. I do sometimes enjoy soda in moderation but even that's kinda meh now. Amazing how after cutting them out of your life you realize you didn't love them as much as you thought you did to begin with.

Funny I just tried the hot cheetos on Sunday.....they were hot and I wanted to stop eating them but it was so hard....not going near them again....lol
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Cheetos and oreos
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    French fries are not a weakness for me but when ever I see my kids having some I have to have some too :-/

Yep, the only reason I ever ate them is because they were there in front of me.

Let me break Dairy Queen's menu down for you into two basic choices: grease and ice cream. I'll admit that the ice cream isn't bad at all. If you go, beware of the chicken basket with the toast and gravy.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    All soda
    All red meat
    Most fast food
    Most fried foods
    Most sweets

I'm trying to be healthy, not just thin. It's been nearly 4 months and I don't really miss any of it.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Nothing, actually. I don't eat some things very often, but I didn't cut anything out. Just cut down on the amount.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    Thea519 wrote: »
    All soda
    All red meat
    Most fast food
    Most fried foods
    Most sweets

I'm trying to be healthy, not just thin. It's been nearly 4 months and I don't really miss any of it.

Dang that is great I am trying but sweets are my weakness.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    Cheetos and oreos

We stop buying Oreos because they would not last pass a day in the house.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Everything in moderation.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    marsinah1 wrote: »

Yep, the only reason I ever ate them is because they were there in front of me.

Let me break Dairy Queen's menu down for you into two basic choices: grease and ice cream. I'll admit that the ice cream isn't bad at all. If you go, beware of the chicken basket with the toast and gravy.

Ice cream sounds good as for the rest not eating chicken.....been off meat and eggs for 5 months now.
  • jrockgirl
    jrockgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I adapted a vegan life style. I was vegetarian before for a year but decided to go vegan and it's been a great decision. Before being vegetarian and vegan I ate a lot of fast-food which I rarely do now. Maybe with friends once every month. It's usually chipotle which has some vegan menu options and other places we have here that serve vegan food.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I just eat less of it than I used to.
    That being said, I've made special effort to cut back on Pepsi, pizza and dairy (lactose intolerance, not extremist food religion).
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Nothing, actually. I don't eat some things very often, but I didn't cut anything out. Just cut down on the amount.

That sounds good too.....I am just working on becoming a vegan that is why I have cut somethings out.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    jrockgirl wrote: »
    I adapted a vegan life style. I was vegetarian before for a year but decided to go vegan and it's been a great decision. Before being vegetarian and vegan I ate a lot of fast-food which I rarely do now. Maybe with friends once every month. It's usually chipotle which has some vegan menu options and other places we have here that serve vegan food.

GREAT to hear it....I am on a pescetarian diet but want to be a vegan so I am trying to cut out all the things I can to become one.