How long did it take you to lose your first 10 lbs?

Options

Replies

• SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    A month which shocked me atleast and since 17 more its been 6 months for me , so will see howlong it takes the last pounds to come off which is dwindling .

start weight jan 1st 150.5
    cw 124
    gw 110

Im 4ft 10
    age 29

youngest daughter about 16 months old ,her sister 19 months older almost to the day only if she had been born the day I went into labor it would have been exact lol
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    2 months.

Now it's been 13 months and I've lost 40 pounds altogether. I don't lose weight that quick but I am very close to goal now.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month...
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    Well I lost 9 pounds so far and it took me about 5 weeks
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    about 5 weeks. In 1 month I lost 8.4 lbs and by month 2 I lost 17.
  • Megadautilus
    Options
    I weighed 225lbs at 5'4 so simply by eating like half the ice cream at night or a few less pizza rolls I lost like 10lbs in like two weeks. It eventually got harder and I had to make real changes. Took me five years to get down to 155. That is because I stalled and slowly made changes, it wasn't a constant thing.
  • Monsterliana
    Monsterliana Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Took me a month!!!! I'm watching my carb intake (70-100 a day) and just started exercising two weeks ago.
  • aidyl320
    aidyl320 Posts: 2
    Options
    Took me about 2 weeks. I do Zumba on the wii for at least 30 min a day, walk in the morning and eat healthy. I only drink water also.
  • bunny92441
    bunny92441 Posts: 42
    Options
    It's been 4 weeks and 3 days and hit my 10 lbs loss this morning. :)
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A month :) at - 11 pounds now
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    6 days. But of course it slowed after that.
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Options
    10,8 lbs in about 3 month... but I go cycling or running at least 4-5 times a week.
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Options

you lost 10 Pounds in 6 days??? this is impossible. 1 Pound of fat got approx. 4500 calories. so you burned 7500 calories a day with Sport or not eating????? LOL
  • DeannaNL
    DeannaNL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1 month in and 13 pounds down!! :)
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    I have been using MFP for 3 weeks and have went down 8lbs so far....I really hope I keep losing at that pace because I don't want to hit a plateau for a while
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I usually can do 10lbs in 6 weeks--if I stick to it. That's my problem.

I lost 4 this week; but I know most of that is water weight. I'd like to lose 2 lbs a week? I have a lot to lose, so I know I'lose more in the beginning.

I have a mini goal of losing 20 lbs. by August 19. My son starts high school that day and I go back to work.
  • alisaprince1
    Options

you lost 10 Pounds in 6 days??? this is impossible. 1 Pound of fat got approx. 4500 calories. so you burned 7500 calories a day with Sport or not eating????? LOL
    This is incorrect, for one a lb of gay is approx 3500 calories for another it's not impossible although most was probably water weight. I watched my scale drop the lb overnight once seemingly impossible but NOT.
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    Typos, a lb of FAT
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    How do you burn that may calories at work? What do you do that is just crazy high.

And I started at 285 and I lost my first 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Next 10 a month after that so about a month and a half. Next 10 at about 4 months. And currently I am at 251 and I am 5 months in.

But really don't base where you should be on where everyone on here is. Stay strong, you got this!
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    How do you burn that may calories at work? What do you do that is just crazy high.

And I started at 285 and I lost my first 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Next 10 a month after that so about a month and a half. Next 10 at about 4 months. And currently I am at 251 and I am 5 months in.

But really don't base where you should be on where everyone on here is. Stay strong, you got this!
    Exactly, everyone losses at different rates, just do your best and the lbs WILL come off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!