How long did it take you to lose your first 10 lbs?

Options

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I started at 133 in April, and it took me till now to drop 9lbs.
  • BeautifulByChoice
    Options
    I lost mine very quickly. About a month.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    A little under 6weeks.
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It took me about two months to move 15 pounds. I was way frustrated. But I had to learn portion control and just cut down on bad things bit by bit.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    Curious to hear of everyone's successes and rate at which you lost your initial 10lbs (or more!) as I feel like my weight loss is fairly slow... I average about 2400 burned calories a day, with no exercise included - just a normal day at work. I've been eating approximately 1600-1700 calories a day (hoping for 1.5ish loss a week) and haven't really seen great changes. My exercise is weight training 2-3 days a week and 3-4 days of the week walking/jogging intervals for a minimum of 2 miles.

For those who had a slower/stubborn start, did you change anything more to your initial changes to kick it into higher gear? Or did you stay with your new changes long enough to see the weight start dropping?

i lost 10lb my first week ... I don't expect to lose that again, i don't know how but my aim is 1-2lb a week.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Since I came back from my hiatus.. I lost 10lbs in a month and a half.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My first 10 lbs came off in a couple of weeks. Of course initial weight loss when just starting out is mostly water weight and I was obese at 335 lbs at the time.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I started at 223 and lost 10 lbs in my first month. At 5 months in I was down 40 lbs and will be very close to hitting 50 lbs lost when i hit 6 months (i should hit 50 lbs at 6 months but i dont want to jinx myself!)
  • Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    About 6 weeks, but I was only serious about losing weight for about 3 weeks of that.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wish I could answer this question but I only weighed myself two or three times the first 4 months I started losing weight.

I lost 15 lbs though in 3.5 months. Maybe that's slow compared to other people but my goal was to lose slow and feel good. I think I am achieving that goal. I have been improving my diet and lifestyle for a year and a couple months now and have lost ~40 lbs.
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It took me a little under six months to lose my first 10, but I only had 15 to lose, and I went slowly but steadily. Now I feel like when I have a day I go over in calories that I'm not going to gain it all back. I truly feel that weight that comes off slowly stays off longer. I still have a few more pounds to go and figure I won't be at that goal until at least the fall if not longer.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    5 years thinking about it and 1.5 months to do it.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    When I initially started losing weight over a year ago, it took me about a week to lose the first 10 pounds.

Water weight plus not eating all the fast food, I'm sure I went from 4000 cals/day to 1200/day plus working out, that's bound to do something! It came off pretty slowly after that losing another 32 in the next 10 months. The past 3 months I've averaged 10 pounds/month but I am working my butt off to do it. What you put in is what you get out of this.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    About 23 days for me, I am 52 years old now and it is slower than when I was younger but that's ok.
  • Windiemich1
    Windiemich1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 26 pounds in 3 1/2 months. I was 157 and now I am at 131. I lost 11 pounds the first month. Then it was an average of 1 and 1/2 pounds a week with the occasion plateau. I ate 1200 calories a day and did not exercise. I have 10 more to go, but really seem to be struggling. I have started the 30 day shred and started walking.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    around a month and a half without doing much either.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    About 3 weeks
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My first 10 pounds came off pretty quick
    Now I am struggling to lose my last 5 pounds, it is really a struggle
  • something_vague
    Options
    4 days, but I started at 320 so it went very quickly at first. Water weight mostly, I'm sure.
  • callistasky
    callistasky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    About 3 months. I went to the gym 6-7 days a week for 2 months before I lost a pound. It sucks, but if you hang in there, the weight really starts to drop off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!