What is up with some of the people on this site...

Options

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Ya. if I see on a profile anything about beachbody coaching I avoid them. I've had some mention that...I'll periodically get a message from some woman telling me I look fantastic. I don't reply.

I get all sorts of other messages as the others have mentioned too...just wait for them.
  • Nograce80
    Nograce80 Posts: 8,443 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I've not once had that happen. :|

me either, what do they not think I can have a beach body???? :'(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nograce80 wrote: »

It's coz you're wearing a TARDIS beanie. Whovians are impervious to woo.
  • Nograce80
    Options

That is my daughter. I'm wearing a supernatural one, doesn't that mean I need wooing?
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    kmart0819 wrote: »
    Seriously, I made a post introducing myself, and then I have people messaging me at first seeming like they are genuinely interested in making a friend and having people to talk to about their journey with them. Then a few messages in after seeming like a nice person to talk to and genuinely taking a interest in your journey they message you talking about how they are a coach for some website or want you to join their facebook group, when you check the group out they are all advertising their pyramid scheme fitness "business" trying to sell products like its some Mary Kay spin off for fitness products. Be upfront about your intentions if you do this stuff, don't waste peoples time and most importantly don't come off like you are a good person taking interest in someones transformation journey or act like you are trying to find motivation for yourself when you are really just trying to get rich quick.

If you want to message someone to simply have a conversation and get to know someone, make a friend for motivation, or anything like that then do that. If you want to sell your life changing fitness product, do it somewhere else.

Don't fall for anyones "transformation" product. Only buy supplements from a store or online at bodybuilding.com. Not from some no name scum on here. Also there is not shortcut to doing this, no magic product. Don't kill your organs and take years off your life with some product that hasn't been around long enough to be tested.

Anyways... Rant over, for those who read this whole thing, thanks!

I have had a few people do that too me, or they will say can I add you on FB and then they dileut my page with their BS. I just delete them and move on
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yeah I hate it. I only like in person stuff like that. If I want beach body, I'll start selling it.

But I'm awesome:) not to to toot my own horn.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

That is my daughter. I'm wearing a supernatural one, doesn't that mean I need wooing?

Only by Dean, never by BeachBody.
  • Nograce80
    Options

Only by Dean, never by BeachBody.
    Castiel can woo me too, I'm not picky! Cool on sam though, don't like a male pouty face!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Word.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    yeah the marketers are the worst. and they always do it sly, just casually mention it in their "about" but then start sending you messages about it with links and stuff. ridiculous.

i always send them pervy messages filled with dirty talk in response. man's gotta have a code.

This is funny

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Yep.. Sadly the site is full of beachbody , it works, and all other mlm crap. Its all snake oil junk but they try to push it on every single newcomer.
    Forward those messages to a moderator so they can look into it. Its against forum guidelines to try to sell these products and if enough people report it, maybe they will take action.
    I'll leave you with a moderators name here - @ninerbuff , or @Olivia if you would like to talk with them about these sales people.

Thanks for pinging me!

When folks get sales or spam or otherwise concerning private messages, please first block the user so you never have to hear about it again, and then let myself or @Rachel know so we can look into it. Sometimes folks are doing this as a one off and we aren't likely to intervene if its not a pattern and sometimes these folks are spamming or trying to scheme groups of people and we do step in then and let them know we have guidelines against it and depending on the pattern or severity or if its happened before then we restrict abilities to message people or even to login.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    We be craZy and shieeettt
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    never has happened to me in almost three years on this site...maybe it's something in your introduction or something...

at any rate, be more discerning...it's just like the real world...there are good people and bad people. block the user and let the mods know.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I haven't either. I am feeling a bit left out
  • KhloeKakes
    KhloeKakes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't got any messages or friends :/
  • crssftlv
    crssftlv Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought he was going to say they were sending dirty messages lol ... That's what I encounter alot.
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I only get pervy messages from guys
    although once i got a message from a girl asking if i was able to help her with her nail biting habbit :/

Oh no! So did I. She was a trip! Lol I ignored her because she asked if I had skype. Weird!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am just a person. Nothing to sell. Older than dirt. Trying to get by.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    kmart0819 wrote: »
    Just wait, you'll soon start to receive the pervy messages in your box, lol.

Haha I don't think us guys typically have that issue. Sorry that you get them though. Some people are just scum.

zfmik2i6osrj.gif