How many exercise to find love ?

Options
lets all be honest how many of you work it to find love ?

Replies

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Optimal health and peak fitness make us feel great, look our best and live well all through our years.

And people can put forward all the platitudes they want, but in the game of love, obese people are highly discriminated against.
    That's just nature.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I exercise and eat well because I love myself, I'm worth it (as Lloreal says). If I were single I'd honestly be most interested in being with somone with healthy self-esteem, and that includes looking after themselves physically, mentally and emotionally.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options

I have never, ever thought about exercising to find love. I'm confused as to what you mean by this?

Hoping to pick someone up at a gym?
    Hoping to literally bump into the partner of your dreams on your morning run?
    Hoping that next time you're at the bar that hot piece of *kitten* will notice your bulging biceps?

I would much rather have a partner who appreciates me for my humour, intellect, passion, curiosity and independence. I exercise because it makes me feel good about myself.

Besides, if you're looking good enough to 'pull' when you're exercising, you aren't doing it right; unless you have the red face and the sweats and the heavy, laboured breathe thing going on, what's the point? Sure as heel isn't the most attractive of looks anyway :p
  • Tucker145
    Tucker145 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When you look around you, you want others to be healthy and active. Therefore you are correct. If my spouse was overweight and out of shape, that would be a turn off. If someone can't keep up to me, I probably wouldn't have given them a chance. If someone could out do me, it makes me want to step it up.
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Married now to lovely woman whom I love dearly.

However in my younger days, I wished I had exercised more. It's quite disheartening to get rejected when all your mates and evenyour female friends tell you that you're a great guy. We all took a moment when we see someone beautiful with someone more ordinary. That in itself is proof of how rare it is. I posted in a different forum that I recently bumped into a girl I asked out and she has put on some weight and I am looking pretty good. I don't believe in karma or any of that nonsense. But when you look good, you feel good andthe combination of looking well and having some confidence is fantastic. In a weird way, even though it doesn't relate to weight, I now won't leave the house without some gel in my hair and decent shirt. No more runing to the shops in my tracksuit.

Nowadays I exercise for love but not to find love. I exercise to live a healthier life with my wife and be around for as long as possible with my lovely daughter.
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I have never, ever thought about exercising to find love. I'm confused as to what you mean by this?

Hoping that next time you're at the bar that hot piece of *kitten* will notice your bulging biceps?

I would much rather have a partner who appreciates me for my humour, intellect, passion, curiosity and independence. I exercise because it makes me feel good about myself.

Besides, if you're looking good enough to 'pull' when you're exercising, you aren't doing it right; unless you have the red face and the sweats and the heavy, laboured breathe thing going on, what's the point? Sure as heel isn't the most attractive of looks anyway :p

You're one breath away from saying "real beauty comes from within."

You shouldn't marry someone based soley on what they look like, but let's be honest here, physically fit people are more attractive. It doesn't matter whether you're straight, gay, bi or whatever.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    tomnev1 wrote: »

You're one breath away from saying "real beauty comes from within."

You shouldn't marry someone based soley on what they look like, but let's be honest here, physically fit people are more attractive. It doesn't matter whether you're straight, gay, bi or whatever.

I do admit, that almost sounded like some sort of cheesy TV commercial there (and apologies for the typo's, sneaking in a few minutes of MFP whilst at work-it is a Friday!).

I think on the whole, it would probably be a good assumption to make. However, I know I am the an exception. I like my guys with a bit of flab on them. I like guys that don't care about what they look like (obviously, there are hygiene limits lol). I would take a bloke who was in the overweight category than someone with buff muscles any day.

Plus, a study recently done in the UK (can't find link to study, i'll try googling it when I get a few more minutes) has shown that the majority of women they surveyed thought that 'larger' men were much better in bed. Maybe perceptions of what attracts are changing!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tucker145 wrote: »
    When you look around you, you want others to be healthy and active. Therefore you are correct. If my spouse was overweight and out of shape, that would be a turn off. If someone can't keep up to me, I probably wouldn't have given them a chance. If someone could out do me, it makes me want to step it up.
    Well said!
    I am thankful every day for being equally yoked with a lady who shares my values when it comes to health and fitness. I'd be gone otherwise, and she'd boot out that guy laying before the TV with the dad bod... :*

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

It was my original motivation for lifting weights back when I was 17.

I wanted to get the girl. I wanted her so very much.

Did I get her?

No.

I got something much better though.

A life long love affair with exercise...
  • borimodel543
    borimodel543 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome all of you, see is weird because, I get hit on but always the one I like is very hard to get , is like some freaking luck or something, I have got hit by very hotties but I rejected them because I'm the pass they were little fat , now there not , I'm like I get it I rejected some people because they weren't fit and I wasn't that fit anyways now I get it if you want someone fir you have to be fit because that's what they look for , but in the end is not about your body is about the heart there is were the challenge begins since almost the whole world is very different from each other
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that I've never lost weight with the thought of landing a man in mind. I wasn't overly skinny (okay, I was a little soft) when I met my now husband. He liked me just the way I was. Now that we're married and have 2 kids, part of my motivation is to look good for him and I don't want to be the fat mom who drops her kids off at school.

But whether I'm 170 or 200 he still loves me for me. Which is pretty awesome.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and married...I workout so I don't die
  • borimodel543
    Options
    Lol that's awesome !! But we all wanna look sexy for that special someone lol
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't exercise to find love, but after my experience of dating a couch potato who didn't like it when I got fitter instead of fatter because I was happy, I decided not to date anyone who didn't exercise regularly, and that has worked out well for me! Men who exercise are nicer people, and more fun to date.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

This guy has it figured out....I'm in his boat...well that and I'm vein...
  • borimodel543
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I don't exercise to find love, but after my experience of dating a couch potato who didn't like it when I got fitter instead of fatter because I was happy, I decided not to date anyone who didn't exercise regularly, and that has worked out well for me! Men who exercise are nicer people, and more fun to date.

Lol yeah we are and not so Lacey and better at other things lol
  • borimodel543
    Options

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

Yes, men who are fit are better at some very important things!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Hornsby wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

This guy has it figured out....I'm in his boat...well that and I'm vein...

Same here.

Phlebotomists love me.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I've never gone on a diet or exercised to find love. I've also not had problems finding guys, being overweight.
    I will say that being with my dude has encouraged me to lose weight and stay on track because he is pretty fit and is a great motivator. But he was with me when I was 230+ pounds, so I didn't have to lose weight to find him.