How often do you check your new weight in

Options
I weigh myself everyday just to get it into a trendline to remove the blips and water weight errors. I've seen consistent 0.2 lb weight loss for the last week and a half.

At what point should I log it in as my new check-in weight? I try and be conservative (so I lag behind in my MFP check in weight like a week or two) in order to not falsely get the loss numbers. I like to know that it is real progress. Your thoughts?

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I log my weight here every day, as well as in a spreadsheet with a trendline. I've turned off the News Feed notification for my weigh-ins so my New Feed isn't showing a loss every other day or so.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I usually don't weigh daily. However, when I can weigh 3 separate days and get a similar reading, I'll change my MFP weight to the highest of those 3 readings. Like today, I weighed in at 196, Tuesday it was 197. My MFP weight is 199. When I weigh again next Tuesday-ish, if it agrees with either of those numbers, I'll log the higher one. If it doesn't, it stays the same.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i only weigh once a week so that is when i log my weight
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I log my weight here everyday.

I take a weekly average of my weight and track that in a separate spreadsheet. The average weight is what I use to look for trends.
  • anneeett
    anneeett Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I used to weigh in every week, but at the beginning of this month I decided to change it to once a month, which gives me a lot more peace of mind :smile:
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    About once a month. I do track it daily on the happy weight app.
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I log it here once a week.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I've only recently started logging on here after a lengthy lay off but I'll be weighing myself monthly. It's all about preference but don't get obsessed by the scales just keep doing your thing!
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I usually weight myself.. about 3 times a week to see trends... but only log it once a week... log it every Friday.. that way I can enjoy my weekend and then hit it hard during the week to make up for the weekend...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    I log my weight here every day, as well as in a spreadsheet with a trendline. I've turned off the News Feed notification for my weigh-ins so my New Feed isn't showing a loss every other day or so.
    how do you do that @_benjammin
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    _benjammin wrote: »
    how do you do that @_benjammin
    On a computer, from "My Home" in "Settings" there's an "Automatic News Feed Update Settings". There's a bunch of items you can check or un-check for your feed. Not sure how or if you can do it using the app.

• AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every morning. I don't take it too seriously since I know it fluctuates. But I've noticed it usually only differs by .2 or .4 lbs so I get a kick out of guessing what it will be each morning.

If I hit a new low weight I wait until I hit it 2 or 3 more times before I actually log it.
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week but sometimes twice a week if it hasn't been a good week for me. But I think once you get in tune with your body, you don't need to weigh that often. For me, I can feel when I have gained weight or when my stomach feels more bloated than usual. That's my cue to drink more water and hit the gym more.

Some say its best to weigh daily but I have tried that and nearly went insane, seeing my weight go up 2lbs one minute and then back down the next.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I weigh sporadically during the week, I only log when I see a substantial loss, which means at this point, only every other week or so.
  • katiegud
    katiegud Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but record on either Friday or Saturday depending on if I'm around for the weekend. My calories don't actually change because I'm already on 1200, so it doesn't really matter for anything other than my own tracking.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but record my weight on a spreadsheet on Wednesdays. Whenever I hit a new low that goes on here just as a record, so that may be twice in a week or once a month...
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and log it to Fitbit for TrendWeight. Fitbit sends it to MFP I think...
  • bellesb169
    bellesb169 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started every few days but as of last week I decided to change it to every two weeks.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I log each new low onl my calendar. I log on MFP when I weigh in with my trainer every 1-2 weeks. His weight is always +2-3 lbs because it occurs later in the day and there is a slight variation between our scales.
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    About once a month. I do track it daily on the happy weight app.

I love that app... It's so simple and I love the predictions