• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    A mile and a half away and $15 a month
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I love that there are very few people that go at 5 a.m. when I do :smiley:

+1
    Seeing hard working peeps at the gym motivates me to work harder. Love that about my gym. My gym always invests in a lot of new equipment every year.

My gym charges me for new equipment every year. I don't use them...
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    I train at Paramount Sports Complex.
    I enjoy the variety of available possibilities. They have a rock wall, full weight room, cardio theater, resistance circuit, gymnastic area, martial arts room, aerobic room, full gymnasium, trampolines and fitness staff to address every need.

very cool, I want to try a rock wall!
    The rock wall is cool, and there is one night out of the week where people show up just for that. You get strapped up for safety, then climb your heart away with no fear of falling. .

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 612 Member
    convenient locations for work and home
  • missg6984
    missg6984 Posts: 12 Member
    I dig that mine is 24/7 and ladies only, so generally the squat rack Ana free weights are always free!!!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    "Family fitness center" has lifting platform and bumper plates 2 power racks that would be at home in an NFL weight room, couple squat racks, 25 yd turf strip and a Prowler Sled.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Childcare. And it's actually really great childcare. Like I've had this girl babysit my lo at my house. So that was huge for me. Having good dependable people take good care of my child so that I don't have to worry about her. Also I love the classes and I generally don't have to wait for a squat rack (there are only 2).
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    I love the Y here! They have all the Les mills classes, alot of events and programs you can participate in and best thing of all they watch my kiddo while I workout. Just an amazing gym
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited August 2015
    I am starting to not love my gym at all. The only things going for it are that it's super duper close and open 24/7, and the staff are friendly (say hello every time I go in, etc). Being able to walk there in 5 minutes is amazing for my consistency - I have zero excuses and definitely go more often than I've gone to other gyms even just 15 mins away, rain, blizzard, whatever.

I used to think it was a small gym with some limitations, but adequate, and mostly clean. But now:

- Very few spray bottles and little expectation from staff that people actually use them. It was cleaner initially. Now the bins near the spray bottles are sometimes just not even there, and 2/4 paper towel dispensers are broken or empty most of the time
    - No step machine, only 2 bikes. I knew this before, but there were fewer people before.
    - Almost completely full of rude bros, who sometimes leave nasty stuff in the two small co-ed bathrooms, and don't care about hiding it.
    - Also, people keep stealing the liquid soap. There are no spray deodorizers in those (sometimes totally rank) (also, again, coed bathrooms). I usually hate chemically smells, but it is goaty in there sometimes.
    - There were more women at some point, but I think a lot of them have left. It's been getting pretty gross lately, overall.
    - It's not even that cheap ($55/mo).

There's another gym maybe 30 seconds down the road, and it's less RAWR/dirty, but it shuts at 10.

I really like the option of working out between 10pm and 12am, though (I don't often go later than that), like that is very often perfect for me. Hard to decide :/
    missg6984 wrote: »
    I dig that mine is 24/7 and ladies only, so generally the squat rack Ana free weights are always free!!!

I need this gym
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Close by and the fact its 24/7. That means I get to go at times that suit me and I can take my time. I cna also nip home have a rest and then go back to finish off. Good range of equipment and no real waiting. No contract.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I train at Paramount Sports Complex.
    I enjoy the variety of available possibilities. They have a rock wall, full weight room, cardio theater, resistance circuit, gymnastic area, martial arts room, aerobic room, full gymnasium, trampolines and fitness staff to address every need.

I pay $20 per month with no contract.
    I LOVE IT!
    4hkiyty4csor.jpg
    d36a57cc8b681cc6c6734780b259f09c.jpg
  • natlierees
    natlierees Posts: 31 Member
    It's quiet and no one bothers you, everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. It's close to work and cheap £16 a month. It's got loads of equipment and a tabata spin class :)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited August 2015
    chubbard9 wrote: »
    I go to Planet Fitness, and while I am against so many of their selling points(pizza, bagels, free tanning, etc.) ...

A Gym that sells Pizza???
    Wow. Lol
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    I love my gym. Been going there for 3-4 years now, and although it is twice the price of some of the other options nearby, I love it because it's small, has a great variety of equipment, and runs loads of classes. A real mix of people go there so I've never felt uncomfortable.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Included in my membership I get access to the gym, outdoor obstacle course, indoor water park, swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and a relaxation area with tanning beds and all that jazz. All this for about 2/3 of the price of a regular gym.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    right now nothing

• chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    chubbard9 wrote: »
    I go to Planet Fitness, and while I am against so many of their selling points(pizza, bagels, free tanning, etc.) ...

A Gym that sells Pizza???
    Wow. Lol

They don't even sell it, they give it out the first Monday of the month... Or something like that! I'm not even sure why, really! Every franchise of theirs does it, I think!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    :p ...lol
    d36a57cc8b681cc6c6734780b259f09c.jpg[/quote]

• RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    24 hour, huge range of cardio machines, 'cinema' studio for huge range of dvd style workouts, and a huge free weights section with trainers checking in often and correcting peep's form for free. Also lovely and clean. Oh, and LOVE the righteous feeling of walking out, eating the free fruit the gym provides (awesome!) and passing the McDonalds and KFC drive through's that are on the ground level with all the peeps getting their extra large Macs!
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Sorry about all the 'huge's!