What does your work out schedule look like?

Options
Just curious if all of you are gym-goers for your main source of physical activity or not.

Right now I'm slowly getting in to running, and going to try and pick up recreational tennis.
I've considered picking up pole dancing as well, but haven't committed yet.
At the moment my goal is to work out 2-3 times a week, which isn't much I know, but I'll slowly increase it. Figuring out a schedule that works for me is key.

Replies

• Rep4Him
    Rep4Him Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Push/Pull/Legs... Repeat
  • blong74
    blong74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to run and bike but I also follow this weekly home workout schedule. Each session is 30 minutes each:

Monday: Plyometrics
    Tuesday: Upper body weights
    Wednesday: Pilates/Yoga/Piyo
    Thursday: Lower body weights
    Friday: Cardio with weights
    Saturday: Full body weights
    Sunday: Pilates/Yoga/Piyo

I have a friend that does the pole fitness and loves it. I also have friends that swear that Zumba is the best. You just have to find activities that you enjoy and you'll want to do often.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Saturday _ body combat
    Sunday _ body combat
    Monday body combat
    Tuesday rest
    Wednesday zumba
    Thursday body combst
    Friday rest lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I run 3 x a week, and need to add in some strength training and yoga but I'm lazy!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    No gyms.

Wake up, pee, weigh, feed cat, take pill, swim. Shower, eat, walk to store, walk home. Every day (if it doesn't rain.)

It's my routine. It's what I do. Sometimes there is more, but there is always that. :)
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Running running running and more running seems to be my routine right now (5-6 days a week). Followed up with lots of walking. And stronglifts 5X5 2-3 times a week.
    Having my fitbit synced to mfp really encourages one to get out there and do stupid amounts of running and walking, plus I'm getting ready for my tough mudder (half marathon obstacle course) is about 3 weeks time.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I am a varied creature.

In the nice months ( April to September) I no longer do any structured work, functional fitness is my way of life.

In the winter; aqua fit and nerdfitness are my staples, but I also throw in the never ending swimming lessons, I so badly want to but can't coordinate, women on weights, Zumba, belly dancing, core fitness and stability, and a few rounds of hand weights in the gym.

My main goals are to stay mobile, well balanced, and strong, without it taking over my life.

Cheers, h.
  • mlz1413
    mlz1413 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a dog so walk morning and evening around my 8-5 job. I downloaded map my walk so it syncs to MFP. I want to do a workout a week but can't bear to miss what little Sun is left at the end of the day so have decided to start this in a couple of months.
    But I'm feeling a bit lazy now I've read what some of you are doing!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Invisible right now.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Move, step, jog, run, lift, squat. Eat, log, sleep. Repeat by x7 day's a week. :smile:
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mon/Thurs- leg day, abs, and 45 mins of cardio

Tues/Fri- arm day, and 45 mins of cardio

Wed/Saturday- rest day. Always keep the sabbath.

I'm usually at the gym for 2 hours on my workout days. I don't throw the weights around or swing them wildly. I focus on technique and form.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,934 Member
    Options
    I walk (briskly of course) or hike as much as I can ... it usually ends up being about 20-25 km/week.

I cycle as much as I can. This varies widely.

And I throw in a few other things now and then. I've been sea kayaking and snowshoeing in the last couple months.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I'm sick right now so haven't done much lately. But I was swimming, circuit training, doing some strength training and some weights. Also a bit of the elliptical.
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Monday: abs class, body combat, boxercise
    Tuesday: 40m elliptical, 20m rower, 30m weight machines
    Wednesday: abs class, cardio and weights as above
    Thursday: body combat
    Friday: same as Tuesday
    Saturday: boxercise, body combat
    Sunday: rest

Some of those days I'll also do a half hour swim, but depends on my mood so varies days
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No gym. No schedule.
    I try to do something for 30 minutes 5-6 days a week.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Monday-Friday morning ~4 mile walk
    Mon-Thursday morning 36 min calisthenics (you are your own gym)
    Mon-Friday evening ~4 mile walk
    Saturday morning 1 mile walk, 3-4 mile jog 10'24" pace
    92152203.png
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weekday mornings: yoga
    Tuesday/Thursday: a 3-4.5 mile walk, depending on if I have other plans for the day
    Wednesday/Friday/Sunday: SL 5x5
    Then I want to do some HIIT on either Mondays or Saturdays, but they both tend to end up as rest days
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I don't have a schedule, but I need one! The Y offers various classes that I decide to participate in, but something always gets in the way. Usually, I walk my dog a mile or two a day, get two or three miles on the treadmill, and maybe some on my stationary bike. If I would put the classes on my schedule, maybe it would get done!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Sunday: Walk eight miles.
    Monday: Run three miles (working toward 10K), walk five miles, upper body lifting.
    Tuesday: Walk eight miles, lower body lifting.
    Wednesday: Walk eight miles.
    Thursday: Run three miles (working toward 10K), walk five miles, upper body lifting.
    Friday: Walk eight miles, lower body lifting.
    Saturday: Run three miles (working toward 10K), walk five miles.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I follow this schedule as much as I can:

Monday: 30 day shred + run, elliptical or swim (depending on the weather)
    Tuesday: 30DS + run, elliptical or swim
    Wednesday: 30DS + run, elliptical or swim
    Thursday: Sort of rest day, no 30DS just light cardio
    Friday: 30DS
    Saturday: 30DS
    Sunday: 30DS + run, elliptical or swim