Need to loose 147lb

Options
Vixxie75
Vixxie75 Posts: 51 Member
I'm 346lb and desperate to loose it. I've used the excuse that my mobility is bad but I can't keep doing that. I've managed to build my strength up so I'm able to walk 1.7k in 40 mins with my walking frame thanks to the 'encouragement' of my dog! I've got a long way to go and I'm feeling very alone. I've got friends who support me but they are all fit and thin so don't get it!

If any one wants to add me please do. I'm hoping this will help me to see where I'm going wrong so I can put it right and a bit of help and support is always a good thing!

Replies

• Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I may be "fit and thin" now but I lost around 140lbs to get here. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    Thank you. I've been snooping around reading different bits, I'll read those too, Thanks Queenliz99

Will do Azurite27. Can I ask how you did it?
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    At first I underate a big, unintentionally. After that I learned to log accurately, focused on my macros and fiber to find what foods help me feel full since I've always had problems with hunger, and got my thyroid regulated. Exercise-wise I learned and focused on what I "could" do rather than what I couldn't, as I also have physical issues related to scoliosis and a short leg.
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    I'm slowly learning to look at what I can rather than can't do. For years I've been told I can't and shouldn't. Now I'm looking at what I can and should do and not listening to the negatives.

I'm starting to get there with food. I used to think the size of them meal mattered but now I'm seeing it's whats on it that is important. No point having a big meal then feeling hungry afterwards.
  • Chifladita
    Chifladita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is my second day on changing my lifestyle as well. I weigh 313lbs. I am looking for support as well or people I can walk with to loose the weight. Please feel free to add me and I would like to loose 200lbs
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    Hiya Chifladita. Great, the more the merrier!
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    Not that I know of. Problem here is it depends on where you live. My friend lives in the next county and gets free swimming, gym and physio. Here I have to pay a fortune. I'm walking and trying to build up my speed so I'm Burning off more but it's taking time.