eating between 200-500 calories

Options
124»

Replies

• Louisa1979
    Louisa1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I pray your 'friend' might know how much she is loved by God and is worth far more than what she weighs.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This was definitely a troll thread, and look at what it did... made everyone fight! Gah! Typical MFP style!
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    "she" wont lose any. It doesn't work that way.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Wait she has a tummy bug & most of you are saying she is going to pass out? Hello but a tummy bug usually means you cant keep anything down anyway & therefore MAKING a person eat is not going to be great for the person.

Shame on some of you. Eating is most likely the LAST thing this 'friend' can do without vomiting it all back up right away & making it very unpleasant.

Shame on the OP as well... seriously. Being sick & all you can think of is her stomach shrinking?????? Huh?

Ummm if you read the OP's profile she has an ED and her "friend" is most likely her....that is why everyone is telling her "friend" to eat more...Maybe you should read some of the posts before you blast everyone..

I actually read the posts..... why do you think I said shame one some of you? Really. As for your comment "and her "friend" is most likely her." then well MOST LIKELY is not proof it is.

Perhaps before you jump the gun...prove it.

Also to all those as far as you claiming it's the OP...... ummmm ONE meal & your dying to scream ED? I know I got told I had a ED when I'd only logged one meal so far that day....lunch. Sorry but that oes not scream ED when the day beforehand is over 1400 cals for the whole day.

FFS....some people are just racing to the ED decision.

Her profile says "i have an eating disorder and i go through pain everyday." Not much racing needed in this case.

And then if you ha seen the diary before it was locked.... well let me say...she eats more than I do & I don't have an ED. Enough said.

So the op says in her profile she has an ED and you don't believe that but her diary shows her 1400 calories the day before and you choose to believe that. So the OP lies in her profile but logs accurately?

She also isnt perhaps having binge days followex by low days/normal days followed by low days? She couldn't be in recovery with slip ups? It is more likely to you that a girl claiming an ED is lying, logs accurately, and happens to have a sick friend eating 500 calories right now? Oh, and is more worried about said friend's weight than health.

You...yeah, you...ENOUGH WITH YOUR LOGIC! We don't do logic in this part of town :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Wait she has a tummy bug & most of you are saying she is going to pass out? Hello but a tummy bug usually means you cant keep anything down anyway & therefore MAKING a person eat is not going to be great for the person.

Shame on some of you. Eating is most likely the LAST thing this 'friend' can do without vomiting it all back up right away & making it very unpleasant.

Shame on the OP as well... seriously. Being sick & all you can think of is her stomach shrinking?????? Huh?

Ummm if you read the OP's profile she has an ED and her "friend" is most likely her....that is why everyone is telling her "friend" to eat more...Maybe you should read some of the posts before you blast everyone..

I actually read the posts..... why do you think I said shame one some of you? Really. As for your comment "and her "friend" is most likely her." then well MOST LIKELY is not proof it is.

Also to all those as far as you claiming it's the OP...... ummmm ONE meal & your dying to scream ED? I know I got told I had a ED when I'd only logged one meal so far that day....lunch. Sorry but that oes not scream ED when the day beforehand is over 1400 cals for the whole day.

Her profile says "i have an eating disorder and i go through pain everyday." Not much racing needed in this case.

And then if you ha seen the diary before it was locked.... well let me say...she eats more than I do & I don't have an ED. Enough said.

So the op says in her profile she has an ED and you don't believe that but her diary shows her 1400 calories the day before and you choose to believe that. So the OP lies in her profile but logs accurately?

She also isnt perhaps having binge days followex by low days/normal days followed by low days? She couldn't be in recovery with slip ups? It is more likely to you that a girl claiming an ED is lying, logs accurately, and happens to have a sick friend eating 500 calories right now?

It was more than one day I'd seen. The OP had logged LUNCH so far on her diary & that was all people had looked at.... it was 196 cals so far eaten BY lunch time. I eat 140 for lunch on sushi days.... does that mean by lunchtime I have an ED as well????? Bloody hell.

So you do believe the OP is a liar in her profile but accurate in her diary?

So you think shes lying in her diary, truthful in her profile & then lying on this post as well? There is nothing to say EVERYONE on here is the same then. I give up.... just as bad.

I had a 900 and then a 1100 calorie day (was depressed, slept all day) logged it as 1400 so no one on my friend's list would ask, then changed it back a few days later. Lying in ones diary to not worry people/be judged isn't uncommon, nor is referencing a friend in a low cal post to, again, avoid judgement.

And finally you arent the OP, no one cares what you eat. Sheesh.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

She also isnt perhaps having binge days followex by low days/normal days followed by low days? She couldn't be in recovery with slip ups? It is more likely to you that a girl claiming an ED is lying, logs accurately, and happens to have a sick friend eating 500 calories right now?

It was more than one day I'd seen. The OP had logged LUNCH so far on her diary & that was all people had looked at.... it was 196 cals so far eaten BY lunch time. I eat 140 for lunch on sushi days.... does that mean by lunchtime I have an ED as well????? Bloody hell.

If you said in your profile that "I have an ED" then yes, that might be an indicator..
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My sister DIED at age 14 after eating at that calorie level for a prolonged period. Just putting that out there.

IF a person is sick and is concerned about being able to keep more food down to get calories in, then I'd recommend canned peaches in heavy syrup. Start out with a few sips of the syrup and work your way up to the peaches. This is what my pediatrician advised when my kids were little and they'd get a tummy bug. That syrup really helped!
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please go to the pharmacy right now and buy her something (e.g. Hydralyte, Gastrolyte) with electrolytes in it. They should have it as liquid, icy poles (popsicles, whatever you want to call them) and as a powder/effervescent tablet to mix with water. Even a sports drink would help. The biggest risk to her is getting dehydrated so she absolutely needs to keep her fluids and electrolytes up!
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If only I could handle only having 200-500 calories per day... I eat over six times that much per day... I currently weigh 178 lbs and I wear size 32 inch jeans but, I sometimes feel very fat!!!!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Any weight that gets lost will be water weight. I also lost about 6 lbs recently while sick and it came back over a week or so. Her stomach won't shrink in any significant way, she will be able to eat again when she isn't ill. I hope your friend is successful with gaining the weight she wants to gain, but she can worry about that when she is done being ill. Does your friend have a doctor helping her with her weight gain? That doc would be a good person to call right now.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    thank you but how much weight will she lose each day or two days?

That's seriously the only thing you're concerned with?

Wow.:noway:

I was thinking same thing ....two options..

1. This is troll thread...
    2. OP's "friend" is really just her....

I'm going to jump to the same conclusions based on the avatar.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If your "friend" can't keep food down, I'd suggest having a spoonful or two of the juice that is in canned peaches or pears. The thick juice in the canned peaches helps to coat the lining in your stomach so that it settles down enough for you to eat. I had a friend who was horribly sick and couldn't eat for a couple of days and was miserable. This helped her finally eat again. She was so happy, she celebrated by going to Olive Garden and eating a ton. lol

It's important to eat at least 1200 calories a day. I was in the hospital once following a leg injury and didn't have the energy (too tired from the pain meds and injury) to eat enough while I was there. Lost weight, but I was extremely exhausted and it made recovery harder. Once I got home and back to a normal schedule I gained it all back. Chances are if your friend really does have a problem, she'll gain it all back once she goes back to normal eating, so I wouldn't worry about any permanent weight loss. It'll most likely be water weight.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The main point is getting in fluids to keep you hydrated. If you...sorry...her...can manage it, try some dry toast.
    Yes, generally if you have a stomach bug fluids and electrolites are first priority. Try gingerale with real ginger as it can help your stomach and sometimes coke works for me as well (something about the carbonation). And as soon as you can eat again, try some crackers and then eat normally or more than normal (since I'm not sure what your normal intake is/ED, etc.)

If you have any worries beyond that, go to the doctor.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Lying in ones diary to not worry people/be judged isn't uncommon
    That's interesting. I don't think I've ever lied on mine, but I do have days where I don't post everything. Generally if I've skipped a whole meal (as opposed to a square of chocolate or cheese at the grocery store) I just don't complete my diary.
  • whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    Options
    does she want to die?
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    how much weight will she lose within a few days if she eats 200-500 calories a day

WTH_Prince.gif
This discussion has been closed.