Having a hard time.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    I'm pretty simplistic. A few years ago I lost 20# in 3 months to get to my "perfect" weight. I just refused to plateau and cut my calories whenever I did. It worked fine, and I lost the weight. My problem was maintaining. So, now I'm trying a slower approach. I'd cut your calories by 100 and you'll lose more and not "suffer" much. Hang in there. You're maintaining, and just need to cut the calories a little.
  • cpoty11
    cpoty11 Posts: 8 Member
    I've been doing p90x3 workouts as well. I've lost three pounds only, but over a dozen inches. My body looks completely different. There is a p90x3 facebook group I belong to and this is a very common problem for a lot of people who are doing the program. They drop inches quick but very slow on the scale. P90x is a lot of strength training. Maybe your BMR is lower than you think and you're gaining muscle too. Or maybe you have to increase because I think the p90x guide says somwhere from 1600-1800 during the program. Who knows, I would trial and error With your calories until you find what works for you.
  • ANT98
    ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
    cpoty11 wrote: »
    I've been doing p90x3 workouts as well. I've lost three pounds only, but over a dozen inches. My body looks completely different. There is a p90x3 facebook group I belong to and this is a very common problem for a lot of people who are doing the program. They drop inches quick but very slow on the scale. P90x is a lot of strength training. Maybe your BMR is lower than you think and you're gaining muscle too. Or maybe you have to increase because I think the p90x guide says somwhere from 1600-1800 during the program. Who knows, I would trial and error With your calories until you find what works for you.

okay, that helps. I guess I could be losing inches! It just feels like it should reflect on the scale too so I can adjust calories haha
  • ryanflebbe
    ryanflebbe Posts: 188 Member
    cpoty11 wrote: »

This is a good point. I wouldn't have thought this would be the case, because it's hard to build muscle, especially with a calorie deficit. People don't always notice their body changing because they see it all the time. Do you have a picture from before that you can compare to one you can take now? Not to post, for you,let you see yourself more accurately. Maybe you will have a realization. At least you have a few options and ideas now.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    can you open your diary, there might be some tell tale signs in there?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Hi I did the same thing when I started trying to lose weight over a year ago now. It was without this app but I was going to the gym nearly 5 days a week doing a hour each time. But my weight just stayed the same. Keep with it you will get there. Try not to eat your extra calories you burn. But if you have to it's ok. Fat does not turn into muscle it comes out in oxygen and when you go to the toilet. Keep at it Hun we are all behind you. Xx

Actually, it comes out as carbon dioxide when we exhale.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    fiddletime wrote: »
    .... a slower approach. I'd cut your calories by 100 and you'll lose more and not "suffer" much. Hang in there. You're maintaining, and just need to cut the calories a little.

^^ this :smile:
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Hi I did the same thing when I started trying to lose weight over a year ago now. It was without this app but I was going to the gym nearly 5 days a week doing a hour each time. But my weight just stayed the same. Keep with it you will get there. Try not to eat your extra calories you burn. But if you have to it's ok. Fat does not turn into muscle it comes out in oxygen and when you go to the toilet. Keep at it Hun we are all behind you. Xx

Actually, it comes out as carbon dioxide when we exhale.
    Yes couldn't remember which one it was x
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2015
    And yet another poster who completely ignores all the posts asking her how she's sure of her calorie intake and whether she's actually weighing her food...

Clearly it can't be that she's eating too much. Must be the exercise, of course.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    If you're not losing as quickly as you'd like, you're not in as big a deficit as you need to be. Your exercise burns look exaggerated. No idea if you're really eating 1500.
  • ANT98
    If you're not losing as quickly as you'd like, you're not in as big a deficit as you need to be. Your exercise burns look exaggerated. No idea if you're really eating 1500.

Isn't it 1.2 times bmr for sedentary tdee and add on calories burned through exercise? Which gives me roughly 2100
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Can you open your diary?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    alexxazt wrote: »

Isn't it 1.2 times bmr for sedentary tdee and add on calories burned through exercise? Which gives me roughly 2100

yeah, but I would only "eat back" maybe half of the added exercise calories. So if your BMR is estimated at 1300, you'd eat 1560 plus a max of half your exercise calories.
  • ANT98
    WBB55 wrote: »

yeah, but I would only "eat back" maybe half of the added exercise calories. So if your BMR is estimated at 1300, you'd eat 1560 plus a max of half your exercise calories.

But I'm not eating any exercise calories back? O.o is that bad or good? I burn 300 a workout. I eat my bmr (~1450). Is this wrong?
  • captgalactic
    captgalactic Posts: 11 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    And yet another poster who completely ignores all the posts asking her how she's sure of her calorie intake and whether she's actually weighing her food...

Clearly it can't be that she's eating too much. Must be the exercise, of course.

Reread her original post...she addressed that in there.
  • ryanflebbe
    ryanflebbe Posts: 188 Member
    Just keep it at 1500. Try to minimize the 100-200 over days. Your diet looks good, you have tightened it up the last few days. Keep that up, and keep exercising hard. You don't have any medical issues that would effect all of this, do you?
  • Liftng4Lis
    I looked at 5 days. Three you were over, one wasn't logged. Tighten up your logging. Where are you logging exercise?
  • ANT98
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I looked at 5 days. Three you were over, one wasn't logged. Tighten up your logging. Where are you logging exercise?

I don't log the exercise, only the food. Is it best to log exercise too? Am I supposed to have a certain net goal?
  • Liftng4Lis

I don't log the exercise, only the food. Is it best to log exercise too? Am I supposed to have a certain net goal?

No, if you're following TDEE, then you wouldn't log it. I didn't read all the answers, so I'll assume you're doing this?
  • ANT98

No, if you're following TDEE, then you wouldn't log it. I didn't read all the answers, so I'll assume you're doing this?

Oh okay that's fine. So I'll just try to tighten it up a bit more then