Popcorn spices

Options
2»

Replies

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    By the way New Orleans isn't cajun its creole. They can cook cajun stuff in New Orleans but it is known for Creole cooking people often get it confused. Lafayette and the surrounding area's are cajun country. Tony Chachere's is made in Opelousas, LA, a town about 10 miles from Lafayette.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    steak spice
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Check out these, they are amazeballs!

https://www.kernelseasons.com/shop/6-popcorn-seasonings

Yes, these! :) Tasty and next to nothing for calories.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Take a kernels seasoning the sweet one
    Add cinnamon and cookie spices...about 2 tsp of each and yummmmmmm
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've been bringing air popped popcorn to work as an afternoon snack too, OP!

So this won't work for us in that regard, but I saw Giada make this pizza popcorn on her show this weekend. I'm not sure how I feel about it. She put butter, garlic & sundried tomatoes in the food processor, then melted it on the stovetop & poured it over her popcorn. Then she topped it with parmesan & a sprinkle of oregano. I don't like raw garlic much, so it would have to simmer a little bit. It sounds good, but also like a lot of work when just melted butter is yummy enough.
    GH0701_Pizza-Popcorn_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Check out these, they are amazeballs!

https://www.kernelseasons.com/shop/6-popcorn-seasonings

Yes, these! :) Tasty and next to nothing for calories.

Ermahgerd, sour cream & onion. I've only ever seen the butter & maybe the cheddar in stores. Shut up and take my money.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    BWBTrish wrote: »
    Take a kernels seasoning the sweet one
    Add cinnamon and cookie spices...about 2 tsp of each and yummmmmmm

Ooooooh!

I have the Kettle Corn one in the cupboard....I haven't tried on popcorn yet. This sounds great!

Small mid-west grocery chain Woodman's has several Kernel's flavors
  • paddles34
    paddles34 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I make pop corn the old school way.. on the stove top. I put about 2 tbls of oil in a sauce pan and season the oil. Then, put in about 1/4 cup of pop corn. The pop corn gets seasoned as I shake the pan in the oil while it pops. Every kernel gets seasoned this way. And you don't have to worry about the seasoning falling off!
  • TeaBea
    edited August 2015
    Options
    paddles34 wrote: »
    I make pop corn the old school way.. on the stove top. I put about 2 tbls of oil in a sauce pan and season the oil. Then, put in about 1/4 cup of pop corn. The pop corn gets seasoned as I shake the pan in the oil while it pops. Every kernel gets seasoned this way. And you don't have to worry about the seasoning falling off!

This^

I use a microwave bowl with a little bit of oil (1-2 teaspoons). Adding moisture to the corn helps the seasoning stick.

I find that air popped corn typically has to be sprayed with something to get the seasonings to stick. Butter flavored Pam adds a nasty aerosol flavor....I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray (refrigerated section) tastes more natural to me.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I like to add some garam masala to mine.
  • teener501
    teener501 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Currently obsessed with putting Flavor God pizza seasoning on my popcorn. So good!
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Chili powder and cumin 50/50 makes a wonderful seasoning. I also like the Cajun spice or Brown sugar and cinnamon.

I do Chile and cumin and spray lime juice.
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ranch seasoning
    Not the one with msg. I get one from costco. Spray EVOO from a mist sprayer
  • xBijinx
    xBijinx Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like onion and garlic powders. Sometimes I used the white cheddar popcorn seasoning and cracked black pepper
  • debrakay001
    debrakay001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    `````````````
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I used curry powder this weekend and it was pretty good.
  • TeaBea
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I tried the Kernel's Kettlecorn seasoning with cinnamon.....yum. The seasoning by itself was way too bland.

Do-it yourself ......popcorn salt (very fine) + bar sugar (again it's a fine grain) + cinnamon.