Coffee Creamer

Options
13»

Replies

• metamorphosis321
    metamorphosis321 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use one coffee-mate nondairy creamer tub & a packet of sugar. No more than 20 to 30 calories & I have about 3 cups a day.
  • stacys29
    stacys29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    KiwiAlexP wrote: »
    As a non-American, can someone please tell me what coffee creamer is? I've only ever used milk in my coffee

Coffee creamer is a cream (thick milk) that goes into coffee to flavor it. It is really good but can kill your calorie intake if not very careful.

• Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    stacys29 wrote: »
    KiwiAlexP wrote: »
    As a non-American, can someone please tell me what coffee creamer is? I've only ever used milk in my coffee

Coffee creamer is a cream (thick milk) that goes into coffee to flavor it. It is really good but can kill your calorie intake if not very careful.

Is it like condensed milk? It doesn't sound very appealing!

I nth the suggestions to just use regular milk/soy milk instead. Or drink hot tea with milk!
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    This is coffee. Cut your calories elsewhere.

Yeah, that. lol. I use one of the International Delights creamers -- Sweet Cream is our choice at the moment, but I also like French Vanilla or Caramel Macchiato. And of course Pumpkin Spice Latte in the fall. And Peppermint Mocha in the winter! aaaahh.....

Nope, not messing with my coffee. I've tried some of the alternatives, but I hate the taste of artificial sweetener in my coffee and fat-free anything (in coffee) is yucky. We drink skim milk here at home, but not in coffee. -- And no, there's no added sugar in skim milk, for whoever asked that.
  • cpoty11
    cpoty11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you are drinking a good coffee, you don't need much cream or sugar.

I always use cream. More fat but less sugar. One serving is only 30 cal. You must be using too much for it to be throwing things off...
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I use 2.5 Tbs of Coffeemate original liquid creamer and I'm not willing to negotiate that. Total calories for that amount of creamer is 50. I've lost weight consistently even with using the creamer.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    Coffee Mate isn't too bad :)

Yep, I just use a tsp of Coffee Mate (it's pretty much the only coffee creamer we can get in UK). It may be a case of slowly reducing the amount you use to save some calories, but no need to eliminate it entirely.