Replies

• 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    trans fats
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sucralose, I have a self diagnosed allergy to it and they put that s*** in everything now. As of last week, I can no longer have anything diet made by Pepsico. :(

Oh my gosh it's not just me!! I was reading how bad that stuff is for you, and so I completely cut out any of it...now it immediately makes me nauseous and a whole bar or drink now gives me diarrhea SO I'm with you on that. Why does it have to be EVERYWHERE????
  • irishdancer214
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Dairy Queen soft serve and anything that contains it. Makes me violently ill - or at least it did when I was in college. I haven't had any after the 3rd try when it was absolutely clear that it was in fact the Dairy Queen that was the problem. And a single bite was too much.

Anything else is up for debate. Tastes change over time, and things I hate on their own can be delicious (or at least tolerable) cooked in different ways.

Sounds like there was an issue at the Dairy Queen! Yuck!
  • irishdancer214
    Options
    White bread and stuff like that...I will avoid it at all costs. Now if I'm going to eat a world famous sandwich at a world famous restaurant THEN an exception could be made :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Carbs in general for health reasons.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Dairy Queen soft serve and anything that contains it. Makes me violently ill - or at least it did when I was in college. I haven't had any after the 3rd try when it was absolutely clear that it was in fact the Dairy Queen that was the problem. And a single bite was too much.

Anything else is up for debate. Tastes change over time, and things I hate on their own can be delicious (or at least tolerable) cooked in different ways.

Sounds like there was an issue at the Dairy Queen! Yuck!

No - it was different restaurants and different products (blizzard, Dilly Bar, dipped cone). It must be an ingredient in the ice cream that I can't tolerate.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    All the ones that I'm allergic to. There are also some I avoid because they give me other kinds of unpleasant reaction. For example I am not technically allergic to tomatoes (in the sense of immune activation), but if I have them outside the context of a sauce (in which they've been totally over-cooked), they upset my stomach.

add: ok, I thought of a couple for texture reasons--okra, and nopales.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Dinosaurs. I will never eat a dinosaur for the rest of my life.

Yes. "tastes like chicken" my *kitten*
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    McDonald's----bleh!

Seconded.
    Also, alcohol.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Steak. I have given up trying so hard to like it just to fit in with my food-snob friends who like expensive restaurants. I'm not spending my calories on things I don't like or even hate in some cases.

So glad to hear it's not only me who doesn't like steak!

My parents fed me steak every Sunday until I was about 18 years old ... their version of the "Sunday Roast" -- they both love steak. I didn't like it at all that whole time, and from the moment I moved out way back then ... I haven't touched steak since.

I'm in absolute agreement ... "I'm not spending my calories on things I don't like or even hate in some cases"! I have a limited number of calories to work with, so I'm going to eat foods I like. :smiley:

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Bread from the bread aisle at the grocery store. After getting used to sprouted bread, homemade bread, artisanal breads, and gluten free breads, they taste like glue to me. I guess I've gotten spoiled. :)

• coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Margarine
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    peanut butter. tried it and it was a mouthful of sad
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Mangoes - they are either slimy or stringy depending on the kind, yet still manage to be grainy.

Otherwise, I will try anything and if I like it, I will try it again. I travel extensively in Africa for my job, so I can really back that up. Offal, insects, deliberately moulded stuff - bring it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Steak. I have given up trying so hard to like it just to fit in with my food-snob friends who like expensive restaurants. I'm not spending my calories on things I don't like or even hate in some cases.

My parents fed me steak every Sunday until I was about 18 years old ... their version of the "Sunday Roast" -- they both love steak. I didn't like it at all that whole time, and from the moment I moved out way back then ... I haven't touched steak since.

I'm in absolute agreement ... "I'm not spending my calories on things I don't like or even hate in some cases"! I have a limited number of calories to work with, so I'm going to eat foods I like. :smiley:

I hated my parents steak. Love steak now. It's all about how it's cooked.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Can your parents adopt me? Steak is a luxury in my tax bracket.
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Beets. Bluk.

This!
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Swiss cake rolls. I cannot control myself with those things and will eat an entire box. Anything that resembles them as well
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options

Can your parents adopt me? Steak is a luxury in my tax bracket.

We weren't well off when I was growing up. That probably explained some of the steaks. But we were fortunate enough to live in small towns in the country with friends who were cattle farmers and got a lot of deals on meat.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    liveit wrote: »
    Soda. Cola. Anything with artificial sweetener or that claims to be diet.
    My mom developed dementia. She lived off diet soda in a can. Not only do studies show that the artificial sweeteners contribute to it, but also the aluminum from the can contributes to memory loss.
    Please site the studies.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png