Eating more to lose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    here is the link for the Eat More to Weigh Less group, please go to this group and ask for better advise there. While there are some people giving you sound advise, i disagree with all the people ripping you apart telling you you're eating more than you think.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3817-eat-more-2-weigh-less

What? Nobody is ripping her apart.

Fact: if you're not losing weight, you are eating too much. It's 100% science, even if you have a medical issue where you need to work a bit harder to find the calorie deficit that works for you.

Eating more is to fuel your body only and to lose weight at a slower rate. You still have to stay in your calorie deficit. For this to work you (1) have to already be losing weight and (2) know how much you are eating.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Winner get's to eat the most and still lose.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    here is the link for the Eat More to Weigh Less group, please go to this group and ask for better advise there. While there are some people giving you sound advise, i disagree with all the people ripping you apart telling you you're eating more than you think.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3817-eat-more-2-weigh-less

^^THIS! Go to the link OP. Glad I bypassed the forums.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Once you get really committed to eating in a certain range, yes, it can just feel somehow wrong to eat more. If you're at the right level, you might even call that feeling self-discipline. But, given the facts that you're sharing, it seems like the right level is NOT 1200 calories, right? So maybe it will help if you can think of it as tweaking your commitment a little bit. Pair that with a commitment to weight and measure faithfully, and see how it goes for a month. A person can definitely lose on 1600 (or more) calories as long as they are burning up more than that.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Winner get's to eat the most and still lose.
    So true!