High protein, low calorie, low net carb coconut cake w/ pic

Options
BarackMeLikeAHurricane
BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
2e5ded521c5c4fc40261b7015d69c857_zps56594d46.jpg[img][/img]Nutrition facts
Just the cake: 127 calories, 9g carbs (3g net carbs), 2.8g fat, 14g protein.
Optional maple glaze shown in picture: 34 calories, 6g carbs, 2g fat, 0g protein

Ingredients
Cake: 1/4 cup + 2tbsp egg whites, 2tbsp raw coconut flour, ~2tbsp splenda or sweetener of choice, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Maple glaze: 3tbsp sugar free cool whip, 1tbsp sugar free maple syrup

Directions
Cake: stir the ingredients together and microwave for six minutes, flip, microwave for an additional three minutes
Maple glaze: mix whipped cream and maple syrup

Quick, easy, delicious, healthy, high in protein, and low calorie. I eat two or three of these a day. You can eat your cake and be healthy, too!

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    2e5ded521c5c4fc40261b7015d69c857_zps56594d46.jpg

Nutrition facts
    Optional maple glaze shown in picture: 34 calories, 6g carbs, 2g fat, 0g protein

Ingredients
    Cake: 1/4 cup + 2tbsp egg whites, 2tbsp raw coconut flour, ~2tbsp splenda or sweetener of choice, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Directions
    Cake: stir the ingredients together and microwave for six minutes, flip, microwave for an additional three minutes

Quick, easy, delicious, healthy, high in protein, and low calorie. I eat two or three of these a day. You can eat your cake and be healthy, too!

BUMP.
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks, sounds amazing!

Probably a really stupid question, but what is cool whip? And what is the UK equivalent?

:flowerforyou:
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • minus15pounds
    Options
    bump!
  • phonepest
    phonepest Posts: 43
    Options
    cool whip is like whipped cream ... sugar free was used in this recipe... do they have canned whipped cream called Reddiwhip? That would work too!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    LOL. Cool Whip comes frozen...it's kind of like a white fluffy custard. I guess.
  • jennbeaudry
    Options
    bump
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • debrajdavid
    debrajdavid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kristenFit
    kristenFit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yum
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    44287e4f7085e08e86ee4b79e60beea8_zpsdb564a9e.jpg
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. Sounds awesome!
  • NVM87
    NVM87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nutrition facts

Ingredients

Directions

Bump
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Aaaah that makes sense! Yeah we have canned whipped cream - thank you phonepest :flowerforyou:
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Probably a really stupid question, but what is cool whip? And what is the UK equivalent?

I suppose you could use instant whip maybe? Im also wondering if you could use creme fraiche for a healthier alternative. Might give it a go and let you know.
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options

I suppose you could use instant whip maybe? Im also wondering if you could use creme fraiche for a healthier alternative. Might give it a go and let you know.
    Yeah, I'm thinking about experimenting with different toppings. I just love maple syrup and pairing it with a coconut cake made an interesting flavor profile. I like mixing sugar free preserves with sugar free cool whip for other things so I might try some other flavors as well. You could always mix creme fraiche or cool whip with cocoa powder for a more traditional flavor profile. I know some people have an issue with the artificial stuff but if you tried to use regular maple syrup with it you'd be adding a whole lot of calories. I mean, IIFYM go for it but I'd probably opt to change the flavor of the glaze at that point. I try to eat as much food as possible within my calorie limit.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    :heart: Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do you have any more recipes? :D