Tried everything! tired & close to break down!

Options
13»

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Did a doctor tell you that you can't lift?

I exploded my wrist in a motorcycle accident and I can lift. Hell, my hand is now at an angle to my arm because my wrist was so messed up and I can lift.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    rhyolite_ wrote: »
    What WBB55 is trying to tell you is that if your goal is to look better rather than see a specific scale number, then you need to look into weight lifting (recomposition). If you are doing recomp, the scale won't tell you much of anything, since it may not change at all even though you have clearly changed your body composition.

Also, I don't understand why you're preemptively angry with everyone. You got one post making a suggestion to help you get to your goals and you reacted really negatively to it.

I am angry with myself, .. better I am pis*** off with my body that the belly fat or arms didnt moved since 4months now.. i cant lift... i have had wrist injury(very badly one)

For past days, all my ''bigger'' frien ds keep telling me i look fine. Yes for them, not for myself.

I dont attacked anyone here, I am just trying to get realistic and make sure people read what i wrote as few thngs were missed, scale goal, picture etc.

You can recomp with a hand injury. Recomping to add muscle to your core, legs, shoulders and back will help you achieve what you are saying you want. Get a good trainer to help you with the kinds of things you can do that won't require stress on your hand. I guarantee they can set up a progressive training plan that will help you on the path towards improving your overall body fat percentage.
  • lovellm122
    lovellm122 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    lovellm122 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    wow, three whole months huh?

in my experience, when people are "trying everything" they tend to lack consistency over time and patience...all of which are requisites.

a fitness body doesn't come from working out for a couple of months and dieting...it is a bi-product of living that lifestyle over time...three months is nothing.

that made me cry... so..now i need 10 yhears to lose weight, no hope for me?

Nobody can put a clear timeline on what you can achieve. 3 months can make a massive difference, particularly with you being not being over weight to start with. I lost 49 pounds of fat in the last 5 months and put 7 pounds of muscle on. You just need to focus on resistance training, keep doing some cardio, and getting a clean diet. In 3 months you could have made a massive change :smile:

I could have but it didnt change a single 1cm!! I am still looking same as I started 4 months ago...

Sorry, it was meant to read as, 'in 3 months you can make a massive change :smile:' .... Just class them last 4 months as trial and error. Do some research, find something which works and fits you, nail down your blue print for success and smash it :smile:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    If that is you in the profile then I am confused???

First sentence in her post says that's her in 2005.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I work in an office...and I do body weight exercises every time I use the restroom... I started out doing modified push-ups off the handicap bar until I could do unmodified...and lunges/squats can be done nearly anywhere...15 reps per leg with a 100 oz of daily water intake...it adds up quick! ;)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    lovellm122 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    wow, three whole months huh?

in my experience, when people are "trying everything" they tend to lack consistency over time and patience...all of which are requisites.

a fitness body doesn't come from working out for a couple of months and dieting...it is a bi-product of living that lifestyle over time...three months is nothing.

that made me cry... so..now i need 10 yhears to lose weight, no hope for me?

Nobody can put a clear timeline on what you can achieve. 3 months can make a massive difference, particularly with you being not being over weight to start with. I lost 49 pounds of fat in the last 5 months and put 7 pounds of muscle on. You just need to focus on resistance training, keep doing some cardio, and getting a clean diet. In 3 months you could have made a massive change :smile:

I could have but it didnt change a single 1cm!! I am still looking same as I started 4 months ago...

Are you counting calories?

I used to.. but stopped. Eat pretty much the same as I was sticking to 1200calories a day

Why did you stop?
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Strong curves is a great program. There's a section for at home lower body work out and I'm pretty sure it doesn't use any wrists. I've seen great results in building my booty with it. Recomposition is amazing