Tried everything! tired & close to break down!

Options
GirlBossGoals
GirlBossGoals Posts: 49 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Profile picture is from 2005- its my goal to look again like that! I was 43kg!!! ( i dont want to be 43 but 47)I want to look the same but i dont care about the scale, i just want to get rid of the belly fat & arms.

EDIT- I a not about the scale! I am only only about the areas!! only arm and hips! exercise them daily for 30min! Agin, not a scale is my goal but areas, okey?
I know there are going to be comments that this is not healthy etc. but this is not the point! I am 158 and got 50kg which is absolutely healthy and normal weight but I do struggle with self acceptance. I am trying to lose since May. It go down do 47, next day to be 50 again. I am exercising, eating healthy. I totally ditched white bread& potatoes. I have pretty bad ''love handles'' or whatever the area is called and fatty arms. No exercise or diet is helping to get rid of it. even if one week I am happy the next it all comes back! I know for some people I am ok, but I can't accept that. I feel like a little fatty thing on the beach. I am comparing myself to other all the time.Whatever anyone says- is just doesn't wok. Is inside my head. People who says im ok only just p*** me off because I know how I look like. There is nothing I can do.

How come girls are on diet for 2 months and lose weight and I cant work areas since May??
I do strenght exrecise 30min a day 2-3 times a week and walk to work fast 5km a day.

I cant d anymore exercise neither eat less. If i go on strict diet I do for 2 weeks, im miserable & hungry. If I eat normal ( heatlhy porrigge, fruits veg - no fasts food, smoothies & water) im feeling ok, but I look bloated no matter what!

I geunine dont have time to exercise everyday day as I work 12h a day and im tired! I also had bad hand breakge and I cant lift heavy.

I dont want to ''just accept myself'' and live with fat hips and big arms! It looks aweful!
I wear size 6 tops and 8 trousers. My fat & belly sticked out of trousers always!! and top with long sleeve are very tight. If i buy size bigger trousers then fall off or top look ''to big'' but arm wis is ok.

I am thining to cancel my holiday as i cant stand the fact that i tried for soo many months and i still have fat around my belly & hips.

I know some of you will say perfect.. but funny enough... only girls who are 'bigger'' than me saying im ok, and slimmer girls agree.

I dont want to accept my fat, its not looking good! if you look at me you ''can tell i dont exercise'' but i do exercise!

You can abuse me now. yes im stupid, role models all that... but why on earth no one want to accept the fact I just want to have healthy skinny body?? how come the fitness girls can do and this is acceptable but with normal girl it ''must be something wrong with her''??

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Search the term "recomposition". I think you're focusing on the wrong goals. You should focus on lowering your Body Fat%, not your scale weight.
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    i am not even looking at the scale. I am all about the areas, scale is only kind of ''telling me'' if there has been progress or not. I mentioned mutile times in text I am all about the arms & huge hips as this just look ridicolous, rest o my body is ok, i have oke legs etc.
  • lovellm122
    lovellm122 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dont think you need to lose weight. If you want to be toned up you need to increase your lean body mass and reduce your body fat %. the number on the scales is not the significant factor here. it's the lean body mass to body fat ratio. (Just advice, however I dont think you need to change as you look good as you are).
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    ok, recomposition is still probably what you want to do, though. Please search/google that term.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Ermygawd! You look beautiful if that's your profile pic. The most sexy thing a woman can have is self confidence. No ones looking at small fat rolls or anything like that. I'm Telling you, everyone loves confidence and it doesn't matter how great you look, without it everyone can see your weak self esteem, which comes off as needy for attention which is not sexy. Find out how to give that a boost. Cancelling a holiday over how "fat" you are is no way to live a life. A tad obsessive. I hope you can get over that attitude because it ain't healthy.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If really does sound like you should recomp not lose weight.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything unhealthy looking in your profile pic. Maybe you are just being too impatient. If it took you 10 years to gain this weight, why would you think you can take it off quickly and look the same. With an overly agressive diet you are going to lose quite a bit of muscle along with the fat and you will not look the same as if you lost more slowly.

If you really want to get that look back, then you need to do some type of resistance training and keep a smaller calorie deficit. You need to lose fat and maintain muscle. If you can't lift, then talk to the doctor treating your injury about what type of resistance work would be saft for you.
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    lovellm122 wrote: »
    I dont think you need to lose weight. If you want to be toned up you need to increase your lean body mass and reduce your body fat %. the number on the scales is not the significant factor here. it's the lean body mass to body fat ratio. (Just advice, however I dont think you need to change as you look good as you are).

How do you know I look good? if you see girl on street with crop top and her belly stcks out- do you think she sill look good even she is overall normal weight?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    wow, three whole months huh?

in my experience, when people are "trying everything" they tend to lack consistency over time and patience...all of which are requisites.

a fitness body doesn't come from working out for a couple of months and dieting...it is a bi-product of living that lifestyle over time...three months is nothing.
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    Ermygawd! You look beautiful if that's your profile pic. The most sexy thing a woman can have is self confidence. No ones looking at small fat rolls or anything like that. I'm Telling you, everyone loves confidence and it doesn't matter how great you look, without it everyone can see your weak self esteem, which comes off as needy for attention which is not sexy. Find out how to give that a boost. Cancelling a holiday over how "fat" you are is no way to live a life. A tad obsessive. I hope you can get over that attitude because it ain't healthy.

this is 2005 picture 10 years ago.. i was 43kg kilo's then...

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    You haven't tried "everything" it's just that whatever you're doing currently isn't achieving your expectations.

Consistent reasonable calorie deficit (don't go for 2lbs a week).
    Patience.

You cannot dictate how fat comes off. If you hold fat in your arms and hips more than anywhere else, it's because of genetics and you can't change that. However you can control your overall body fat % and it's based on the formula above.

Unfortunately how you view yourself versus others is an issue you need to address on your own. All I can tell you is that nobody really cares about how you look because they are all just at worried about how they look to everyone else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lovellm122
    lovellm122 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

How do you know I look good? if you see girl on street with crop top and her belly stcks out- do you think she sill look good even she is overall normal weight?

Thought that was a recent pic. And yeah I prefer curves than toned on a woman.
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sounds like you need to recomp, there is a good thread about it here: Recomposition Thread

You sound like you have a lot of fat and not much muscle (sometimes called skinnyfat but the term is pretty board). Your ticker says you need to loose 3kg, I think best to forget about dropping weight and focus on building muscle.

Start a proper lifting programme where the aim is to lift heavier each week.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that having a goal to look exactly like your 21 year old self is unrealistic. Some women are still developing at that age.

You are already a healthy weight and as others have said, it sounds like fat loss / recomposition should be your goal.
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You haven't tried "everything" it's just that whatever you're doing currently isn't achieving your expectations.

Unfortunately how you view yourself versus others is an issue you need to address on your own. All I can tell you is that nobody really cares about how you look because they are all just at worried about how they look to everyone else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

make sens.. you made me feel slight better, only tiny bit...;)
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    wow, three whole months huh?

in my experience, when people are "trying everything" they tend to lack consistency over time and patience...all of which are requisites.

a fitness body doesn't come from working out for a couple of months and dieting...it is a bi-product of living that lifestyle over time...three months is nothing.

that made me cry... so..now i need 10 yhears to lose weight, no hope for me?
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am 31 yr old like you. The only way I was able to get the body I wanted (tight and toned, visible abs, no bulges, etc) was through intensive exercise. It's the only way. With diet you can loose weight but when you start getting down to lower weights you will just be skinny fat. If it matters to you, you have to find the time for exercise. I work up to 12 hr per day, often flying to other cities for the day for work and have to look after a family, but my health is also a priority so I make time for exercise. It also gives me more energy, makes me feel super happy and accomplished and helps me sleep better. I also exercise at home, no gym because i don't have time to waste getting there etc. A quick HITT routine with plyometrics and body weight exercises would likely give you the results you are after. If you want to look like those fitness girls you have to work like those fitness girls.
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options

Thought that was a recent pic. And yeah I prefer curves than toned on a woman.

I wish that as well! this is my goal picture only. I know guys does.. but i dont like myself at all.
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    fernt21 wrote: »
    I am 31 yr old like you. The only way I was able to get the body I wanted (tight and toned, visible abs, no bulges, etc) was through intensive exercise. It's the only way. With diet you can loose weight but when you start getting down to lower weights you will just be skinny fat. If it matters to you, you have to find the time for exercise. I work up to 12 hr per day, often flying to other cities for the day for work and have to look after a family, but my health is also a priority so I make time for exercise. It also gives me more energy, makes me feel super happy and accomplished and helps me sleep better. I also exercise at home, no gym because i don't have time to waste getting there etc. A quick HITT routine with plyometrics and body weight exercises would likely give you the results you are after. If you want to look like those fitness girls you have to work like those fitness girls.

now we talking... whats HITT & plymotrcis before I google that & gives me 1000 different answers...
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    If you are unhappy where you are at...then THE LAST THING YOU SHOULD DO IS GIVE UP! You need to have patience... It took me 1 year to lose 35 lbs...but doing it in a sustainable way makes it a lifestyle change. Hang in there. We are all in the same boat.