EXHAUSTED after lifting!

Options
13»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    Hell, even days when I just do the lifting with no cardio (as when I am lifting again, I try to drop my cardio before I drop the weights) I still get wiped. In fact, doing the cardio helps me some what keep my energy up for longer after a workout. If I didnt do cardio...I would likely only be able to pull off half of my lifts and then crash.

LOLNo. This....is not how the body's energy stores work
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Hell, even days when I just do the lifting with no cardio (as when I am lifting again, I try to drop my cardio before I drop the weights) I still get wiped. In fact, doing the cardio helps me some what keep my energy up for longer after a workout. If I didnt do cardio...I would likely only be able to pull off half of my lifts and then crash.

Actually cardio releases endorphins so, yeah, it helps. Tennis players bounce around to get a little pump.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »

Actually cardio releases endorphins so, yeah, it helps. Tennis players bounce around to get a little pump.

I can't even tell if you're trolling or not right now.
  • rileyes
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Some things aren't so black and white. I'm guessing you choose to do very little cardio. I lift weights and do cardio so I'm talking from experience. Why would you suggest that my response was trolling?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're doing it wrong. Why don't you just run Strong Curves? Why the heck you gonna super set power lifts?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Some things aren't so black and white. I'm guessing you choose to do very little cardio. I lift weights and do cardio so I'm talking from experience. Why would you suggest that my response was trolling?

I do lots of cardio. Lots and lots. So much that lifting is on hold right now.
    And I thought the exact same thing as Dope.
  • rileyes
    Options

I do lots of cardio. Lots and lots. So much that lifting is on hold right now.
    And I thought the exact same thing as Dope.
    Maybe I am not being clear? In tennis there can be a lot of bursts of stop and go so it helps to keep a tempo to be ready or stay in a zone. I'm not saying sprint and go directly to super sets of heavy lifting. I'm referring to getting bursts of energy from cardio.