women discussion - .... :)

Options

Replies

• curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    2-3 days before TOM starts I could eat everything in sight. I once ate an entire cheese pizza and a box of cheese stuffed bread sticks in a span of 30 minutes and was still hungry. I also crave salty things. My weird combo was swiss cheese and chips together.... like you would have cheese and crackers. Then once TOM hits I have to force myself to eat, otherwise I would be fine eating 800 calories a day. Of course this time around since I've been logging I have been really good.
    And I know.. my boyfriend hopped on board with me about 2 weeks ago and lost 15 pounds already. I don't even know how, he even has had a sprained ankle for the past week so he's not going on walks/runs with me. And as far as I know he eats pretty much the same.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    some months i do and some i dont. this month i DIDN'T but i am also stressed and in the middle of moving. i have months where im famished and cant figure out why... then BAM hello aunty flo you *kitten*. LOLOLOL
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I get hungrier. And I crave specific things.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I am more hungry before my period, but once it comes my appetite disappears for a few days, so it evens out.

I make sure I keep exercising!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The book "Moody B***hes" by Dr. Julie Holland is an amazing read that explains so many wonderful things about our hormones, our cycles and understanding the ups and downs we go through as women. It covers these very topics and more!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    A big, fat YES on the hunger. Always more hungry and always wanting the same stuff, mostly pasta.

After I began losing and paying attention to my body, I found out something else about periods - I'm less hungry afterwards. I'd always known I was hungrier before my period but never noticed I was less hungry after it until I paid attention and started eating to my hunger.

Even when dieting, I'd eat more before the period and less after. More carbs before. Less food, but more meat after. It's what I want, so it's what I ate.

I've seen other women say that when they began paying attention, they noticed being less hungry after the period, too. Maybe that will happen for you. :)
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i gained 2lbs last saturday there is no explanantion for it apart from hormones so im trying not to worry about it, its nearly been a week and no sign however i know its coming .. maybe my gain was ovulation as i know my body can jump with that too

Weight loss is not linear. I easily gain 8 lbs when I am on the week of my period and it all leaves again the day after it ends, sometimes taking extras with it ;)
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I do hate my TOM, but I love being a woman. We rock! I get ravenous the week before and really have to keep it in check. I also don't lose that week at all,or minor losses, due to water retention normally. The week of I'm actually barely hungry.

My main issue is the water bloat. The scale doesn't change really but man, my clothes feel like all the progress I made is gone the week before and the first two days of. :(

Men do lose weight faster. In two months my husband has dropped 57 lbs. He eats loads more than I do, worse food than I do, and doesn't exercise at all, unless you count moving his thumbs on the xbox controller. I've lost 20, which I'm still pretty happy with, but he's like a fat burning machine. Every time I look at him I'm just floored at how much he's changed.

• mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I find myself getting very hungry for a day or two when I ovulate and then some months right before I start. However, I weirdly find that I'm not usually overly hungry and that my BEST workouts happen when I'm actually on my period - maybe because I feel bloated. Regardless of my hunger level, I always feel bloated before I start and the first day or so of my period... glad we were at the beach this month and all the girls wanted to take bathing suit pics - so fun when when you're bloated!
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wow this has made me feel better tonight I had my dinner I even had a pudding consisting of a low calorie cereal bar and quark. Nope sitting here with hunger pangs whilst hubby sits across from me yamming sweets. I am trying my bloody hardest to ignore that biscuit tin it's killing me inside
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I get very hungry at ovulation. I eat more, exercise more, weigh more. All normal and very used to it. Any excess weight falls off by the time my period starts.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    It's mostly in your head.

Stay hydrated, eat good food and exercise some self control. Speaking of exercise, are you getting enough?
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I get hungry and bloated. it suuuucks! the scale goes up (I would guess water weight) so when I see the scale rise even though I'm resisting intense food cravings I get so grumpy! last TOM I cried bc my brother in law was waving queso dip in my face and I was resisting it even though I wanted some SO BAD!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    For me, part of it is fatigue. I am much more fatigued in the week before TOM, and in the past i always looked to food for a pick me up. i may get a tad bit hungrier, but for me it is largely fatigue.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    A big, fat YES on the hunger. Always more hungry and always wanting the same stuff, mostly pasta.

After I began losing and paying attention to my body, I found out something else about periods - I'm less hungry afterwards. I'd always known I was hungrier before my period but never noticed I was less hungry after it until I paid attention and started eating to my hunger.

Even when dieting, I'd eat more before the period and less after. More carbs before. Less food, but more meat after. It's what I want, so it's what I ate.

I've seen other women say that when they began paying attention, they noticed being less hungry after the period, too. Maybe that will happen for you. :)

I'm less hungry once it starts. I never worried much about the hunger before because I knew I'd have to force myself to eat during.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i am currently starving. I could eat all the food in the office and I still think it wouldnt' be enough
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Last night I was ravenous, and I feel so horribly guilty about it. I never binge like this, but I decided that, after my calories were already done for the day, a beer, 3 jalepeno poppers, and half a pint of B&J was a good idea :( I already had a huge cheat day planned for a wedding tomorrow, and now I'm struggling to fit the extra cals in :(
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Some do some don't

I do generally

It's not a biggie

I accommodate it, log it and move on

this
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Stay hydrated, eat good food and exercise some self control. Speaking of exercise, are you getting enough?

Clearly, the shakes and dizziness I get if I don't eat at that time of the month (and only at that time of the month) are 'in my head' too.

Just because you don't experience it yourself (LUCKY) doesn't mean everyone else is making it up.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

I don't get the period munchies, but I don't poop on people who do get them.