Miss USA too skiny? or Not? What do you guys think?

Options

Replies

• Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    She's pretty, but I would not date or want to have sex with her.

I'm sure she's heartbroken.

nicholas-cage-laughing.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Why don't I ever see any posts asking if some particular man is too fat or too thin or too this or that?
    I'm pretty sure that any men that I know would respond to that with, "blow me." I suppose if women universally responded to that with "go die in a fire" or thereabouts, maybe it would at least slow down a little. But it is a weird double standard, eh?
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I think she looks great!! ... I wanna know her workout routine and nutrition plan!!! I wonder if she's heard about MFP? lol
  • Tankgirl001
    Tankgirl001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    She is beautifully toned, sculptured and muscular defined. She looks amazingly fit and healthy.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...If anything her body shape is just very masculine...

Really? I would never have mistaken her for a man. She looks like a beautiful, fit, athletic woman to me. I'd like to see all these trash-talkers post photos of themselves in bikinis...
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This topic made me go look at other images of her ... which was combined with the other contestants... then I wondered how the contestants looked 10 years ago, 20 years ago... it's amazing the differences in physical fitness levels 10 years can make... between 2003 and 2013 you can definitely tell there is a decrease in BF% and increase in muscle tone that is common among the contestants
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Why don't I ever see any posts asking if some particular man is too fat or too thin or too this or that?
    I'm pretty sure that any men that I know would respond to that with, "blow me." I suppose if women universally responded to that with "go die in a fire" or thereabouts, maybe it would at least slow down a little. But it is a weird double standard, eh?

Well we as a gender like confirmation and reassurance. I like the thought though. Lol go die in a fire
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    This topic made me go look at other images of her ... which was combined with the other contestants... then I wondered how the contestants looked 10 years ago, 20 years ago... it's amazing the differences in physical fitness levels 10 years can make... between 2003 and 2013 you can definitely tell there is a decrease in BF% and increase in muscle tone that is common among the contestants

Be interesting to see a comparison going back to the beginning I'm also curious about the judges backgrounds if they came from media
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The very notion that "all men would find her to be" anything is the height of folly. There are guys that go for the Twiggy figure, guys that go for her "fit/athletic" figure, guys that go for a softer, curvier look like Kate Upton, guys that go for more voluptuous than Ms. Upton, guys that are "chubby chasers," and guys that go for other guys. There are also those of us who prefer to look at the person under the figure before deciding if she's more than just superficially attractive.

So, are you saying that men are individuals with independent thoughts and tastes?

That simply can't be true! All men share one brain. That's what I've been told all these years!
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Stunning and waaaaaay out of my league.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea of beauty contests. The objectify and trivialize women. But she's not skinny, rather, she's trim and toned and looks great.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it seems like you just cant win,your either too fat,too skinny,too many muscles, boobs to big , boobs to small.
    I think she looks lovely.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing in my eyes! Very healthy, toned and athletic looking :)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    ...If anything her body shape is just very masculine...

Really? I would never have mistaken her for a man. She looks like a beautiful, fit, athletic woman to me. I'd like to see all these trash-talkers post photos of themselves in bikinis...

Indeed. Miss USA looks terrific.

I find it hard to believe how anyone could say she is too thin or masculine looking. :huh:
  • rml_16
    Options
    Sometimes it seems like you just cant win,your either too fat,too skinny,too many muscles, boobs to big , boobs to small.
    Everyone has an idea in their head of what "beauty" is, or the perfect body or whatever. Some people do not have the self-estemm or intelligence to realize that not everyone holds the same ideal.

I also find that often women will put down body shapes different from their own to make themselves feel better and men will put down women who are out of their league (or they believe are out of their league) in order to make themselves feel better.

I am not talking about people who simply have a preference but can still recognize that people who do not fit that preference are beautiful to others. I mean the ones who say things like, "Real ben like curves. Only dogs like bones." Or any variation of that.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Everyone has an idea in their head of what "beauty" is, or the perfect body or whatever. Some people do not have the self-estemm or intelligence to realize that not everyone holds the same ideal.

I also find that often women will put down body shapes different from their own to make themselves feel better and men will put down women who are out of their league (or they believe are out of their league) in order to make themselves feel better.

I am not talking about people who simply have a preference but can still recognize that people who do not fit that preference are beautiful to others. I mean the ones who say things like, "Real ben like curves. Only dogs like bones." Or any variation of that.

its scary,more so when you see people struggling to fit some ideal definition of beauty. When in reality there is no real definition of beauty because everybody is saying something different .Just standing in the checkout line with all the wwhos too fat headlines,then next week they focus on whos "scary skinny".
  • Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so fixated on the weight a woman should be. Everyone has a different body type, and it doesn't matter how big or how thin you are, SOMEONE will ALWAYS criticize you for it. I have a friend who has health issues and has a very hard time putting on weight. Body shaming happens no matter how you look. That's why the changes that happen have to be internal as well as external. There is no perfect. You have to be happy with yourself, because you are never going to find approval out there in the world.
  • rml_16
    Options

its scary,more so when you see people struggling to fit some ideal definition of beauty. When in reality there is no real definition of beauty because everybody is saying something different .Just standing in the checkout line with all the wwhos too fat headlines,then next week they focus on whos "scary skinny".
    I have decided to try to make myself the best I can be and fit my own idea of beauty. I actually like that I'm an hourglass. I just want to be thinner. I don't want super low body fat and lots of muscle. I know there are plenty of men and women who think my goal uis attractive. I don't really car about the people who prefer a different look. I just want people to stop saying nasty things about bodies that are not their personal ideal.

Just be who you are and be the best you that you can!
  • sarahbraumberger
    sarahbraumberger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I actually think she looks quite healthy. She's obviously worked hard for that muscle tone, so good for her.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I think she looks incredibly fit and healthy. Beauty pagents also incliude scholarships and prize money and spokesperson/modeling contracts. I use to think. They were all fluff till i met a few people who were finalists at the city and state level. Bright intelligent women who rock a conservative suit and have the self confidence to speak up and work hard.

I think 2013 is the year we need to break thru all the stereo types in our heads and hearts .