Miss USA too skiny? or Not? What do you guys think?

Options

Replies

• Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    She's lean but with a good amount of muscle mass. Perfect.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    EXTREMELY gorgeous!! From the title I was expecting her to be sickly and frail not funking hot and muscular!! She obviously works hard to look that good.
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    :mad: she is so awful looking! *ignores the fact she is larger than myself* i wish she'd just gain weight! how dare she have muscle mass and still be small! :laugh:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    yes too skinny
    they are s upposed to be too skinny
    thats what miss usa is all about
    puke puke puke

Thank you for proving my earlier point for me.

Have a nice day!

She always posts rude comments about anyone that isn't overweight or obese. :yawn:

Why she no jolly?

I am not condoning what she said at all, but what you said was just as bad. I like you, too. That sucks.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'd hit it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    yes too skinny
    they are s upposed to be too skinny
    thats what miss usa is all about
    puke puke puke

Thank you for proving my earlier point for me.

Have a nice day!

She always posts rude comments about anyone that isn't overweight or obese. :yawn:

Why she no jolly?

I am not condoning what she said at all, but what you said was just as bad. I like you, too. That sucks.

That's what you focus on? Really? We have a thread full of anger and one minor tweak of this person spewing hate hurts you?
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    ?bb_attachments=810094&bbat=92381&inline

lmao, I love this.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I hear to get her figure she eats Chickpea donuts and cookies.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I think she looks fit and healthy.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Options
    That's what you focus on? Really? We have a thread full of anger and one minor tweak of this person spewing hate hurts you?

I've already commented on the body shaming that has been going on throughout this thread. I commented on that specifically because it was the first time it was coming from someone on my friends list.

For the record, I don't think it's right to body shame any shape or size.

That being said, I don't like beauty pageants because I think they promote a very narrow standard of beauty. No one can argue that this woman does not have what it takes to be Miss USA. Obviously she does. But I don't think we all have to agree that she is the standard by which we should judge ourselves, or that she is the all-time ideal body type.

And, to answer the OP, NO. I don't think she's "too skinny" just because she has a thinner body type. She quite obviously has plenty of muscle that she has worked hard to sculpt.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I've already commented on the body shaming that has been going on throughout this thread. I commented on that specifically because it was the first time it was coming from someone on my friends list.

That being said, I don't like beauty pageants because I think they promote a very narrow standard of beauty. No one can argue that this woman does not have what it takes to be Miss USA. Obviously she does. But I don't think we all have to agree that she is the standard by which we should judge ourselves, or that she is the all-time ideal body type.

And, to answer the OP, NO. I don't think she's "too skinny" just because she has a thinner body type. She quite obviously has plenty of muscle that she has worked hard to sculpt.

It's perfectly fine to not agree that she is the epitome of beauty. That's everyone's right, but to start judging her because she has chosen to enter a beauty pageant and to become very fit is no better than someone else fat shaming someone who has chosen to eat too much and not exercise. At least give her the respect she deserves for her hard work. I'm not going to even address the "narrow standard of beauty" comment as it's a non-starter and a great way to come off as quite jealous. Besides, how can you not see the progress that has been made here from a move of holding up women with eating disorders as beautiful to a woman winning this contest who is very athletically built? That's a hell of a step in my book and one that has been largely overlooked in this thread.

My comment was absolutely dripping with sarcasm and if you knew me (you friended me for some reason), then you would know that. It was a sarcastic comment throwing a stereotype back in a very angry person's face.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    She's not too skinny, but she could gain a few pounds....gotta have curves lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is that her chicken chest is not attractive.
    Subjective. Looks fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

It's perfectly fine to not agree that she is the epitome of beauty. That's everyone's right, but to start judging her because she has chosen to enter a beauty pageant and to become very fit is no better than someone else fat shaming someone who has chosen to eat too much and not exercise. At least give her the respect she deserves for her hard work. I'm not going to even address the "narrow standard of beauty" comment as it's a non-starter and a great way to come off as quite jealous. Besides, how can you not see the progress that has been made here from a move of holding up women with eating disorders as beautiful to a woman winning this contest who is very athletically built? That's a hell of a step in my book and one that has been largely overlooked in this thread.

My comment was absolutely dripping with sarcasm and if you knew me (you friended me for some reason), then you would know that. It was a sarcastic comment throwing a stereotype back in a very angry person's face.

OMG this. I don't know why people can't celebrate a different kind of beauty than their own. I don't look like this, this isn't the look I'm going for... but she's f*ckin rockin it. That's all that matters! Just because we celebrate her and the hard work it must have taken to get there, doesn't mean we are somehow dissing everyone who doesn't look like her. Stop projecting her own insecurities on every one else.

No one asked if she was the epitome of beauty for every single person. They asked if she's too skinny. No, she isn't.
    /end thread.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Couldn't agree more with this statement. I really hate the term "narrow standard of beauty." It is a callous statement made against very beautiful women. This woman is a professional, intelligent, fit, and lovely to look at. She's the total package. Hardly narrow.
  • LordMarius
    LordMarius Posts: 28
    Options
    tumblr_moqyldsacf1s3tbfho1_400.jpg
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Options

So, you'd argue that the criteria for someone entering the Miss USA pageant is pretty broad, then?

Again, the sarcasm wasn't lost on me. I just didn't find the comment funny. You thought it was okay to body shame someone because they body shamed someone else. I disagree with that approach. It's okay for us to disagree on it.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

wow...... :huh: :noway:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Options

Couldn't agree more with this statement. I really hate the term "narrow standard of beauty." It is a callous statement made against very beautiful women. This woman is a professional, intelligent, fit, and lovely to look at. She's the total package. Hardly narrow.

You are missing the point entirely. It is the pageant that has a narrow standard. The criteria for entering is the opposite of broad which is narrow.

I agree. She is all the things you say she is. I did not call her narrow.
  • LordMarius
    LordMarius Posts: 28
    Options

wow...... :huh: :noway:

LOL :smokin: