Has anyone seen results doing Zumba?

Options
2»

Replies

• eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do zumba almost daily to eat more and keep my calorie goal. So yes I have seen results as I am losing weight while eating a little more. But in reality it is all CICO.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    TiaGia101 wrote: »
    I define results as weight loss or visible results in the body

In that case, if you change nothing about your diet then no, you will not see results from Zumba. In order to see muscle definition you have to reduce your body fat, in order to do that you have to lose weight and the only thing that achieves weight loss is eating at a deficit. Working out is for fitness and some bonus calories, especially cardio, which is what Zumba is.

+1
    And I love zumba try to do 2-3 classes a week. For me it's mental and emotional health plus heart health. Diet and nutrition are the key to weight loss. CICO
  • hillarywhite22
    hillarywhite22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Most my weight loss is from diet. I do Zumba because it's my therapy. How are you calculating the calorie burns from each? I definitely burn a lot more doing Zumba than I ever could in the elliptical.

I've been dieting as well...abs are made in the kitchen and all that...

Calculating Zumba calories burned using MFP and calculating Elliptical calories burned using a step tracking app on my phone. I burn WAY more calories doing zumba and it's a ton of fun. Just wanted to know if it can replace my normal cardio workout (I do strength training twice a week as well).