Nights out and alcohol!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• labar2
    labar2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Since you've lost weight it may not take as much for you to feel the affects...
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything constructive to say, I'm just duty bound to comment on booze threads.

Red wine is the answer to all things btw.
  • maggpie999
    Options
    Ok, I am totally in the same boat. I do not go out to drink but I am a drinker, and I drink a lot. Let's just say the reason I don't go out much anymore is because it is too expensive. But as for staying on track. It has been, in my experience, always better to stick with regular liquor or wine on the rocks. I mean don't put juice or coke in it. And if you get the muchies (this is the actually thing that screws me up) eat some carrot sticks or chew gum or something, no crisps or fries or anything like that. I have found that after a night drinking straight alcohol, that I have lost weight the next morning. I have been sticking with this plan and so far so good!!!(: BTW, I don't really think it is actual drinks that are the problem, just sugary additives , and munchies that are.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    still don't know why binge drinking has to be a part of regular behaviour... I used to do it in first and second year, by my fourth year of uni I have realised that 1. I don't need ANY alcohol to have fun 2. it's expensive (unless you make male friends which I did hehe) 3. you feel crappy the next day and regret it

A glass of wine tastes a lot nicer than 10 tequila shots, is classier, more relaxing, and not something I regret.

Rather than making ways around the calories, I don't see why it's so hard to just not have them? If you are peer pressured into it, clearly you have shyt friends and are mixing with an unthoughtful, shallow peer group that aren't really going to push you in the right direction in life. I have had many good friends be a bit surprised when I say I don't want to drink, but they don't care at all and it within 5 seconds it doesn't matter. Those are the people you should be hanging with, they are the people that will inspire you and help you grow into a successful adult.

Yes I am 21 and have learnt this early, thank goodness. Alcohol is far too overrated, special occasions for drinking more than just one! I provided a fair bit at my 21st, but that is for a special occasion - not weekly!

edit: And you are British - I'm from Aus and it's the same thing. The streets full of aggressive drunks in the evenings, not so pleasant. Too many people that say not drinking is 'un Australian', it's so sad how alcohol is one of few things I can genuinely use to describe my own country's culture :grumble:
  • jetconnors
    jetconnors Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I HAVE 2 BOTTLES OF WINE EVERY WEEKEND, JUST COS WE'RE DIETING IT DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO STOP LIVING, HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND BURN IT OFF IN THE WEEK :)
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just had my night out... I won't divulge my alcohol consumption :) Was absolutely worth it, will get back on track tomorrow!
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Don't let the dull and boring people on here bother you at all lol. Partying is completely normal.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    There's 64 calories in one once of vodka. I can't see your diary so I don't know what your calorie goal is for a day, but if it's set at 1200 calories you would have to drink almost 19 drinks to go over 1200 calories. If your going to have 5 or 6 drinks that's 384 calories so you're not going to be too much over. You have to live so go out and have fun!

A long island has about 5 standard "drinks" in one glass. It is not that hard to go over that when you are having a great time with friends. 3 long islands seems like a lot but with food in your belly and some karaoke going... I've indulged on those nights and been fine as long as I work it off throughout the week. Just don't forget a DD or a cab #! :flowerforyou:

Don't ridicule OP or other folks over their once in a blue moon drinking nights! Let em have fun! I barely drink but when I do, it may be considered "binge" drinking because I like to drink straight whiskey in a rocks glass halfway full. Sometimes I'll have more than one glass. And lets not get started on the wine loving folks. They drink much more than one or two drinks, but are fine and work hard to burn it back off. :drinker: I'm included in that bunch too! Girls nights are the best for many bottles of wine and stuff!

OP asked for advice on how to account for a great weekend, not AA advocates to attack her, so either give advice or keep on MFP'ing elsewhere! :wink:
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I shout "YOLO" as I chug.

tumblr_m08s0fYjFb1r0l5jyo1_500_zps0eacb6fd.gif

lol :laugh:
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think when you make a lifestyle change, you have to include alcohol as well. If you gained weight from drinking, the logical thing would be to drink it in moderation going forward. But I'm not a drinker so I'm not very sympathetic to this issue.

I have two happy hours planned this week which I somewhat dread because I know the food will be amazing and I will be tempted to drink multiple cocktails. I solve that problem by having 2 martini's max. I stay away from calorie laden mixed drinks.

But when I go away to the beach next month I plan on drinking ALL day lol. But I'm sticking to the low-cal options.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just had my night out... I won't divulge my alcohol consumption :) Was absolutely worth it, will get back on track tomorrow!

If you are anything like me, you will notice that as you lose weight you become more of a lightweight - so watch that.

Your 19 single Vodkas is about the same in alcohol as 10 pints, which I would easily consume on a night out as a student - specially if I went out early.

I managed 6 on friday and I was proper battered. Its either the weightloss or I'm getting old.
  • giveMEbeauty
    Options
    Bump