How do Often do you weight yourself?

Options

Replies

• Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when first out of bed just so I can average it out. Doing good not freaking out with fluctuation. But used to only weigh in weekly.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,729 Member
    Options
    At least I saw someone mention happy scale!

The two correct answers are: the frequency your psychological well being dictates and:

every morning after you've used the bathroom and before you have eaten or drunk anything. Record the weight into a web site or app such as www.trendweight.com; www.weightgrapher.com; happy scale for the iphone; Libra for Android (or a spreadsheet if you're a hard-core spreadsheet jockey).

Most of the sites/apps above can be linked semi-automatically and feed through to MFP too; and all of them produce a TRENDLINE which helps you ignore water weight fluctuations and concentrate on your long terms weight trend instead.

With 10lbs to lose and at a normal weight I would suggest a very slow process of maybe just a little bit more activity and/or lifting some weights as opposed to hardcore caloric restriction.
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started out doing it daily and found I was losing my mind. Then I went to once a week and found that if I gained, it became discouraging and shocking. So now I do it twice a week. Sunday and Wednesday mornings. I find that a lot can happen in two days especially over the weekend, so I weigh in on Sunday to make sure there is no major fluctuation and if there is, improve on it before Wednesday hits.

• WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every day. After I wake up and go to the bathroom, and before I eat or drink anything. As mentioned, daily fluctuations are to be expected and ignored. Look for trends.

This graph shows I gained weight this week:
    yl2c35c7w16s.jpeg

This graph shows I'm doing great over the last 3 months
    toy16nhbr06e.jpeg

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have found that weighing myself daily helps me to maintain my weight over time.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Every morning to keep myself mindful and honest. I only track it once a week.
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, usually in the morning and before going to bed, but I only log my weight on the weekends.
  • marizagamboa5
    marizagamboa5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I decided to only do it the day I started eating healthy and once a month moving forward. that way my focus is not on losing weight but on eating healthy increasing my ability to do things I haven't done in a while, and learning to truly enjoy the food i eat. so far it seams to be working for me personally. I look forward to loggin my food intake and I realise that 1400 calories is a lot ! when you choose correctly I I choose to not limmit myself or deprive myself i actually cant believe how full i am and how much i dont miss what i thought i would and im slowly able to do more and more each and every day. for me I just isn't a point in stressing in the how much I ve lost for me its more about learning the healthy way of life my journey is a long one but I'm loving every minute of it. I wish you all the best on yours ! :D
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Every morning. But I track over the week, not each day. Take measurements and progress pics once a month.
  • kimjschroeder
    kimjschroeder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, Im not like everyone else. I only weigh myself once every 2 weeks. I seem to have a cheat meal once during that two weeks and I dont want discouragement. Besides, it seems to be coming off really slow so every two weeks seems good to me.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    when it crosses my mind to. it might be days, it might be months.
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Every. Single. Morning. ((Naked)) Plus, I take measurements every month. :)
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    not often enough. i get scared...sometimes if i'm doing great and see a gain i give up. sometimes if i have gone over calories and see a loss...i eat more...lol. I'm still struggling with this. i should weigh myself at least weekly. daily not sure...when i was super fit i weighed myself multiple times a day. see how it changes.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to lose weight, I weighed daily. Sometimes multiple times daily.

Weighing my self daily became so unhealthy for me and effected my mood so much that I hid my scale away until Sunday.

On Sunday I would weigh, measure and photograph myself.

I did this for the first 6 months of my weight loss.

The photos I have tell a much larger story than the scale ever has.

I now weigh myself based on what I'm looking like. If I feel bloated, I do a scale check. If I look tight and lean, I do a scale check. I mostly go by the fit of my clothing now.

I weigh maybe once every 6 weeks.

• kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    During my loss I weighed every morning and every night so I could get a good idea of what I ate and how much water it would put on and what I would have to do to take it off.. It was a total mind f*** in the beginning because I could gain 10 lbs in a day.. Binging.. But I really learned a lot about my body. Now my metabolism has changed so much that I can eat some of the same stuff and not gain like I used to. Also.. I liked to keep my weight the same at night, because then I alwAys knew I was doing well.. It kept me in check.. And if I ate bad, I knew what I'd weigh.. Again.. In the beginning, before I had experience, it was a mind f*** and I drove everyone crazy with my mood swings and freak outs!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have to do it weekly (Usually Friday mornings) I tried doing it daily and I just couldn't mentally handle it. I would get so frustrated at the weird big gains I would get out of no where. Weekly suits me much better.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I haven't weighted myself in probably 6months. Would be really interested in what I weight :s

Main focus for me right now is just eating better then what I was before.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    every day, keep an eye on the trends, not the individual numbers
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I've been to the toilet and before I eat anything but I don't get caught up in gains/losses during the week - it's just to keep me on track. I only log my weight once a week.