Eating 3500-4000 carlories a day

Options
I have to try to eat between 3500 and 4000 calories a day, as a can't gain any weight eating less, but I'm struggling to get to this calorie intake. Wondering if anyone had any idea of food to eat that is high in calories and easy to do and be able to take for lunch in work? Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    peanut butter,nuts,avocado,quinoa,rice, just to name a few
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts, dried fruit (prunes, apricots, cranberries, etc.), whole grains, oily fishes (mackerel, herring, etc.), most cheese (feta, goat, etc.), granola and some breakfast cereals, guacamoles, mangos, avocados, some yogurths, hummus,...
  • tinyfruitprincess
    tinyfruitprincess Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend animal products because those aren't healthy & are going to totally mess up your insides and could cause discomfort especially if you're trying to reach 3500-4000 calories and that would require eating lots of yogurt for example and that just.. no, doesn't seem pleasant.
    so anyways, try
    rice, cereal's like pine nuts, granola, nuts and nut butters, seeds, avocado, bread with seeds//oats, dates ( super high calorie )
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend animal products because those aren't healthy & are going to totally mess up your insides and could cause discomfort especially if you're trying to reach 3500-4000 calories and that would require eating lots of yogurt for example and that just.. no, doesn't seem pleasant.
    so anyways, try
    rice, cereal's like pine nuts, granola, nuts and nut butters, seeds, avocado, bread with seeds//oats, dates ( super high calorie )

LOL at your attempted fearmongering about animal products.

Beef, chicken ... accompany with guacamole, peanut butter, cheese ... balanced carbs, fats, and protein.

• Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    High calories food includes nut, peanut butter and maybe some good old fashion ice cream :) How much weight are you looking to gain in 1 week?
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    And don't forget you can also drink your calories.
    Milk fo example, or a nice smootie.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    so anyways, try
    Nonsense.

OP, aim for fattier cuts of red meat, cook foods in EVOO or butter, avocado, nuts (especially a few servings of trail mix), high calorie protein shakes, high calorie protein bars, add cheese to a lot of things, high sugar fruits (go bananas!!!), full fat dairy (some greek yogurts at 200+ calories), ice cream, pizza and use lots of marinades on foods.
  • hiimjoe777
    hiimjoe777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look I had the same problem. You can not eat that much and not feel bad or have other side effects. Honestly I got on a test booster and it seemed to help valence me out I am now eating half of the 4000 a day and making steady gains exercise is a huge part.
  • GlenzioFitness
    GlenzioFitness Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Milk!!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    so anyways, try

This is just silly nonsense!! I would load up on proteins like lean beef, lamb, chicken, turkey as well as great carbs like potatoes and avocados, nuts, etc. Keep your fats at about 30% of overall calorie count.

Happy eating!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Fats because you only have to eat 1/2 of the grams of fats as carbs and protein to get the same calories. The down side I find to eating high fats is because they satisfy hunger so well I automatically restrict my calorie intake.

By adding a lot of coconut oil and heavy whipping cream (36% butter fat) my first cup of coffee has have 800 calories. Along with coconut flakes and almonds my first meal is more like 1300 calories. I can maintain at 200 pounds on 3000 calories and lose about 3 pounds on average monthly at 2600 calories. Being 64 and not working out beyond walking a quart mile daily my calorie requirements may be a lot lower than yours.

Absorption/digestion rates vary from body to body and if it is low one has to eat more to get the same amount of calories as another perhaps.
  • tinyfruitprincess
    tinyfruitprincess Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    so anyways, try

This is just silly nonsense!! I would load up on proteins like lean beef, lamb, chicken, turkey as well as great carbs like potatoes and avocados, nuts, etc. Keep your fats at about 30% of overall calorie count.

Happy eating!!

It's not nonsense? Sorry that I'm even talking about veganism.
    I'm just saying, it's possible to gain weight, become healthy and save animals all at the same time. If you had to gain weight wouldn't you rather do both then selfishly gain weight on products like cheese ( pls tell me how loading your stomach and liver full of pus, fat, lard and fatty meat is " right " & going to make someone healthily gain weight but eating vegan is nonsense? I'm just stating facts. milk has over 10,000 pus cells in one 8 oz serving. healthy? k. )
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    so anyways, try

Happy eating!!

I'm just saying, it's possible to gain weight, become healthy and save animals all at the same time. If you had to gain weight wouldn't you rather do both then selfishly gain weight on products like cheese ( pls tell me how loading your stomach and liver full of pus, fat, lard and fatty meat is " right " & going to make someone healthily gain weight but eating vegan is nonsense? I'm just stating facts. milk has over 10,000 pus cells in one 8 oz serving. healthy? k. )

bd4722fb990f56a915ca07b8a3baaa82125c62c2b5b589fa367dc37d97feb112.jpg
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    so anyways, try

Happy eating!!

So you've backtracked from telling us that animals will mess up our insides to it is better to not eat them because YOU want to save them.

Humans are omnivores. We are designed to eat both plants and animals. Both cheese and milk are actually healthy for human consumption. So is delicious animal flesh.

Of course, studies show that plants react to painful stimuli ... but you gleefully eat those.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ikn5w9960w0i.jpg
    so anyways, try

Happy eating!!

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    so anyways, try

Happy eating!!

A vegan diet is certainly not for everyone. A lot of animal products have higher quantities of several nutrients than plant based foods. No one here is saying to eat a diet of exclusively animal based foods. But eating some of these foods can certainly benefit the body.

• dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    so anyways, try

Happy eating!!

If the OP asked for vegan options for increasing calorie intake, then you'd be all set. However, you're taking your vegan agenda and pushing it on others. You'll always get criticized for that.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    dfranch wrote: »
    so anyways, try

Happy eating!!

If the OP asked for vegan options for increasing calorie intake, then you'd be all set. However, you're taking your vegan agenda and pushing it on others. You'll always get criticized for that.

We need a like button.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    so anyways, try

Animal products are in fact "healthy" and won't mess up your insides...lol