Bread help

Options
do I want a low calorie light bread with 35 calories that will allow me to eat more at a low calorie

Or a higher calorie dense bread where it contains more "healthy" add ins (cracked wheat, whole oats whatever)

Thoughts?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    whatever fits in your calorie goal and you enjoy?

I personally go for the sandwich or bagel thins.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think the low calorie taste like dust. I like sourdough bread (80 cal. ea.) to make a sammie with the fixings came in at 350 cal. total. Life's too short to eat crappy bread :)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Each has its merits. Eat the one you feel like having this week.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. I would eat the better tasting one but in a small amount. (BTW, the cracked wheat and whole oats add very little nutritional value -- not much different from "wheat.")
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My advice is to work out! The more u exercise, the more carbs you can eat!!! That's what I eventually gave into.. Because I couldn't deal without them.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    kimcalica wrote: »
    My advice is to work out! The more u exercise, the more carbs you can eat!!! That's what I eventually gave into.. Because I couldn't deal without them.

And if u already do.. Just work more lol
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    take the one you like! the 'healthy adds' you can usually get it from other sources, I don't eat any bread with more than 60 cals but that is just my personal preference, I sometimes get the thin slices 35 cals that are awesome too, it's easy to fit 4 slices daily in my calories
    oh well bre<3d...