Scared the weight loss will stop

Options
2»

Replies

• Roxannehcarter
    Roxannehcarter Posts: 28 Member
    Options

A few little changes like this have been easy to incorporate and increased my loss by about 0.5 lb per week which is whst I was looking for. I had slowed to 1 lb or less per week this summer. [/quote]

That's a horrible thought! I can't wait to drop down sizes! Get into my "skinny jeans" comfortably
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    When you are close to your goal weight/ideal its not going to come off quickly.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You will lose from a caloric deficit. There is no bad food, so get that out of your head.....well maybe kimchee ..GAG! Exercise is for your health and helps the deficit.

This.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Don't relax and start eating more when you get to 72kg this time.

Eating more? ??
    Can you tell me why?

Other than being pregnant and some rare medical conditions, the only way to gain weight is eating at a calorie surplus.

You said:
    I always get around a certain weight (72kg) and then it just stops.

It stops because you are eating too much. :)
  • Roxannehcarter
    Options
    I actually got to the point of pretty much one meal a day to try and "shock" my body. It didn't work at all :(
    We shall see once I get back to that weight I suppose
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I actually got to the point of pretty much one meal a day to try and "shock" my body. It didn't work at all :(
    We shall see once I get back to that weight I suppose

You can't shock your body, and meal frequency and how often you eat do not affect weight loss.

I suggest you accurately log your food, weigh all solids and measure liquids, and ensure you are eating at a calorie deficit. Eat only 75% of your cardio calories back.

Again, you are eating too much food if you're not losing weight.
  • Roxannehcarter
    Options
    Not there yet.. and I'm losing atm. I still have a while before I'm back at that weight
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    It's the vicious yo-yo cycle! You dramatically drop your calories, lose some weight and then crash, plateau as your metabolism slows down. You get discouraged or just want to eat like a normal person and you begin to gain. Now it's harder, why? Because you've lost a ton of lean muscle from extreme calorie deficit and gained mostly fat when your weight increased.

The better way, albeit much slower, is to eat at level that promotes a healthy metabolism with a conservative deficit and lift weights to preserve lean muscle.

The steps:
    1. Slowly increase your calorie intake (i.e 250 cal/day) every week.
    2. Ignore any instant weight gains, they aren't real, remember (3500 cals is a pound)
    3. Continue to increase until you see a 0.5lb (0.22 kg) increase weekly (250 x 7 = 1500 or 0.5 lb)

This is called a metabolism reset. Once you're there, now you know how many calories your body really needs to function. You can then calculate a conservative, healthy deficit of 10-20%.

Please come by the EM2WL group (eat more to weight less) and get some more details.

If you have Periscope, look up EM2WL. The group founder, Kiki, does live talks about the subject and you can watch all of her replays.

NO ONE WANTS TO EAT 1200 CAL/DAY FOR EVER!