Does exercise make you energetic or sleepy?

Options
13»

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My diet controls my energy level more than exercise does. Crappy eating = low energy. The only time exercise seems to come into play is after long extended exercise like very long runs or hikes
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I generally find I'm a bit tired for ~30 minutes post-workout. But after that, it neither energizes me, or makes me sleepy. But, it seems to put me in a better mood for the balance of the day.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Are you tired in the morning if you don't work out, too? I'm not a morning person. No matter how many years I've had to get up early, I'm never bounding up the steps and happy to be out of bed. I hate the world until about 10AM. I walk my dog at 6:15 every morning before work...it might make me feel slightly more awake, but I don't think there is anything I could do to make me all happy and energized in the morning.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning and then took a nap. after the nap I feel ready to attack the world. but no nap and I'm sleepy

there is a difference I think between a lack of calories and just tired. it feels different to me. one feel lethargic and wrong, one feels just cozy and comfortable
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    My diet controls my energy level more than exercise does. Crappy eating = low energy. The only time exercise seems to come into play is after long extended exercise like very long runs or hikes

Interesting.

Y'all who feel tired after a moderate amount of exercise - what are you eating before and after? Are you hydrated?

• kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If it's a short workout, like 30 minutes, I am energized. If it's long run day and I'm out there for over an hour, I need oatmeal and a nap after.