isagenix

Options
Has anyone else ever used isagenix to help then lose weight? I started on shakes about two weeks ago and have lost 6.4 pounds since!

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    No. I eat my nutrition and stay away from scams like Isagenix.
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No I eat real food and try to avoid the shakes, etc.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I like to chew my food and save my money for other things.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    nope. I do my best not to drink my calories. I find it unsatisfying(drinking calories)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    FYI, you won't find much support for diets based around MLM structures and/or the use of replacement shakes. I know a couple of people on the diets and I have had several discussions with them. I typically think that program cuts calories way too much and they rely way too much on supplements. And they don't teach you what to eat to sustain long term.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else ever used isagenix to help then lose weight? I started on shakes about two weeks ago and have lost 6.4 pounds since!

No, I have not, but Isagenix is only working because you are in a calorie deficit, so that means you might want to stop spending your money on this scam and continue to lose weight eating real food. You can do this.

I'm going to tell you a big secret now:
    Any diet will work if you eat at a calorie deficit, and no diet will work if you eat at a calorie surplus.:)

You can do this!!

Let's see how many people actually read the secret. :D

• SLLRunner
    Options
    Once you start maintaining to save money, you can just buy protein powders at grocery stores.
    A heap of a lot cheaper.

Huh? I am genuinely confused by this response. This is not Isagenix v. cheap protein powder, but the fact that weight loss products are pretty much scams. It's easy and cheap to make a lifestyle change and lose weight, and fun too!

I love food!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've said it time and time again, but, how did you gain the weight? I bet it wasn't by drinking shakes.

It was by eating food that you enjoy in unmanaged quantities.

It is my opinion that programs like these are unhelpful because they do not teach someone (or force them) to re-evaluate what they're actually eating or learning portion control. As soon as you stop replacing your meals with a shake and start to maintain (and eat real food) you will undoubtedly gain weight.

Full breakfast you were eating- 700 calories
    Replace with Shake- 90 calories

Uh oh, you're losing weight because you cut 610 calories from your normal diet? WHAT A SUPRISE!

You will now have to drink these shakes forever and ever and ever to maintain that. And you've gained zero of the knowledge you need to succeed in maintaining.

Edit: Also, dont get me started on the price and MLM.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I heard a commercial on the radio recently for this. It was one of the DJ's talking about how awesome it was and that he had lost fourteen pounds in his first two weeks on it. At that point, my BS detector was overwhelmed, shut down, and rebooted into safe mode.

I get that monitoring calories is hard for people. Unless you plan to continue drinking two meals a day for the rest of your life, these programs are worthless.

There's only one drinkable meal replacement worth the time: Wine.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Shakes only help you to lose weight because they restrict your caloric intake but, how are you learning anything? You can't keep the weight off if you aren't learning how to control your intake yourself and learn how to prepare foods. A shake is short term.

Shakes are nothing special in terms of weight loss.. Simply money making gimmicks because companies know people will fall for almost anything if they promise weight loss.

Save your money, learn how to change your lifestyle and you will lose weight. Those shakes alone didn't cause you to lose what you did.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

What will you do to maintain your weight when you stop drinking shakes and don't know how to eat regular food the right way?
  • mbeardo
    mbeardo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been using Isagenix for 16 months now. I lost 20+ pounds and have been able to keep it off easily, first time. I did a lot of research on their products and determined the are very high quality.
    I know I could have done the same eating "normal" food but I like the taste of the products and the ease of use. I have two shakes a day and a regular healthy dinner. Also I have healthy snacks between meals.
    I am turning 60 next year and am in the best health I have ever been in.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    mbeardo wrote: »
    I have been using Isagenix for 16 months now. I lost 20+ pounds and have been able to keep it off easily, first time. I did a lot of research on their products and determined the are very high quality.
    I know I could have done the same eating "normal" food but I like the taste of the products and the ease of use. I have two shakes a day and a regular healthy dinner. Also I have healthy snacks between meals.

No.

Absolutely not necessary and not advisable to use that long term. Are you just going to keep drinking the shakes until you die? You will likely run out of money by then.

"I'm 85 and living under the overpass off of 45th Street, but darn it, I feel better than ever! Thanks, Isagenix!"
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options

First of all, losing twenty pounds is AWESOME. The problem is that it's 16 months. That's less than 1/3 of a pound per week; 1100 calories per week; 156 calories per day. You can sustain that level of loss by NOT DRINKING JUST ONE CAN OF PEPSI every day. I don't know what Isagenix runs per week with 14 servings per week, but it seems to me it would be much cheaper and easier to simply dial back the intake a little bit each day, and still get to eat all the things I love, than to drink two of my meals every day and pay a premium for that privilege.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

How did you determine their products where high quality? I havent seen any independent reviews that thr supplements actually contain their suggested amount.

And considering most mlm supplements are manufactured in china, you can almost be guaranteed that they arent high quality.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    The idea of calorie counting and awareness is so one doesn't have to resort to paying for fad diets, MLM's, and other diet industry profit making endeavors.
    Of course if one is willing to pay for something like Isagenix for life, then more power to them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SLLRunner
    Options

You lost weight because of the calorie deficit not because of the shakes. You have used the shakes as a tool to create a calorie deficit. That's an awful expensive too, in my opinion. :)

What would it look like to replace those shakes with meals that are equal in calories to the shakes? Since you have lost weight slowing, I would bet your weight loss would continue (if that is still your goal), thereby you would see that your weight loss is due to your own work rather than the Isagenix.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    tmimn.gif