Wow.

You have no idea what this means to me.

I had no idea you all cared this much! :cry:

I love you all too!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    I want to start walking, but where I live there are a lot of black bears and other wild animal hazards. Maybe if I only walk when it is daylight I will feel safer.

Where do you live? I want to live there. Sounds like a dream to me!

Pacific Northwest. They're everywhere. I have probably a dozen bear encounters a year - and I only live an hour from a major city.

I live in town in durango Colorado and have a bear living in the trees next door. Taking out the trash is always an adventure at night.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You can get exercise dvds from the library.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    Wow! The biggest problem I have running in England is being run over by the milk float. And the weather of course :wink: I don't envy you!

Haha and I'm scared of dogs off their leads on the seafront. Not many bears in East Sussex...

its their owners im scared of up here in sheffield.
    sign says dogs should be on leads at all times but folks let thier dogs roam free and many choose to run with me at least for a little while

the owners get angry and ive been told several times i should be walking if theres dogs around, sooooo i should on run 100 yards of my 2 mile run then?

i used to be terrified of dogs as i was bitten on 3 occasions as a child but thankfully none of the dogs i meet at the park or the lake have been aggressive

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    You can get exercise dvds from the library.

But you might encounter bears (or cows) on the way to the library!!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Really you guys?

Wow.

You have no idea what this means to me.

I had no idea you all cared this much! :cry:

I love you all too!

:heart:
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Are you guys not paying your Bear Taxes?
  • aaroessler
    aaroessler Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bear spray!!!!!!!!!!!! Black bears are pretty timid too, unless they have cubs or are quite large 300+lbs range. I personally wouldn't be afraid; go buy 2 cans of bears spray and use one as your test can to see how it works (make sure you're pointing it downwind and have nothing downwind you value). Bear spray is like pepper spray on streiods, having it is safer than having a gun.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I guess swimming is out too

https://youtu.be/77dtqOOaGLo