Screwing myself over.

2»

Replies

• cwilso37
    cwilso37 Posts: 79 Member
    Trust me I am 100 percent ready to lose weight...No if ands or buts about it...My Fiancee who is and has always been for 9 years 135lbs. He can eat a house...He was home for almost 2 weeks. Usually when hes not home i make eggs for me for breakfast a chicken salad for lunch and whatever my family wants for dinner. But since hes been home ive been cooking everyone a big breakfast lunch dinner and dessert. It was kinda hard to turn down caramel brownies. I already made a vow to myself not to cheat till I hit that 169 goal for September. I did great today 1000 calories consumed for the day...It was my rest day so I didnt exercise. I exercise 5 days a week. All cardio based. Leg day core day lift day leg day core day lift day...etc etc but 2 days of rest a week.

I believe in one of your threads before I gave a certain piece of advice, which I am going to give again. Given the issues you keep going through, set your weight loss speed to .5 lb per week. It will give you more calories to play with right now, which will help you in learning to budget / meal plan better. As you work the kinks out, you can increase your loss goal. 1000 calories per day isn't good, you need more fuel.
    I save calories over for the whole week...I add them to a notepad document...Then a day we have dessert or fast food I know I have 600 calories or so that I can eat.

I can understand the desire to do this. Given the aforementioned issues you are having this is not smart. If you were able to maintain under your calories then adding the complexity of weekly totals / moving calories around would be no issue, and a common practice. However, you are having issues with staying in your totals already, moving around calories just increases the likelihood of mistakes or issues.

Also just an aside, making strict rules like no X until Y lbs, just increases the likelihood of a binge. We are all pulling for you.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    It's tough starting out. After a big bout of weight loss (Well done on losing 10lbs!), the mistake some people make is then 'treating themself' for their achievements which sounds fair enough but can undo your hard work.

I was overweight for most of my life and tried 'diets' for a week or so until giving in because I couldn't be bothered and I 'loved food too much'. That was my excuse. Needless to say, I didn't lose weight but that's because I simply didn't have the willpower and weight loss wasn't that important to me back then. It was only when I became serious about my goals and imagined how healthy and happy I could be if I lost some of the excess weight that I knuckled down and did it properly. Once I wanted it bad enough, you couldn't have stopped me. The odd 'binge' is inevitable - I DO love food and I always will love food! I'm not going to lie, I ENJOY eating! But it really does come down to, what do I want more? That big bowl of chips that will make me happy for 10 minutes or looking and feeling brilliant so making healthy choices instead? It's down to you. Good luck
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Thank you everyone...Im back at it...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited August 2015
    Seeing as you're only 4'11, you probably have a pretty small calorie allotment. Maybe look into some lower calorie treat type items, or buy individually wrapped Dove chocolates or something so you don't feel deprived. I agree that caramel brownies would be hard to turn down....could you deal with having a very small portion of something like this?

ETA: Agree with the poster who says don't listen to the "most important meal of the day" and appetite suppressants guy!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Kristin, I am 4'11 and started at 150 lbs. I am now 109. I know the problems with being short. You may want to make slow incremental changes and reward yourself not with food. You can friend me if you want support and advice!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I agree with @clh72569. I too struggle with rewarding myself with food. I never thought so in the past, but I've slowly come to realize that I am an emotional eater. I don't just eat for comfort but also for celebration.

I'm short, but not as short as you. I would probably never set my weight loss goal for a week higher than 1lb and I would make sure that I was eating back about 2/3 of my exercise calories. If there is a time of day you struggle with more, save some calories. My meals get progressively bigger through out the day because I like to eat more at night. Probably because I'm busy during the day so the stress doesn't kick in until around 8pm. Then, I want to eat.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    One thing I do with really tempting treats is, I just ask for one bite of my kid's treat. My 16 year old son, eats an enormous amount of calories to maintain a healthy weight as his height continues to increase. I eat my one bite and really savor the chocolate and caramel and then hand the rest to him.