How to quit dessert.

Options
Anyone else have a sweet tooth after dinner?

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Unless you have trouble sticking to one portion and fitting it into your calorie allowance, dessert isn't a bad thing.
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Unless you have trouble sticking to one portion and fitting it into your calorie allowance, dessert isn't a bad thing.

So today I still have a small amount of Cals left. I can eat them and still have a deficit?
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth, I have a box of bite size chocolate bars in the cupboard and have 1 or 3 in the evening or I will have a small chocolate milk, I just fit it into my calories no problem at all
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love eating Yoplait greek 100 whips as dessert. It's greek yogurt that is whipped so it has the texture of mousse, and they come in a variety of delicious flavors for only 100 calories. I personally am in love with the lemon meringue one. I have one just about every day.
  • ttfnweight
    Options
    ttfnweight wrote: »

So today I still have a small amount of Cals left. I can eat them and still have a deficit?

I have 185 left. I love dessert. It's my fav meal of the day! Lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    This post literally made me sit up in bed (I've been lying down on my side munching on popcorn) and think "SAY WHAT?!"

Why no dessert?? Log something you like at the beginning of the day. I'm getting my popcorn and frozen yogurt on tonight.
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Can't quit desert. Sorry but no , can't do. And yogurt and fruits won't do it either, please suggest something else .
  • ttfnweight
    Options
    Half chocolate fudge pop tart a la mode for me:

cz1lvxp2d6q5.jpg

95556598.png
    O M G!!!!! THANK YOU!!! Lalalalalalala I'm a happy girl
  • ttfnweight
    Options
    Try some of these healthier recipes for that sweet tooth! http://pbandrae.com/?page_id=16

Thank you!! I looked at the site and I will definitely be trying the brownies the protein cookies omg the raspberry coconut ones too!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calorie goal, go for it!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    If you only have 45 calories left for instance, weight watchers has a decent sized fudge cicle, I personally love their English toffee bars but they are 100, skinny cow has frozen yummies closer to150/190. A couple of Almond Roca are well under 100 but I have a hard time stopping LOL. Oreos always hit the spot ( 4 for160 but I learned today they have come out with lower calorie Oreo thins I need to track down B) ) Some days it might be a glass of wine or a mixed drink. I prelog my days and usually make room for a treat several times a week. If you love cupcakes, make room. Berries with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate..... I gotta stop now hahaha
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yep, make it fit into your allotment.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options

Yes.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options

I have 185 left. I love dessert. It's my fav meal of the day! Lol

With 185 cal, I'd have my low-cal yogurt, topped with my low-cal maple syrup, topped with whipped cream. :) That's one of my favourite deserts.

• ttfnweight
    Options
    If you only have 45 calories left for instance, weight watchers has a decent sized fudge cicle, I personally love their English toffee bars but they are 100, skinny cow has frozen yummies closer to150/190. A couple of Almond Roca are well under 100 but I have a hard time stopping LOL. Oreos always hit the spot ( 4 for160 but I learned today they have come out with lower calorie Oreo thins I need to track down B) ) Some days it might be a glass of wine or a mixed drink. I prelog my days and usually make room for a treat several times a week. If you love cupcakes, make room. Berries with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate..... I gotta stop now hahaha

That was great!!! Hey! Hey? Where'd she go???come back dessert fairy!!
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So today I still have a small amount of Cals left. I can eat them and still have a deficit?[/quote]

I have 185 left. I love dessert. It's my fav meal of the day! Lol[/quote]

Yogurt w a few walnuts, one of my favourite desserts, hopefully wont go over the 185 mark

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    The wonderful thing about summer is that there are all sorts of fruit in season. Watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries...All make for wonderful palate cleansers after a meal, and you can eat a huge bowl of then for relatively few calories. Half of a cantaloupe filled with vanilla greek yogurt is a particular sweet treat of mine. Prunes, figs, dates, and other dried fruits work well, too.

Or, if fruit doesn't quite float your boat for dessert, there's lots of low-cal diet desserts nowadays that you can buy. Some people already mentioned weight-watchers and skinny cow desserts. Most ice creams in general are pretty reasonable, so long as you weigh out your portion and put the carton away before you start eating. A few squares of dark chocolate. A sweet smoothie. Sometimes, if fruit won't satisfy me and I don't feel like chocolate, I'll suck on some hard candy. It's fairly low-cal and lasts a long time.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    This post literally made me sit up in bed (I've been lying down on my side munching on popcorn) and think "SAY WHAT?!"

Why no dessert?? Log something you like at the beginning of the day. I'm getting my popcorn and frozen yogurt on tonight.

It took me a while to work out a reply that didn't make me sound like a lunatic sugar fiend.

• Nery_Tay
    Nery_Tay Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with "dessert". While you can eat it you should check out how many grams of sugar the item has or consider if there could be a healthier alternative.