My new gym: Bay Club

Options
I joined a gym called Bay Club and I've been going every day. It's really beautiful inside and I have to admit that motivates me to go. The idea of going just makes me happy. Does anyone else go to this gym? I think it's only in California...Unfortunately the branch I go to doesn't have a pool :'(
cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5a2t0ufqzkcc9.jpg
789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/hj/stytozzejbn9.jpg
awn447f9f93b.jpg

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Looks like it sucks. Don't see any weights, cardio equiment or anything else to get work done :) . No way personally I would pay for all the unneeded overhead.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow, it looks like a spa moreso than a gym. It also looks pricey. I hope personal training and massages are included.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Wow, it looks like a spa moreso than a gym. It also looks pricey. I hope personal training and massages are included.

Happy ending massages?
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Happy ending massages?
    No my mind does not go there.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lol...you have to pay more for personal training and massages :P

so you're paying for pretty decor? I mean what does the membership get you.

PS by the way I totally think this is spam.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    there is a fitness centre of course...it has lots of stuff including kettlebells...then the bottom floor has the yoga and pilates studio and the movement studio or whatever it's called and additional machines, and there are several lounges and a starbucks and meeting/conference rooms that people can reserve..and they have events..like financial planning talks lol..and watching games

that's not a gym.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    lol what is it then?? and that's a cuuute minion <3

looks like a spa lounge hang out., whatever- ultimately if it makes you happy- that's all that matters.

Stewart. He makes me happy. :D
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I very much doubt I would be willing to pay the member fees in that glam spa.

I'd also be willing to bet that those "financial planning" talks are actually sales pitches for ridiculous overpriced annuities and other insurance products.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a social club more than a gym.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    there is a fitness centre of course...it has lots of stuff including kettlebells...then the bottom floor has the yoga and pilates studio and the movement studio or whatever it's called and additional machines, and there are several lounges and a starbucks and meeting/conference rooms that people can reserve..and they have events..like financial planning talks lol..and watching games

that's not a gym.

Based on the pictures I can't see a drop of sweat being produced there
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    It reminds me of Planet Fitness but without that annoying purple.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    it's $150/month if you are under 30 (otherwise $200), and you have to pay $150 to join but it used to be $500 apparently..haven't been to the financial talks yet as I just joined, my dad wants to go LOL:)

My health club/fitness center has no fee to join and is $32 per month with no contract. Age 60 or over is $22 per month and still no contract.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am really only familiar with the SF Tennis Club, which the Bay Clubs chain just bought. But I have heard too. They are expensive. The amenities and locker rooms tend to be great. The fitness equipment, not so much; you can do as well or better for less.
    So, if you like plenty of nice towels and showering with other men and need to be able to buy a smoothie inside your club, the Bay Clubs are great. But, if you are looking to sweat -- that is, for bumper plates so you can deadlift and lots of squat racks so you can always get one and leg press machines and pull-up bars, etc. -- you can find cheaper with more.
    The tennis courts at the SF Tennis Club (and the other one they own in the city; don't remember the name) are great. But time on those courts is -- this is a theme here -- a bit pricey.
This discussion has been closed.