My new gym: Bay Club

Options

Replies

• InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    So you live in SF, Tufel? Well honestly I have a lot of free time. I volunteer at the library, animal shelter, and next month starting to volunteer at this park/arts centre. So the highlight of my day is going to the gym. I like selecting what makeup and perfume and which tank top I'm going to wear. I am considering taking my laptop there so I can sit in one of the beautiful lounge rooms.

Why would you put on makeup and perfume right before the gym???????
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    What the actual....???

Happy Friday!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So you live in SF, Tufel? Well honestly I have a lot of free time. I volunteer at the library, animal shelter, and next month starting to volunteer at this park/arts centre. So the highlight of my day is going to the gym. I like selecting what makeup and perfume and which tank top I'm going to wear. I am considering taking my laptop there so I can sit in one of the beautiful lounge rooms.

Not sure if you are serious.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That's a gym?

I don't see the squat machines, the weight room, the cardio room, free weights, benches, I don't hear the gym shop-talk, I don't smell the sweat, I'm not putting the bar with 70 pounds added across the back of my shoulders, and I certainly don't taste the sweet satisfaction of working toward a healthier physique like all those other people in the gym wearing their ordinary gym clothes.

However, if it works for you that's what matters. :)

Where is the gym equipment, by the way?

I have friends who go for that kind of environment, but not me. No way.

Oh, what gym is this?
  • SLLRunner
    Options

You put makeup on to go to the gym?

If you're sweating, it will come right off again.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I've been in the one in SF. It's like $160 a month and $250 a month for premium membership. Lol, to me you're paying them to basically bask in their bathrooms.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    it's $150/month if you are under 30 (otherwise $200), and you have to pay $150 to join but it used to be $500 apparently..haven't been to the financial talks yet as I just joined, my dad wants to go LOL:)

$150 a month !!!! Maybe you can give me a loan :)
    I wouldn't even join GoodLife fitness, and they were only charging me $40 !!!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Not necessarily. Some frequent matte dabbing with a single layer of Kleenex along with a discreet dusting of cornstarch based neutrally toned powder can avoid such an embarrassing scenario.

Plus, Carmela always wore makeup at the gym successfully.

sbjlteb7bmg0.jpg

I have no idea who Carmella is.

All that makeup work....and you're just gonna sweat anyway. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I've been in the one in SF. It's like $160 a month and $250 a month for premium membership. Lol, to me you're paying them to basically bask in their bathrooms.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

And, on their website, look at how they're all fancy and pretty with their lattes and cookie, and socializing with their drinks. Not that I have anything against lattes and cookies (yum!) or socializing with drinks, but I just don't think the gym is the right place for it--at least not for me. :)
  • queenliz99
    Options

Not necessarily. Some frequent matte dabbing with a single layer of Kleenex along with a discreet dusting of cornstarch based neutrally toned powder can avoid such an embarrassing scenario.

sbjlteb7bmg0.jpg

j1k46f31o34h.jpeg
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

sbjlteb7bmg0.jpg

j1k46f31o34h.jpeg

Thanks. Never watched it. :)

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Only if you don't get any on the pins. Or at least wipe it off if you do.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Is it ok to apply foundation in the squat rack?

There are priorities you know. Gotta look good
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My workout consists of 5 min on the treadmill, 5 min on the stationary bike, and then going to the Jacuzzi and watching TV and going on my laptop in the lounge, so I don't break a sweat. Thanks for the advice on the foundation. I'll check it out, but I don't bother wearing foundation in general so as to let my skin breathe - I just use eye makeup. There is gym equipment but since the pictures aren't as pretty I didn't bother posting them. The gym is http://www.bayclubs.com/cupertino/ Don't start stalking me now lol

I thought you wanted to work out 6 hours a day. What does your *kitten* boyfriend think of this "gym"
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This discussion has been closed.