Diet pills

Options
13»

Replies

• snl122032
    snl122032 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    levie27 wrote: »
    is anyone on her using diet pills to help lose weight. If so what kind?

Phentermine, it's prescription drug appetite suppresent, it's working great for me. I still feel hungry sometimes. It mostly helps me feel full faster, stops me from over eating and keeps me in my calorie range. I have to meet with my doctor once a month while taking it. It's been around since the 30's or 40's, and it's regulated.

I also take phentermine has been working great, lost 7 pounds the first week, was 40 pounds overweight
  • snl122032
    snl122032 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OTC pills are generally just caffeine pills. Prescription pills are not needed and do nothing to teach you how to eat properly.

Just stay away from them. If they work, the results will likely be short-lived. Eat at a calorie deficit, and you will lose weight.

not true, phentermine has taught me to only eat until I'm satisfied and controls my hunger so I can prepare healthy meals rather than being so hungry I just get fast food, and even when I don't take it I still only eat until I'm satisfied and my stomach has shrunk and I make much better food choices, it has also helped with self control around food
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of diet pills - especially those that can be bought online. You name it I've probably tried it (XLS medical, Proactol, Lipobind, Thermabol, Adios - to name a few) and NONE of them work. None of them. I wasted SO much money over the years on these products claiming to blitz the pounds and it was all a complete waste of my time, money and expectations. Please, please don't believe the hype.

As for pills prescribed by doctors, I can only assume that they have an ingredient proven to do *something* but I haven't really looked in to it too deeply. My mum was prescribed Orlistat from her Dr which made her lose weight purely because she was running to the bathroom after every meal and suffering from severe diarrhea. Not fun. Of course, as soon as she stopped taking the orlistat, she held on to the fat as she would do normally and gained weight. Quick fixes are simply not the answer.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    snl122032 wrote: »
    OTC pills are generally just caffeine pills. Prescription pills are not needed and do nothing to teach you how to eat properly.

Just stay away from them. If they work, the results will likely be short-lived. Eat at a calorie deficit, and you will lose weight.

not true, phentermine has taught me to only eat until I'm satisfied and controls my hunger so I can prepare healthy meals rather than being so hungry I just get fast food, and even when I don't take it I still only eat until I'm satisfied and my stomach has shrunk and I make much better food choices, it has also helped with self control around food

It hasn't taught you... it's making you.

That's the whole point of phen, no?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options

Phentermine is a DRUG. You need a doctors prescription to get it since it's NOT an OTC. And the drug doesn't "teach" you, you're reacting to a chemical reaction that's caused by it. If you've really learned how to control your hunger, than why do you need to take it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Perhaps you think you're learning how to eat properly while on the pills, but what about when you come off of them? Most people revert to old habits, since phentermine suppresses hunger. You're not learning how to deal with hunger properly and how to eat foods that satiate you in proper portions.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Most of then are nothing more than legal speed. None of them will cause you to learn the habits you will need to keep the weight off once you lose it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    scams that's all they are. drink lots of green tea during the day

Lmao so you say "pills are scams" and then say "drink loads of green tea during the day"

I'm not sure if you're srs

Lmao MFP y u so funny
    TrollTroll

guys do u wana do a master cleanse with me? xx

really jump starts weight loss!!!

No thanks I'll just stick with my clean foods.

This is the best master cleanse there is. I heavily advise that everyone on MFP tries this and buys it. It completely detoxify's your system by removing every single toxin held within your cells. THESE ARE THE TOXINS THAT THE GOVERNMENT WANT YOU TO EAT SO U KEEP GOING BACK TO THE DOCTOR!!!!
    You can't be serious?
    He's not. He's funny, tho.