Just sayin'.

Options
I really hate it when people ask questions such as "Why am I not losing weight?", "Why haven't I made any progress in X amount of time?", etc. Don't get me wrong; plateaus obviously exist, and for the record, they are very frustrating. However, if you're someone who eats fast food multiple times per week or even multiple times per day, you shouldn't be questioning why you aren't losing weight.

I'm a firm believer in eating the not-so-healthy foods you love in moderation, but when it becomes an every day routine, that's when you have to realize that you truly are not giving your all. That's when it's time to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track.

Just my two cents.

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    just saying? firm believer? 2 cents?

cliche!
  • LandonRand
    LandonRand Posts: 166
    Options
    Nice outlook! Keep up the hard work
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    just saying? firm believer? 2 cents?

cliche!

I'm missing your point here.
  • NormInv
    Options
    missing your point?

exactly my point!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    missing your point?

exactly my point!

What was hard to understand about my post? I'm tired of seeing people on here ask time and again why they aren't losing weight when they aren't even trying.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    << Waiting for the fast food argument to begin
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    You are 18 and just starting out with your weight loss. I really don't think you can be a firm believer quite yet. Calories in, calories out is king, despite the source.
  • whierd
    Options

I got you bro.
  • NormInv
    Options
    missing your point?

exactly my point!

What was hard to understand about my post? I'm tired of seeing people on here ask time and again why they aren't losing weight when they aren't even trying.

tired of people!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    You are 18 and just starting out with your weight loss. I really don't think you can be a firm believer quite yet. Calories in, calories out is king, despite the source.

Just starting out?

My weight has been yo-yo'ing my entire life. However, I've never questioned myself when I wasn't actually trying. I never thought to myself "Why am I gaining weight?" as I bit into a cheeseburger from McDonald's. I knew what the consequences would be.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Yo yoing!

You need to read Emily Bronte/
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Me too.

So you admit this is purposely inflammatory. :huh:

@ Norminv: I'm not going to beat around the bush; that was funny.
  • whierd
    Options

Just starting out?

My weight has been yo-yo'ing my entire life. However, I've never questioned myself when I wasn't actually trying. I never thought to myself "Why am I gaining weight?" as I bit into a cheeseburger from McDonald's. I knew what the consequences would be.

Oh, my bad, didn't realize you were so experienced. Fast food is da debil and automatically is stored as pure fat.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

Just starting out?

Oh, my bad, didn't realize you were so experienced. Fast food is da debil and automatically is stored as pure fat.

No, it's just a bunch of chemicals and saturated fat. Close enough, right?
  • TattooedMuffin
    TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    FAST FOOD=YOLO!!!

...jk haha thought it was appropriate.:drinker:

fast-food-fun-o.gif GIFSoup
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Just starting out?

eating a cheeseburger from Mcdonalds will not hinder weight loss.
  • whierd
    Options

Just starting out?

Sure thing, toots. Unless you understand how macronutrients are metabolized.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

Just starting out?

That wasn't my point.

One cheeseburger is fine, but eating three per day probably isn't the best idea.
  • whierd
    Options

Just starting out?

But it is all chemicals and fat.