Just sayin'.

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Love that this is a spin-off from the 'Not Losing' dead horse thread.

*chomps on popcorn* Carry on.

totally off topic, but I thought your dress was made of bacon. I might need sleep...

Wasn't on line during the day, but I feel like this is the BEST post from Thursday, besides the chocolate chip hummus, of course. :laugh:

:bigsmile: it made me want to eat her. It. It made me want to eat her dress. :laugh:
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Love that this is a spin-off from the 'Not Losing' dead horse thread.

*chomps on popcorn* Carry on.

totally off topic, but I thought your dress was made of bacon. I might need sleep...

Laughing so hard I'm crying.

Why? Maybe I'm tired, too!!!

I told you you look smoking! Now we know why. BACON! And of course, your sexy self.

Ps: Pass the popcorn, please.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    So you're implying that if one never eats fast food they will never plateau?
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Let's look at it in a different perspective.

What if it's not just about losing weight? What if it's about overall health?
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    << Waiting for the fast food argument to begin
    fast food fight maybe instead...
    last_mascot_standing_540_zpsd917bb5e.jpg

it only has just begun!
    bk-vs-mcdonalds-o.gif GIFSoup
    Epic gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Then that changes my answer.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Who do you know that actually has a solely cheeseburger diet? These arguments that people make are silly because I highly doubt that a person who is not overweight is actually eating cheeseburgers (or whatever fast food/junk food you want to use) all day or as the majority of their diet.

ETA: people want to try to make this argument when they get told calorie deficit is all that matters. Yes, weight loss only, calorie deficit is what matters. You can eat kit kats all day and lose weight if you're in a caloric deficit but NO ONE ACTUALLY DOES THAT.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    No, it's just a bunch of chemicals and saturated fat. Close enough, right?
    Are you saying that "clean" food isn't bonded at the chemical level?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options

You know what's bad for your health? Stressing out about the relative healthiness/evilness of every bite of food you eat!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Who do you know that actually has a solely cheeseburger diet? These arguments that people make are silly because I highly doubt that a person who is not overweight is actually eating cheeseburgers (or whatever fast food/junk food you want to use) all day or as the majority of their diet.

I dare you to do it.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Okay, I made this post because I just read another thread in which a woman was asking why she wasn't losing weight when a majority of her diary entries consisted of fast food for each meal.

Was it a little over the top for me to take the time to make a whole new post about it? Of course.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Oh, and for the record, I said that I feel fast food cheeseburgers are unhealthy.

Cheeseburgers from an actual restaurant or made at home using fresh ingredients? Totally fine.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I really hate it when people ask questions such as "Why am I not losing weight?", "Why haven't I made any progress in X amount of time?", etc. Don't get me wrong; plateaus obviously exist, and for the record, they are very frustrating. However, if you're someone who eats fast food multiple times per week or even multiple times per day, you shouldn't be questioning why you aren't losing weight.

I'm a firm believer in eating the not-so-healthy foods you love in moderation, but when it becomes an every day routine, that's when you have to realize that you truly are not giving your all. That's when it's time to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track.

Just my two cents.

so far, thats a statement..... although it is relatively well written and states a position, im still waiting.... for the question.

what's the question?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Overall health isn't just about food. One could eat PERFECT and still be unhealthy if they are still overweight/obese, have high stress, are surrounded by bad environment (smog, chemical factory, etc.), bad genetics, prone to disease, high risk behavior (smoking or drugs), lack of sleep, lack of exercise, totally unhappy.

IDEA Fitness member
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

that definitely changes things. I'm no whistleblower and could care less, but will point out that making a thread to mock another thread is one of those big no-no's.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

Overall health isn't just about food. One could eat PERFECT and still be unhealthy if they are still overweight/obese, have high stress, are surrounded by bad environment (smog, chemical factory, etc.), bad genetics, prone to disease, high risk behavior (smoking or drugs), lack of sleep, lack of exercise, totally unhappy.

IDEA Fitness member

I completely agree with that statement, but eating unhealthily does play a part in that.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    << Waiting for the fast food argument to begin
    fast food fight maybe instead...
    last_mascot_standing_540_zpsd917bb5e.jpg

thats a tough one to call. sanders, well hes a badass, he will bust yo wishbone with a rooster punch to the thorax, but ronald is depraved and uses scopolamine to get the upper hand.... * gets comfortable
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    I really hate it when people ask questions such as "Why am I not losing weight?", "Why haven't I made any progress in X amount of time?", etc. Don't get me wrong; plateaus obviously exist, and for the record, they are very frustrating. However, if you're someone who eats fast food multiple times per week or even multiple times per day, you shouldn't be questioning why you aren't losing weight.

I'm a firm believer in eating the not-so-healthy foods you love in moderation, but when it becomes an every day routine, that's when you have to realize that you truly are not giving your all. That's when it's time to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track.

Just my two cents.

so far, thats a statement..... although it is relatively well written and states a position, im still waiting.... for the question.

what's the question?

There is no question.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Oh, and for the record, I said that I feel fast food cheeseburgers are unhealthy.

Cheeseburgers from an actual restaurant or made at home using fresh ingredients? Totally fine.
    Your feeling is an opinion. Personally I eat Mcdonald's once a week and it's usually a Quarter pounder with cheese. I could eat a home made cheeseburger and with the same calorie count and get the same results.

IDEA Fitness member
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

I'd say it's more about not using the phrase "just sayin'."