Has anyone done or is doing the ...The new rules for lifting for women

lavrn03
lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
edited August 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I am reading the book and hope to start my new routine on Monday.
Any advice??
I have been lifting for 6 months 3X a week I'm no pro but not a complete novice either. I currently do pull/push/leg days. I also have been adding in a lot more lunges, squats, jumps, planks as I have gone along,

Should I start at stage one? And if so should I only do a few weeks and move on? I'm not a beginner. I don't want to lose the strength I've built up.

Another question: if I do program MWF. Would it be okay to cont my TTH routine of running? One day I do intervals of speed and another I try to run 3.2 miles. I want to do my 1st 5k race soon.

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Can't answer your question, but want to point you to the NROLW group here on MFP
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • lavrn03
    Thanks just joined. Wow it was started in 2011 so a lot to read thru.

• janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    I am in Stage 1 (round 2), but I was pretty much a novice when I began. I like his plan because every workout is "full body" and not divided into "leg day..." etc. That puts less pressure on me to lift every other day, so when I lift HEAVY and need an extra rest day, I know that I'll still be working everything that needs to be worked. I hope that makes sense! Since I've been in round 2, I've also been doing squats and deadlifts at every workout.
  • lavrn03
    So for workout 1, it says squats. Which squat workout listed do you do? Just pick one?