Describe your best breakfast!

Options
Hi everyone,
I visited many nutritionnists internationally and each one has its point of view of the best breakfast to gain weight. My favorite ones were:
1. Banana-med 8"+100gr musli+2 yogurts/skim milk
2. Two slices of whole-wheat bread+1 egg+honey & olive oil+1 banana
What can be added to these meals? Do you think it's enough? Share your opinions please :)

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    First one sounds yum (although if you want to gain weight, why skimmed milk? Whole would add a few more calories without really filling you up any more). Second one upsets me with the combo of honey, egg and olive oil, but I can see that might help you reach your goals.

I like avocado, bacon, eggs and tomatoes on thick sliced toast. With a banana smoothie. I don't need or want to gain weight at the minute but that's what I enjoy after a long run first thing in the morning. It's about 800-900 calories.

Full fat greek yogurt with granola/muesli and fruit can probably turn out quite calorific too. Sometimes I make sausage, egg, spinach and cheese muffins too and they're good.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Longsilog.jpg

Lonsilog

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is boring but I love it: Greek yogurt every day. Sometimes I get fancy and make chilaquiles or clafoutis, and then I eat yogurt later. Lack of variety helps me stick to my diet.
  • Angelike01
    Angelike01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt only? Does it help you gain weight? :)
    I just googled chilaquiles, you must be Mexican! If you can eat that in the morning, then I salute you! :)
  • Angelike01
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    First one sounds yum (although if you want to gain weight, why skimmed milk? Whole would add a few more calories without really filling you up any more). Second one upsets me with the combo of honey, egg and olive oil, but I can see that might help you reach your goals.

I like avocado, bacon, eggs and tomatoes on thick sliced toast. With a banana smoothie. I don't need or want to gain weight at the minute but that's what I enjoy after a long run first thing in the morning. It's about 800-900 calories.

Full fat greek yogurt with granola/muesli and fruit can probably turn out quite calorific too. Sometimes I make sausage, egg, spinach and cheese muffins too and they're good.

Actually, she put plain/skim milk, I had the option to choose :) where I come from (Morocco), people are used to eat whole wheat bread with honey & olive oil. It's very good for us, brings a lot of energy for the whole day! As for the egg, I fry it with a little bit of olive oil and add salt and cumin. You should try it, it changes the taste completely :)
    I also put eggs with tomatoes and add bell pepper, onions and cheese on sliced toast. Its great with mint tea! One question: do you eat something before exercising?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Angelike01 wrote: »

Actually, she put plain/skim milk, I had the option to choose :) where I come from (Morocco), people are used to eat whole wheat bread with honey & olive oil. It's very good for us, brings a lot of energy for the whole day! As for the egg, I fry it with a little bit of olive oil and add salt and cumin. You should try it, it changes the taste completely :)
    I also put eggs with tomatoes and add bell pepper, onions and cheese on sliced toast. Its great with mint tea! One question: do you eat something before exercising?

I might have to try that out of curiosity.

I don't, but I would've made sure to eat a big dinner and probably a snack just before bed the night before so I'm not hungry when I wake. Sometimes I have a glass of juice if I fancy it before heading out.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love granola, 100g has over 500 calories without the milk.
  • Angelike01
    Options

Do you add yogurt to it? It seems not enough on its own.. Granola is amazing when you make it as a yogurt parfait with granola, fruits, and mapple syrup/honey!
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options

LOL I thought the same thing - "why the hell use skim yogurt if you're going for the full experience?"

Well, I had a BIG breakfast today. I made a nice burger with mince turkey, an egg and vegetables on a bagel.
    On its own it doesn't seem too bad...except I was reaching for another bagel right after. That's 500 cal right there.

It'll be a while until I get bagels in the house next, I think...hhahaah
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Do you add yogurt to it? It seems not enough on its own.. Granola is amazing when you make it as a yogurt parfait with granola, fruits, and mapple syrup/honey!
    I have it with home made easyio yoghurt and add seeds for the fat content and add raisins as well.
  • Nadeem332
    Nadeem332 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mine is
    1. Whey protein 1 Scoop
    2. Whites Oats 3 oz
    3. Low Fat Yougart
    4. 4 Almonds
    It,s became protien, carb and fats complex
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt only? Does it help you gain weight? :)
    I just googled chilaquiles, you must be Mexican! If you can eat that in the morning, then I salute you! :)

If you add Nutella or almond butter to your yogurt, it does. Otherwise, it's just a high protein, filling breakfast. I eat the full fat kind, but it still isn't especially fattening. It's all in how much you eat. Chilaquiles are breakfast food! Some Mexican climbers made it from leftovers on a trip we were on together.

• Angelike01
    Options

I have it with home made easyio yoghurt and add seeds for the fat content and add raisins as well.

Will it be too much asked if you tell me the recipe of your homemade yogurt? I always wanted to avoid industrial food which is full of conservatives. Also, what seeds are you adding? Thank you dear!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have the same breakfast whether I'm bulking, cutting or maintaining - 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and jam and a coffee with milk. You can eat whatever you want for breakfast (or nothing at all as long as you make it up the rest of the day). It's all about your overall intake being in surplus so whatever helps you get there
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Two fried eggs with a dash of hot sauce, wrapped in a tortilla.
  • MidoAm
    MidoAm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eggs, sweet potatoes, butter (easy way to get calories) and any kind of beans.
  • Angelike01
    Options
    MidoAm wrote: »
    Eggs, sweet potatoes, butter (easy way to get calories) and any kind of beans.

Sweet potatoes in the oven or do you have your own way of cooking them?
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1. Three eggs with salmon and Siracha sauce and Greek yogurt (for variations I switch the salmon with tuna, cottage cheese)
    2. Kashi creal with almond milk and a quest bar
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    6 eggs = 480 calories
    5 strips of bacon = 250 calories
    2 pieces of toast = 200 calories
    butter on toast = 100 calories
    200g oatmeal = 150 calories
    1 cup of milk = 150calories
    1 avocado = 300 calories
    Some salsa = ? calories
    Honey = a bunch of calories
    Brown sugar = some calories

Fry bacon. Remove from pan into plate
    Fry eggs in bacon grease. Remove eggs into plate next to bacon.
    Slice up avocado on eggs. Add salsa.
    Put oatmeal with milk in microwave for 2 minutes. Add brown sugar, honey, butter (or olive oil) after completed.
    Butter toast.
    Eat 1800 calorie breakfast.

Now time for mid-day snack....