primal pantry bars

Options
Are primal pantry bars ok to eat?

Replies

• Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    In relation to...? Weight loss? Macros? Overall health? The environment?

In essence, these bars are just candy bars marketed to the health freaks: great source of fat and carbs (sugar), not so good for protein. They are about 200 cals per bar, I think, so they are pretty okay to fit into a deficit, I guess?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - you really just need to worry about eating MORE and not about good/bad foods….

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

In essence, these bars are just candy bars marketed to the health freaks: great source of fat and carbs (sugar), not so good for protein. They are about 200 cals per bar, I think, so they are pretty okay to fit into a deficit, I guess?

OP has an eating disorder she needs to get into a surplus...
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

OP has an eating disorder she needs to get into a surplus...

Then go for it! Meal replacement bars are better (more protein), but if you like these, enjoy! I need to up my calories as well and meal replacement bars as snacks between full meals and chocolate milk are lifesavers!
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great thankyou