My arms are fat...

Options
13»

Replies

• gottabethin22
    gottabethin22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First of all do not hate, LOVE your body instead, then your body will talk to you and encourage you what to do.
  • Kimbot88
    Kimbot88 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There are so many things that don't sound right here. OP "hates" her body. She's in her 20s and says that she used to have (sounds like she still has) an ED. Her tummy is flat. She works out all the time (not sure how this is sustainable) and her arms look... well, like arms.

Am I the only one who thinks there are body dysmorphia issues here??

I will admit that I have an unhealthy self-image. I always have. I have never felt comfortable in my body, unfortunately even when I was 20 lbs lighter. I have looked in the mirror and started crying because I feel disgusting. Though I still struggle at times with maybe a mild ED, it is nowhere near when I was in my teens and ate only about 500 cals per day, abused laxatives and diet pills, and ate in the bathroom at school so no one would see me (I understand that is unhealthy). I do still struggle with binging and I acknowledge that it is an issue. But I believe I am honest with myself when I see room for improvement. I am not a bony stick figure on the verge of death (clearly) that sees herself as 300 pounds. I have room to lose weight, that is a fact. And I believe my goals are realistic. I want to lose weight and build muscle. I do not want to be a string bean. I want to be strong and have defined arms, legs, and abs. I have back problems and would like a nice strong back.

I know I need to work on my self image and though it doesn't look like it, I am. I feel better when I eat better. I love feeling my burning muscles after a good workout. I am starting to look in the mirror and find the tiniest things that I can be proud of.
  • Kimbot88
    Kimbot88 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    First of all do not hate, LOVE your body instead, then your body will talk to you and encourage you what to do.

I am working on it. I'm trying to take care of my body and give it what it needs.

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I agree that you have a beautiful body. I can understand wanting to make some improvements but not "hating" it. With what you've said about your past eating habits, I'd suggest you get some counseling.