Lots of sugar ok as long as you stay in your daily calorie goal, right?

Options
2»

Replies

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Read the blog

It mentions this topic

See what you think.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    High sugar diets lead to fat in the blood which leads to heart disease. It causes fatty liver, metabolic syndrome and depression. Low cal or not, it's not good for you.

Agree with stacerpacer. From my own personal experience, if I eat too much sugar every day, it is very hard or almost impossible to lose weight because taking a bite of something like chocolate or cake makes me hungry for more, I cant stop at one. It's like an insatiable appetite and I just feel tired all day. Nothing wrong w the occasional treat though :)

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Eating sugar is fine. I eat sugar in a deficit and losing fine. However, I find sugar doesn't keep me full or satisfied after I consume it. I only try to stay away from it sometimes because fat keeps me fuller longer.
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I personally found that by lowering sugar in my diet including artificial sweeteners lead to greater weight loss. I use to think that sugar didn't matter as long as I stayed under my calorie goal but i never lost much weight. As soon as i reduced sugar and sweetner consumption by over 50% i ended up loosing over 10 pounds in a month. And cutting back on sweetners was the only change i made.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not a huge deal but when I have too many empty calories from sugar I'm starving all day. I eat up to 80g a day though but my goal is 1800 so probably higher than yours.

Fruit is perfectly fine though, but it's the same for me, too much fruit and I'm hungry... I need more fat and protein.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, fatty liver.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Jokersurv wrote: »
    I personally found that by lowering sugar in my diet including artificial sweeteners lead to greater weight loss. I use to think that sugar didn't matter as long as I stayed under my calorie goal but i never lost much weight. As soon as i reduced sugar and sweetner consumption by over 50% i ended up loosing over 10 pounds in a month. And cutting back on sweetners was the only change i made.
    So you cut calories and then lost weight. Not exactly man bites dog.

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Mmmmm, fatty liver.

Saw a lovely looking recipe the other day for fried chicken livers and mushrooms.

As long as you are in a deficit you will lose weight.

Too much sugar in a calorie deficit diet is probably not the healthiest of diets though. Focus on getting adequate protein and make sure you are fulfilling your micro nutrient needs.

If most of that sugar intake is from fruit and veg you probably are. If it's mainly from fortified grains - well maybe not.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ex: I'm drinking a lot of skim milk. 12 grams a sugar a cup. plus some cereal. plus a nutrigrain bar, apple, pear, blueberries. almost 100 grams of sugar
    all that ok? to lose weight? as long as under my set goal?
    also, how do i stop the advertisements on my laptop? they really slow my wi-fi connection to a crawl (worse than a crawl).

You've had a lot of threads about sugar lately, I think you know the answer by now.
    And Ad Block Plus.

+1
  • lemurcat12
    edited August 2015
    Options
    coco_bee wrote: »
    High sugar diets lead to fat in the blood which leads to heart disease. It causes fatty liver, metabolic syndrome and depression. Low cal or not, it's not good for you.

Agree with stacerpacer. From my own personal experience, if I eat too much sugar every day, it is very hard or almost impossible to lose weight because taking a bite of something like chocolate or cake makes me hungry for more, I cant stop at one. It's like an insatiable appetite and I just feel tired all day. Nothing wrong w the occasional treat though :)

There are reasons not to eat too much sugar, but if someone says she is within her calories, than presumably the level of sugar she is eating is NOT causing her to overeat. It's like people don't read the questions.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Mmmmm, fatty liver.

My city banned that for a while, but then they thought better of it.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    ex: I'm drinking a lot of skim milk. 12 grams a sugar a cup. plus some cereal. plus a nutrigrain bar, apple, pear, blueberries. almost 100 grams of sugar
    all that ok? to lose weight? as long as under my set goal?

As others have said, to lose weight, sure.

For nutrition, how are you doing on protein, fat, fiber, micros?
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's like people don't read the questions.[/quote]

and some people get a kick out of correcting others as it makes them feel superior

• Chabela53
    Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The definition of insanity is asking the same question and expecting a different answer. :#
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Chabela53 wrote: »
    The definition of insanity is asking the same question and expecting a different answer. :#

That's not so insane, recently on a road trip my son asked me 20 times are we there yet? on the 20th ask he got a different answer!