Lots of sugar ok as long as you stay in your daily calorie goal, right?

Options
catscats222
catscats222 Posts: 1,598 Member
ex: I'm drinking a lot of skim milk. 12 grams a sugar a cup. plus some cereal. plus a nutrigrain bar, apple, pear, blueberries. almost 100 grams of sugar
all that ok? to lose weight? as long as under my set goal?
also, how do i stop the advertisements on my laptop? they really slow my wi-fi connection to a crawl (worse than a crawl).

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat in a caloric deficit... you will lose weight.

AdBlocker.
  • lbrodnax83
    lbrodnax83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    TBH- I've never a had a problem with sugar overages and weight gain... SODIUM on the other hand? That's a different story entirely!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat in a caloric deficit... you will lose weight.

AdBlocker.

/thread
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yeah just eat some more protein. All that has carbs. You need protein during exercise. Make sure to eat good fats walnuts avacoados ect or risk gallbladder damage especially on low cal diet.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    br3adman wrote: »
    Yeah just eat some more protein. All that has carbs. You need protein during exercise. Make sure to eat good fats walnuts avacoados ect or risk gallbladder damage especially on low cal diet.

So if I don't eat walnuts I am at risk of gallbladder damage?

Lolwut
  • br3adman
    Options

Lolwut
    No monosaturated and polysaturated fats is what you need,it happens to be in walnuts fish some oils ect
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

Lolwut
    No monosaturated and polysaturated fats is what you need,it happens to be in walnuts fish some oils ect

I've never bothered to track mono/polysaturated fats and I've been fine thus far... I think OP is fine by just eating whatever as long as she hits her micros.
  • br3adman
    Options

Lolwut

I've never bothered to track mono/polysaturated fats and I've been fine thus far... I think OP is fine by just eating whatever as long as she hits her micros.

Well super obese people need mono/poly when suddenly going from very high consumption to low calories under like 1400. I still have that mindset form when I started my diet. It still doesn't hurt to eat those foods some..
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

Lolwut

Well super obese people need mono/poly when suddenly going from very high consumption to low calories under like 1400. I still have that mindset form when I started my diet. It still doesn't hurt to eat those foods some..

And how do you know OP is obese?
  • br3adman
    Options

Lolwut

And how do you know OP is obese?

I don't know but generally its better safe than sorry. We need to eat good foods with nutritional value these are some of those foods.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Oh dear. I didn't eat walnuts. Do I have to regain the weight and start over?

Yes. Sorry. You need to track dem mono/polyunsaturated fats or you will have gallbladder damage.
  • stacerpacer
    stacerpacer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    High sugar diets lead to fat in the blood which leads to heart disease. It causes fatty liver, metabolic syndrome and depression. Low cal or not, it's not good for you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    i was making sure there was no harm in drinking lots and lots of sugar. like developing diabetes or getting bone problems or something.
    smart
    Sugar will not stop weight loss if you are eating At deficit, but YES it can have other effects on your health, including greater risk of diabetes. Not next week or next month, but over time. I suggest you do a google search for "health risk of sugar".

Also Sugar can increase cravings, decrease satiety, affect your mood, and do other things that CAN impact your eating habits and thus your weight.