September 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Alice_Luther
    Alice_Luther Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Only just seen this group, so Im going to post the runs i did last week before i knew i had a goal and aim for 45 miles this month.

Im aiming a little low becasue like with most people a miserable life event has set me back in the last couple of months. It involved a lot of sofa surfing, eventually moving house and having to be without my favourite running canine companion. So i aim for a 5 day running week with mondays and fridays as rest days just to get me back into the swing of things.

Im going to attempt to make a ticker ;) Would love to connect with other runners out there. Feel free to follow me on Strava
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @RunTimer - Can't believe you are braving Fisherman's Wharf this time of year with all the tourists!
    @AlexPaige - I think it is time to get the license plate and contact your local police. Best to be safe!
    @BanksySJ11 - remember no matter what time you got on your first half it is a PR (congratulations BTW) and the next time you can always improve from there!
    @patrikc333 - I run with my pup almost every day (Hobbes the Vizsla needs the daily exercise and would be a total crazy boy without it!). He loves to go and about the only thing that gets him more excited is going to the beach. When it isn't too hot he goes on my long runs too - we have gone up to 15 miles but I know others that run 20-25 miles with their people! Check out this article about training with your dog - (I know it is from a car company and features a Vizsla but.. it has good points :) ) http://drive.subaru.com/fall13_TrainLikeDog.aspx
    @lilolil0585 - If you threw up twice and you aren't otherwise fighting the flu or some other illness, I would say you are pushing your body too hard. Maybe try slowing it down on your long runs and pushing it for tempo on shorter runs intended for that purpose?
    @ShortMrsN - Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better!

Took Hobbes the Vizsla to the dog beach and had an amazing morning on the beach! There were so many other Vizslas to play with and he had a ball! We ran up and down and into the warm water. It was just a wonderful morning!
    o3712tz9qjy4.jpg

wonderful big boy! and wonderful location as well

My Moses will make me trip over prob after 100 meters!
  • patrikc333
    Options
    @BanksySJ11 - Congrats on completing your first half! It's a huge accomplishment!

@patrikc333 - My HRM is a Wahoo Tickr X that I bought in January this year. It has worked wonderfully save for an occasional high reading for the first minute or so (which seems common among HRMs). I am hoping it is just the battery because it would explain my last 3 easy runs where I had a ridiculously hard time keeping my HR down in the "easy" range in the middle of the run. Today is the first time I ignored the high reading and went with feel, hoping I was not fooling myself. It was clearly elevated by about 25 bpm for several consecutive minutes in the middle of the run, and then went back to the range I expected to be in for the rest of the run.

or maybe a bit of residual salt from sweat on the contact points

they are a pain, it is so frustrating when GPS / HRM strap are not reliable, as I trust them for all my distance + calories
  • patrikc333
    Options
    01/9 12 miles
    02/9 12 miles
    03/9 10k
    04/9 12 miles
    05/9 10k
    06/9 34.1k
    07/9 10k

133.8km/400

very nice sunset this morning, but 7C!!! went out with short sleeves but it was pretty chilly

found a £20 note on the foothpath :grimace:
  • Alice_Luther
    Alice_Luther Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ok here is my ticker :smile:

I did 4 miles on Thursday, 3 miles on friday, 3 miles on saturday and 6 miles yesterday

exercise.png
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    6 miles for me yesterday, so a total of 13 miles. hopefully this wasn't a double post but it takes ages to scroll through looking for previous posts!!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    9/1: Rest
    9/2: 7 miles
    9/3: 8 miles am and 6 miles pm with the Thursday crew
    9/4: 6 miles
    9/5: Rest
    9/6: Brunch and walking around museums > running 6 miles in a new town
    9/7: 18 miles

Super pumped because had a stellar 18 mile run this morning even though I wasn't feeling it earlier this weekend. Set out at a little after 5:30 (it was still dark!) and had the roads to myself for a solid hour before I ran into any other runners. I think I finally worked out the kinks with my 2.5 hour+ long run fuel, since my last 5 miles were my fastest of the day and I even cranked out a sub-8:00 mile (considering my overall pace was 9:18, that's really moving!). PLUS: I finally overcame the 2:48:00 barrier! My 18 mile runs are almost always without fail 2:48 and change. Today? 2:47:30. Very happy with today's run and going to celebrate with lots and lots of good food :)

45/200

exercise.png
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    9/1 -- 2.81mi
    9/2 -- 2.00mi
    9/3 -- 2.80mi
    9/4 -- 2.26mi
    9/5 -- 2.00mi
    9/6 -- 2.43mi supposed to be rest day but ended up taking the kiddos hiking.
    9/7 -- REST
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Out in front of the heat today, a little bit anyway. 3.7 miles and looking forward to a rest day tomorrow!
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Sep 01      5.2      5.2
    Sep 04      9.1     14.3
    Sep 05      3.7     18.0
    Sep 06      5.0     23.0
    Sep 07      3.7     26.7

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1-rest
    2-5.03
    3-5.04
    4-rest/ travel
    5-1.88 walk
    6-5.26 suuux! The heat is killing me. Should have been 12.5. Swam laps 20 minutes. That sucked too. I feel so out of shape..
    7-3.43 suuux! Thought I could beat the heat by getting out earlier. Still wiped out from heat run yesterday

20.64/80+

I have got to catch up on everyone's journey this month.

I have been in a funk. Kid taking off, work rumors and reassignments, finances, husband is a butt, medical issues, and my daughter has ALL of the forks in her room- not sure if shes being a troll or just to lazy to bring them back to the kitchen.
    Ugh, I just hit a point where I my emotional plate was full. And now I feel like I've just stalled physically.

So, time to dig back in to the community/resources and work my way out of this, one mile at a time ;-)

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for September

9/1 10.5 miles - 10.5
    9/2 6.6 miles - 17.1
    9/3 9.5 miles - 26.6
    9/4 6.85 miles - 33.45
    9/5 20 miles - 53.45
    9/6 REST DAY
    9/7 10.4 miles - 63.95

Happy Labor Day everyone!

exercise.png

• snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    9/1: Rest
    9/2: 7 miles
    9/3: 8 miles am and 6 miles pm with the Thursday crew
    9/4: 6 miles
    9/5: Rest
    9/6: Brunch and walking around museums > running 6 miles in a new town
    9/7: 18 miles

Super pumped because had a stellar 18 mile run this morning even though I wasn't feeling it earlier this weekend. Set out at a little after 5:30 (it was still dark!) and had the roads to myself for a solid hour before I ran into any other runners. I think I finally worked out the kinks with my 2.5 hour+ long run fuel, since my last 5 miles were my fastest of the day and I even cranked out a sub-8:00 mile (considering my overall pace was 9:18, that's really moving!). PLUS: I finally overcame the 2:48:00 barrier! My 18 mile runs are almost always without fail 2:48 and change. Today? 2:47:30. Very happy with today's run and going to celebrate with lots and lots of good food :)

45/200

exercise.png

Congrats. What a nice run. I look forward to the time I can do that :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles - way too many pushes on the snooze this morning! :smiley:
    9/2 - rest day walked the doggie instead
    9/3 - 5.1 miles
    9/4 - 10 miles last 2 were HOT HUMID and MISERABLE LOL
    9/5 - rest day - cross country meet - Skip did great 24th in her division 23:37 no where near a PR but it was so hot and humid you could hardly stand to be out there to watch let alone run. Proud of my girl.
    9/6 - 5.1 miles
    9/7 - 5.2 miles of trail running - OMG we had so much fun!!! Skip wanted to practice trail running for her meets and folks gave me some great recommendations of trails to run. We went out this morning and had a blast. The first trail was marked as easy/difficult so it was some easy packed dirt and some gravel with harder roots and rocks to climb. The second was difficult and some parts were about 2' wide and quite a climb (for me LOL). We loved it!

28.9 of 120 miles

exercise.png

f8pd0qndfzxt.jpg
    3mys6fvpt7yq.jpg
    wsjbch33otmn.jpg
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @kristinegift fantastic run!!!
    @elise4270 I'm sorry your going through so much hang in there
    @patrikc333 nothing like getting paid to run :smile: congrats on your find
    @shanaber I love seeing pictures of Hobbs!
    @ruqayyahsmum my thoughts are with you - lots of hugs
    @alexpaige I agree with making a police report, perhaps you need to run with some pepper spray for a bit. Stay safe.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift Terrific run - congrats on making a training PB!
    @skippygirlsmom Huge applause to you and especially your daughter for getting you on trails. You'll become a trail addict if you don't watch out!
    @Elise4270 You got it, work it out, one mile at a time! Let's get those endorphins coursing through our systems!

Happy Labour Day everyone!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    01/09 - 4.52 km
    02/09 - 3.04 km - A nice evening run
    03/09 - 4.56 km - Lunchtime run but without my run buddy :-(
    04/09 - Rest
    05/09 - Rest
    06/09 - 6.07 km - Lovely evening run
    07/09 - 2.04 km - Quick blast on the treadmill to finish my strength training session

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    @kristinegift Terrific run - congrats on making a training PB!
    @skippygirlsmom Huge applause to you and especially your daughter for getting you on trails. You'll become a trail addict if you don't watch out!
    @Elise4270 You got it, work it out, one mile at a time! Let's get those endorphins coursing through our systems!

Happy Labour Day everyone!

@mwyvr after her meet on Saturday she said she thought not running on trails hurt her so we decided to find a place. We had so much fun this morning. My legs will be talking to me tomorrow but it will be worth it because of the smile on her face and the big hug I got when we were done. :heart:

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 6 mile steady run (6 total)
    9/2 - 4 mile easy run (10 total)
    9/3 - 8.5 mile long run (18.5 total)
    9/5 - 13 mile long run (31.5 total)
    9/6 - 4 mile easy run (35.5 total)
    9/7 - 4.5 miles fartleks (40 total)

Goal 166 miles

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I hear you (and Skip) about the trails. They are quite a big change from paved surfaces. I have too many road races this fall to commit to trails as much as I would like. My pace on trails is so slow I wouldn't get the miles I need each week! Depending on trail conditions this winter I hope to swith to primarily trails as they are quite a stronger workout.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @mwyvr thanks, I'll keep grinding it out!

@skippygirlsmom Love the pics! Skip is too cute! I took to some trail runs a few months back hoping to add strength and agility. I really enjoy hitting the technical ones. Like @mwyvr said, they will become addictive. It just stirs something primal in me!