September 13 - 3.59

exercise.png

exercise.png

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @pearshapedmum - Happy Birthday!
    @Elise4270 - ouch! Take care of yourself...that sounds super painful
    @kristinegift - agreed, finishing your run and not feeling / looking like you already took a shower is great!
    @JoRocka - great run at a fantastic pace!

9/1 - rest day
    9/2 - 5.2 miles treadmill "hill" workout with HM training group
    9/3 - 4.5 miles around the 'hood...heat and humidity is back 74° and sticky at 5:30 a.m.
    9/4 - 4 miles in the humidity...pretty good pace today
    9/5 - 8.2 mi with HM training group...tough, ended with a 1/2 mile hill...twice.
    9/6 - unplanned rest day
    9/7 - 5.76 miles of intervals with HM group
    9/8 - 4 miles in drippy, sprinkly and still humid weather...where is fall?
    9/9 - 4.5 miles, super comfortable. 64° and lower humidity...yay!
    9/10 - 5 miles treadmill/trek class...super sweaty
    9/11 - 4.4 miles...beautiful, cool morning...went downhill a bit after the run, though. Car issue.
    9/12 - 9.66 miles with HM group...beatufil weather!!
    9/13 - rest day
    9/14 - 5.43 miles of intervals / tempo with HM group

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 5.25 miles
    9/2 - 3.55 miles
    9/3 - strength training + cycling class
    9/4 - rest
    9/5 - 34 mile bike ride
    9/6 - 12.82 mile run.
    9/7 - 36 mile bike ride
    9/8 - rest
    9/9 - 5.06 miles + strength training
    9/10 - cycling class
    9/11 - 6.02 miles + strength training
    9/12 - 34 mile bike ride
    9/13 - 62 mile bike ride
    9/14 - rest day. Don’t feel like I need it... feel great ... but forcing myself to do it. Can’t run till Wed and Fri.

Sunday bike ride was a charity ride. It wasn’t as fast of a pace as my Saturday ride, but still really good. It rained from mile 31-62. Running in rain is fun, biking in rain, not so much. When we got to the end I said to the guy next to me … “there’s no way that was 62 miles”. I couldn’t see speed or mileage because my phone was hidden away in plastic baggies because of the rain. Once I checked, it definitely was 62 miles. I hope the HM in October feels the same — “no way I ran 13 miles” :wink:

exercise.png
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    That sounds like a scary ordeal. I'd have PTSD from such an event. Glad you're doing well and taking it cautiously.
    I can distinctly remember the impact moment, but not much afterwards. It does give me a moment's pause when I see a vehicle coming toward me (and a couple of bad thoughts other times). I also have some real anger management issues about it - but then again, I have a tendency to play out scenarios in my head that have little to do with reality. I get real angry when I think about him "getting away with" hitting me, and plotting how to sue his a** since the police won't do anything about the situation.

Then my rationality asserts itself, and I figure - he's prob not real happy about the situation either. Unless I know that he's, for example, laughing about hitting a person or something like that, I think I can let karma or whatever handle it.

Sometimes it sucks to try to adult.
  • chopz108
    chopz108 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    New To group... But I run regularly for the past 2 years... This months goal is 100 miles.. Im in NY. r5vjew1royup.jpg
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    That sounds like a scary ordeal. I'd have PTSD from such an event. Glad you're doing well and taking it cautiously.
    I can distinctly remember the impact moment, but not much afterwards. It does give me a moment's pause when I see a vehicle coming toward me (and a couple of bad thoughts other times). I also have some real anger management issues about it - but then again, I have a tendency to play out scenarios in my head that have little to do with reality. I get real angry when I think about him "getting away with" hitting me, and plotting how to sue his a** since the police won't do anything about the situation.

Then my rationality asserts itself, and I figure - he's prob not real happy about the situation either. Unless I know that he's, for example, laughing about hitting a person or something like that, I think I can let karma or whatever handle it.

Sounds like an unsatisfactory ordeal. But, like you said, being an adult is tough. And think if your roles were reversed... I'd be s*itin' my pants if I hit someone, even grazed them. Definitely let karma have that fella!
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    moving right along...

exercise.png
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    September goal: 35 miles

9/1 - 3.1 miles
    9/2 - strength day
    9/3 - 2 miles
    9/4 - strength day
    9/5 - 4 miles
    9/6 - hiking (2.5 hours)
    9/7 - 3 miles
    9/8 - unscheduled day off
    9/9 - 2 miles + strength
    9/10 - 2 miles + strength
    9/11 - sdo
    9/12 - 2 miles + strength
    9/13 - 2 miles
    9/14 - 3 miles

September: 23.1 of 35 miles completed

@dawniemate - funny but glad it turned out better than you had thought!
    @chopz108 - welcome!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »

Have you tried talking to maybe your town council person that is supposed to represent you?
    If they don't answer, maybe go to the local newspaper.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles - way too many pushes on the snooze this morning! :smiley:
    9/2 - rest day walked the doggie instead
    9/3 - 5.1 miles
    9/4 - 10 miles last 2 were HOT HUMID and MISERABLE LOL
    9/5 - rest day - cross country meet - Skip did great 24th in her division 23:37 no where near a PR but it was so hot and humid you could hardly stand to be out there to watch let alone run. Proud of my girl.
    9/6 - 5.1 miles
    9/7 - 5.2 miles of trail running - OMG we had so much fun!!! Skip wanted to practice trail running for her meets and folks gave me some great recommendations of trails to run. We went out this morning and had a blast. The first trail was marked as easy/difficult so it was some easy packed dirt and some gravel with harder roots and rocks to climb. The second was difficult and some parts were about 2' wide and quite a climb (for me LOL). We loved it!
    9/8 - 5.1 miles
    9/9 - 5.5 miles
    9/10 - 7.2 miles nice slow pace this morning, just wanted to get the miles in. Still pretty humid (97%) but the temp was 69 so it was nice. Annoying little doggie chased me this morning and nipped at my heels, honestly people it's dark out keep your doggies inside so they don't get run over.
    9/11 - 5.3 miles - cool 64 but humid 100% morning, but nice weather for a run
    9/12 - xc meet rest day
    9/13 - 2 miles - was going to rest, but did 2 miles at the lake to move my legs
    9/14 - 6.2 miles - good night 46 degrees in Alabama in September who would have thought it!

60.2 of 120 miles

exercise.png

There isn't a good place to run at the lake so I went out on the street coming into the house, so much gets washed out by the rain. But it's beautiful there.

n0y8wbknjnr4.jpgqhtfmgykejpq.jpg

qlvpg0oeqqfx.jpgg94n0h0c5t0l.jpg

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Looks like quite a busy weekend for all. I was able to read everyone's exploits while we were out and about, but being on the phone, I don't like to type much so didn't respond. Kudos to all who are out there getting their runs in!

Saturday I had my first out-of-state run, putting in 5.1 miles in a historic part of Lawrence, KS, home of University of Kansas and my daughter. I got up early to run and I was very tight and sore from driving down from Minnesota the previous day but finally got it worked out about halfway through and was able to enjoy a wonderful run on brick-paved streets of the Old West Lawrence neighborhood where half of the houses were built between 1860 and 1900, followed by a run up and down historic Massachusetts Street. Both areas are on the National Register of Historic Places. I look forward to running this again when I'm there in November.

Sunday my daughter, son and I had planned on running in the morning before going out for breakfast but she texted me as I was getting ready telling me she had a terrible charlie horse the night before and was too sore to go. I ended up running another 5.1 when we got home later that night.

Though the weekend didn't have much running, I did get 43.3 miles in for the week, which is a new PR for miles in a week by over 8 miles.

9/01 - Rest
    9/02 - 6.1 Miles, 11:03 pace, 137 HR, 72F
    9/03 - 5.0 Miles, 10:53 pace, 142 HR, 77F
    9/04 - 8.1 Miles, 12:11 pace, 136 HR, 83F
    9/05 - Family Day! - Innertubing down a nearby river and going out to eat.
    9/06 - 7.7 Miles (5.2 + 2.5), First run: 11:05 pace, 139 HR, 76F, Second run with the kid. Also got in a 3 mile walk with Kody.
    9/07 - 13.1 Miles <-- New distance PR! 10:59 pace, 138HR, 68F
    - 2.3 Miles with The Kid
    9/08 - Rest
    9/09 - 8.5 Miles, 10:41 pace, 142 HR, 69F
    9/10 - 9.2 Miles, 11:04 pace, 138 HR, 60F
    9/11 - Road trip
    9/12 - 5.1 Miles, 10:13 pace, ??? HR, 52F <no GPS>
    9/13 - 5.1 Miles, 11:18 pace, 140 HR, 65F

Goal: 135 Miles
    Progress: 70.2 Miles
    Remaining: 64.8 Miles

g1sqlr6i3434.jpeg
  • tanyaL0L
    tanyaL0L Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Km to date:

9/1 5.79
    9/2 3.65
    9/3 6.14
    9/4 x-train
    9/5 x-train
    9/6 rest
    9/7 5.09 + weights
    9/8 6.06
    9/9 5.38 tempo
    9/10 6.55
    9/11 rest yard workout
    9/12 weights
    9/13 8.08
    = 52.79km / 33.79 miles
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    I'm never going anywhere that I don't have service again LOL so much to read.

@juliet3455 I'm with you on running at dusk in an unknown area, your safety is way more important than any mile
    @ddmom0811 I know what D means, it's hard to work and train. A friend of mine runs marathons and I had to laugh the other day she said "how do you train and work" ha ha! I said I get up before the roosters. 62 mile bike ride awesome! I can't image the rain coming down going that fast and what flies up from other bikes, ouch ouch
    I'm in for the Tiffany necklace too
    @shanaber new shoes and tops score!! We are twinning again :smile:
    @elise4270 I hope the hip is better soon, I can't imagine the pain of a tear like that in your hip
    @whatmerunning why was the first HM cancelled? Sounds like a great strategy for the one you are running
    @snha where is the pain in your heel exactly? Skip has problems with her achilles, she solved them with watching that her stride wasn't getting too wide so she didn't heel strike, stretching with a band, ice and rest. The trainer told us the biggest reason for an achilles injury is over use. Take care of yourself.
    @kristinegift great job on the PRs. LOL it was cooler/colder here this morning than most of the northeast
    @pearshapedmum Happy Belated Birthday I hope it was awesome...ah 36 to be that again ha ha!
    @jorocka great pace and mileage. Thanks for the kind words on Skip. A guy I knew back in the day is a XC/T&F coach and said it's time to start letting recruiters know about her so I need to start getting on some college websites. I don't ask for much, but please Lord show me some college money. :wink:
    @honunui congrats on your great race and placing in your AG! Skip runs circles, literally she runs them around me while we run.
    @dawniemate from one blonde to another LOLOLOL!!! but great news!
    @chopz108 welcome and I love your running group!
    @7lenny7 U of K sounds like a lovely place to run, congrats on the mileage PR and glad you got to spend some time with your kiddos! How is your daughter enjoying college?

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I had a crazy busy weekend so didn't get to run at all, but had a really fun time celebrating my youngest son's birthday with my family on Sunday. My baby is 9. That is just...wow. Sorta makes me teary.

Congratulations to Skip for her great time, @skippygirlsmom !

@mwyvr --that looks like such a beautiful place to run!

Congratulations to everyone else who had a race this weekend!

9/1 Strength training and elliptical
    9/2 6.5 miles (6 at 11:29 and .5 at 15:00) on the treadmill
    9/3 4.5 miles at 11:59 on the treadmill
    9/4 3 miles at 11:00 on the treadmill and strength training
    9/5 Rest Day

9/6 5 miles-nice trail run with 4 at 11:35(ish) and 1 walking
    9/7 1.5 miles at 12:00 with my 10 year old.
    9/8 1.5 miles super-slow walking on the treadmill on max incline plus strength training
    9/9 7.75 miles on my local park trail at 12:33
    9/10 3.25 walking the doggy for my rest day
    9/11 3.00 at 11:30 on the treadmill and strength training
    9/12 Rest

9/13 Rest
    9/14 4.5 at 12:30 on my park trail. Gravel is still not my friend. My hip flexor was once more my slightly annoying running companion. The weather, however, was stunningly beautiful--mid-50s, not a cloud in the sky.

Goal: 75 miles

exercise.png

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 U of K sounds like a lovely place to run, congrats on the mileage PR and glad you got to spend some time with your kiddos! How is your daughter enjoying college?

@skippygirlsmom, First some backstory. My wife went to KU while I was working in Kansas City and we lived in Lawrence for about a year and a half. It has been my favorite place to live because of the great vibe the town has. When my daughter was in high school and looking for colleges, my wife suggested KU and my daughter, being both very stubborn and not one to be told what to do about anything, refused to look at it, and told her friend that there's no way she'd go there and that it would be a waste of time and money to apply. Somehow my wife convinced to not only apply, but to tour the college. I texted her while she was on her visit to see how it was going and she replied, "OMG!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!". For her to admit that after being so adamant that it was a waste of time is huge.

She's now a sophomore living in a sorority house and she could not be happier. She love the school, loves the sorority, and loves the town. She just told us Saturday she couldn't imagine being happier at any other school. To here that is VERY comforting. Success in anything is so much about attitude. We, of course, also LOVE going back to Lawrence to visit our old favorite restaurants, bars, and just walk around. I would love to go back and live one more year there if we could, so we could really savor it.

• amyD2345
    amyD2345 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

@skippygirlsmom, First some backstory. My wife went to KU while I was working in Kansas City and we lived in Lawrence for about a year and a half. It has been my favorite place to live because of the great vibe the town has. When my daughter was in high school and looking for colleges, my wife suggested KU and my daughter, being both very stubborn and not one to be told what to do about anything, refused to look at it, and told her friend that there's no way she'd go there and that it would be a waste of time and money to apply. Somehow my wife convinced to not only apply, but to tour the college. I texted her while she was on her visit to see how it was going and she replied, "OMG!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!". For her to admit that after being so adamant that it was a waste of time is huge.

She's now a sophomore living in a sorority house and she could not be happier. She love the school, loves the sorority, and loves the town. She just told us Saturday she couldn't imagine being happier at any other school. To here that is VERY comforting. Success in anything is so much about attitude. We, of course, also LOVE going back to Lawrence to visit our old favorite restaurants, bars, and just walk around. I would love to go back and live one more year there if we could, so we could really savor it.

I love that! See sometimes we really do know what is best for them ;)
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    30 more minutes. My kids started 100 Mile Club at school today and I am running with my 5 year old but I don't think I am going to log any of that because it kind of is just run when she wants but mostly walking so far. I love that their school does this for them though. In other news, I am still loving my shoes. I did not have any shin or calf discomfort at all today which has not happened since April. Happy running, all!!
    exercise.png
  • aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Running group run tonight, probably last one through the woods before it gets to dark to offroad.
    About 4.5 miles.

exercise.png[\img]
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    September goal 100km
    9/1—Rest
    9/2–-5.3 km
    9/3–-6.24 km
    9/4—exploring
    9/5—rest, exhausted from exploring couldn’t get my butt up
    9/6—12.5 km, walked three times, but that’s okay
    9/7—rest
    9/8–5.06 km
    9/9–5.44 km
    9/10–5.15 km
    9/11—rest
    9/12–6.13 km
    9/13—the big 35 birthday…rest after a night of drinking and indian food
    9/14—weights at the gym, start of the k2fit challenge. Traditional rest day for me
    9/15–5.17 km—half way through the month and half way to my goal of 100 km! 51/100 km