124»

Replies

• momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    so gross
    To you. I like it as do many others. Guess us people that like "gross" food must be odd.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Lol yeah the answer is that we're so strange and the food must be horrible, how else can they have an annual of 2 billion dollars? Must have been a mistake ;)
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options

No, but being able to eat 1400 calories in a single meal probably did.

Eating that much at one time and not eating anything for the rest of the day sounds a bit like disordered eating. It's certainly a binge.

Panda Express is not even GOOD Chinese. It's pretty flavorless.

What is your criteria for a disordered eating pattern, and what is your criteria for binge eating? I had no idea there was a calorie maximum that constitutes a binge eating disorder, especially if one still manages their weight, but I'm using dsmIV criteria, so maybe you have now up to date information.

Binge eating disorder is defined as “recurring episodes of eating significantly more food in a short period of time than most people would eat under similar circumstances, with episodes accompanied by feelings of lack of control.” Someone with BED may eat quickly and uncontrollably, despite hunger signals or feelings of fullness. The person may have feelings of guilt, shame, or disgust and may binge eat alone (sometimes at night) to hide the behavior. To be diagnosed with BED, the behavior will have typically taken place at least once a week over a period of three months.
    "

Source: http://www.anad.org/news/important-changes-in-eating-disorder-diagnoses-in-dsm-v/

@danieltsmoke , Can you start posting about your guilty feelings do i can judge your eating with a proper dsm category? Thanks.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Protranser wrote: »

No, but being able to eat 1400 calories in a single meal probably did.

Eating that much at one time and not eating anything for the rest of the day sounds a bit like disordered eating. It's certainly a binge.

Panda Express is not even GOOD Chinese. It's pretty flavorless.

What is your criteria for a disordered eating pattern, and what is your criteria for binge eating? I had no idea there was a calorie maximum that constitutes a binge eating disorder, especially if one still manages their weight, but I'm using dsmIV criteria, so maybe you have now up to date information.

Binge eating disorder is defined as “recurring episodes of eating significantly more food in a short period of time than most people would eat under similar circumstances, with episodes accompanied by feelings of lack of control.” Someone with BED may eat quickly and uncontrollably, despite hunger signals or feelings of fullness. The person may have feelings of guilt, shame, or disgust and may binge eat alone (sometimes at night) to hide the behavior. To be diagnosed with BED, the behavior will have typically taken place at least once a week over a period of three months.
    "

Source: http://www.anad.org/news/important-changes-in-eating-disorder-diagnoses-in-dsm-v/

@danieltsmoke , Can you start posting about your guilty feelings do i can judge your eating with a proper dsm category? Thanks.

I'll get right on that =P
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Yeah I try to stay less than 1500..but some days I can have extra and just drink a ton of water =)

Riiiight.

This kind of thinking might have something to do with how you became overweight in the first place.

I am pretty sure sodium didn't make him fat.

Lol - I eat there for 1/5 of my daily calories, a 1/4 if I'm feeling froggy......

On a cut...

Sorry "doc".