Heart Rate Monitor & Smartwatches

Options
2»

Replies

• Palmeralex
    Palmeralex Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Aargh but if I change setting to 'very active' it gives me an extra load of daily calories! Annoying.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Palmeralex wrote: »
    andrikosDE wrote: »

andrikosDE: Do you also use the H7 paired with a phone/app for calorie counts/etc. or does the M400 integrate with MFP in any way?

The M400 connects to the H7 when I ride my bike, run, work out and it syncs with the Polar Flow app on my iPhone. it also pushes txts, e-mails, google hangout messages etc, if that's your thing.
    The M400 monitors your movements throughout the day, calculates your energy expenditure during the day, gives you "nudges" to move if you've been sitting too long, monitors your sleep quality, etc. etc.
    It's a great device which is constantly updated by the Polar development team. Very reasonably priced too.

PS Yes, the M400 syncs with MFP app and updates the exercise part of it. At the end of the day, the "excess" caloric output reported by the M400 is considered exercise depending on how you have MFP setup (mine is at the highest level of physical exertion).

Aha this is where I'm going wrong!!! MFP just awarded me another 600 calories just for walking 20,000 steps which is my normal daily steps recorded by my M400. I don't really want it to do that - if I ate another 600 calories there'd hardly be a deficit!! I'll change my MFP setting to high exertion. Really I'd prefer it to only award me extra calories when I record a run, not just for steps. Can it do that?!

Look at your activity screen, it will give you your calorie burn for the day, if it is more than your MFP projected burn it will give you more, if it less it will deduct them. If you turn off negative adjustments, it will not deduct them. It will just give you the surplus. Now if you those 20k steps include your run it will credit you for those, but deduct the difference between your MFP calorie burn and your normal calorie burn. So you still will see a negative adjustment.