5'2 losing 50 pounds

Options
13»

Replies

• chelseakrenzke
    chelseakrenzke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @missjones513 well if you were able to lose 30 lbs before you can do it again, and lose the other 40 on top of it! I lost 15 before in 3 weeks so I know I can do this again. You just have to be strict with yourself. I know you said your not very active, you should just take a walk once a day or something, it helps a lot!!
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'1.5". Started at ~175 pounds in August 2014, hit 125 in January 2015 and have been maintaining since then. I'd love to offer whatever support I can, my diary is open to friends.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I'm 114 now and have been this weight for a long time, so I'm not trying to lose, just using MFP to maintain and it is working for me. Not sure if you want a friend that is not on your same journey, but feel fee to add me if you would like. In any case, good luck--you can do it!
  • chelseakrenzke
    chelseakrenzke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's awesome @xtrain321 and @GetThatRunnersHigh :) I'm so happy you two were able to reach your goals! What were some of the things you did to achieve your goal weight?
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight before MFP existed just by not eating as much. I wasn't overly strict and my diet wasn't overly healthy. But it was a huge improvement, so I went from 170 to 130 pretty easily. After that I kicked up the exercise to help get down to 120.

I maintained 120 for a long time, but my diet was not actually healthy. Plus I just wanted to be a little bit leaner. I went to a Registered Dietitian to help me, and it changed my life.

My advice:

1) Nail down the number of calories you ACTUALLY need. It takes some experimenting because your TDEE is just an estimate. MFP will get you close, then adjust your intake based on what the scale is doing. This will matter more when you get close to your goal.
    2) Log your calories accurately using a food scale. Really do it every day. It's easy to be way off if you eyeball it or think, "It's just a little bite, it won't matter..." All those little bites add up! Use a digital food scale and log everything.
    3) For weight loss your calories can come from any food, but for feeling your best and staying full try to eat a balanced diet from all the food groups (unless you have a medical reason not to). Eat carbs, protein, and fat. If you don't know how to create a balanced diet, you could see a Registered Dietitian to help you. As I said, it changed my life!

It takes a lot of discipline and commitment since food is a focal point of so many social occasions and holidays. I'm strict with my food plan, so while I do think I'm a little too rigid, I am very successful with maintaining my weight. I would like to take the more relaxed approach of some, but that is my own struggle. Anyway, your success will be based on how consistent you are, but it does not have to be perfect. Good luck!!
  • Carrie904
    Carrie904 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so bad at keeping up with this app.
  • chelef
    chelef Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and need to lose 50 pounds also so hey friend! Lol My starting weight was 170. I'm starting off with smaller goals. My first goal is to reach 150lbs and the ultimate goal would be 120lbs. I'll go ahead and shoot you a friend request. I have yet to find anyone with the same stats and goals as me. Good luck to everyone!