Final goal met - 168 pounds lost

Options
13»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Very nice job of improving your quality of life.
  • maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are awesome!
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Great job!
  • Palmeralex
    Palmeralex Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    eoin21 wrote: »
    I was unhappy for months, maybe years, about my weight. I had no confidence and zero self-esteem left before I made the choice to better myself. I found that I was avoiding nights with my friends or even taken trips to go shopping because I became so self-conscious about how I looked. I decided the month before I began my journey that I wanted to become the happy, confident, and full of life person that I was when I was younger. I had the typical story, I ate too much bad food, drank too much, and exercised very little. I blamed a bad knee injury for my laziness.

It's hard to believe that I am the same person at times. I was struggling a bit last night with tiredness and with my own personal struggle of anxiety, it unfortunately decided to target the training and especially the big push I've been on the past 3 months. I was struggling to find that sense of 'it's all been worthwhile' and until last night I never had the sense of 'achievement' or pride in what I've accomplished, until my girlfriend asked me to compare these two photographs out of the blue.

IMG_3864_zps0koycwat.jpg
    IMG_3865_zpsu1azzit9.jpg

It's safe to say that any doubts or negative thoughts I was having have gone. It really put into perspective what I've accomplished, how much my life has changed. I am now 168 pounds lighter (12 stone exactly) and I can't believe that I have actually got to this stage after all the months of training and dieting that I can now say I am 'done' with losing weight, that I have reached the end goal that I once never thought was possible. I suppose I just began to forget too often what I've overcome to get to this stage. I forgot what I've already done and became to focused on what I've yet to achieve. I want more but forget that I've already succeeded in accomplishing.
    I'm a different person both physically and mentally as a result of this, but I wouldn't change it for anything in this world. I wouldn't go back and say I wish I never got that overweight, because the strength and lessons I have learned from it has finally made me appreciate living my life. I am by no means done with training or eating well, as through this I've gained a love of bodybuilding and I am learning to become a personal trainer. I know in every city or town there is an abundance of personal trainers and nutritionists, but I hope that I can pass on the knowledge I have learnt in regards to both the physical and mental challenges to losing weight be it through an online capacity or to clients.

Good man. You can show your clients t
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    Well done. Can I ask a question? Are you Irish?

Yeah I sure am Tom how did you know? Lol
    Lol. We're a fairly negative nation at times. It's only when you're online that you feel it's ok to be positive.

For me, I hated the drink culture...actually not so much drink per se, as over drinking. Wednesday nights - off to the pub to watch the football. Thursday - a few quick ones as it's nearly the weekend. Friday - hey it's Friday. Saturday - I can't let me mates down. Sunday - just a couple of drink with the family, haven't seen them in over a week. If there's one thing I could change here, it would be that.

Well done. Great achievement. I'm 39 and totally hear everything you're saying about confidence.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done :)
  • Namaste_Soul
    Namaste_Soul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing transition... from the inside out! :)
  • eoin21
    eoin21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments and support :) just an update, I am now taking part in my first bodybuilding show in 3 weeks as part of their transformation category!! Kind of scared by this all but onwards and upwards
  • eoin21
    eoin21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well done. Can I ask a question? Are you Irish?

Yeah I sure am Tom how did you know? Lol
    Lol. We're a fairly negative nation at times. It's only when you're online that you feel it's ok to be positive.

For me, I hated the drink culture...actually not so much drink per se, as over drinking. Wednesday nights - off to the pub to watch the football. Thursday - a few quick ones as it's nearly the weekend. Friday - hey it's Friday. Saturday - I can't let me mates down. Sunday - just a couple of drink with the family, haven't seen them in over a week. If there's one thing I could change here, it would be that.

Well done. Great achievement. I'm 39 and totally hear everything you're saying about confidence.

That has been the biggest realisation for me as well Tom, with my friends it was nearly impossible to go out for a few it was constant over-drinking and feeling the pressure to do the same. I now rarely drink and when I do its 3 drinks maximum so I actually enjoy it more without overindulging in it lol
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work. It is great that you still can enjoy occasional drinking. I drink only in moderation and usually only one cocktail per sitting. It is so great to know you can eat and drink anything you want, live healthfully, and still be in good shape. The over drinking isn't really fun at all. Congratulations & wish you much success in your aspirations of being a personal trainer.
  • Shaun1564
    Shaun1564 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing changes. Wish you the best of luck. You deserve it after that amazing journey. :)
  • yvs707
    yvs707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Impressive indeed! To think that I am proud with 15 or 20 lbs; you earned yourself some real pride.
  • SaraSinsation
    SaraSinsation Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love reading success stories, way to go for your girlfriend for showing you just how remarkable you are- and way to go for you for all of your hard work in reaching your accomplishments!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Incredible! What an encouragement it is to see what you have done! Thanks for sharing the pictures. It helps others that are on their way.

70044776.png

• jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! I'm at the beginning stages. I haven't set an end goal except that I know I need to lose a total of 127 lbs to be below 200. I try not focusing on how long of journey this is going to be and more of what I'll get to partake in again. Being overweight has limited my life and my feelings of self worth for to long. I'm so glad I read your story. 31 lbs down. Hit a bump in the road and gained a lb this week, but I'm back at it and focused for this week. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • OnDaJuice
    OnDaJuice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats broski
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. And you have a smart girlfriend who knew exactly what was needed to show you how far you have come.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!